It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police seek motive in attack on TV anchorwoman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Do you think this was actually done to make an example out of her because she was in the the movie "W"?

- It was the first thing I thought of when I read it. No sign of forceful entry... Only certain small items missing from her home... Sounds kind of suspicious!

Popular and beautiful Anne Pressly, an up-and-coming Little Rock, Ark., news anchor, had dinner with a friend, talked about her small role in the movie “W.” and went home, where she exchanged cheery text messages. And then she was beaten nearly to death.

Source

I apologize to the Mod's if this is in the wrong forum. Feel free to move it where it needs to be.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
When you';re in the public eye, you open yourself up to all sorts of kooks.

M? y first thought, i agree with the OP, is because she appeared in the movie W.
But that's not to say that somebody didnt want to beat her up for just kicks or something she said on tv.

She may have had signs maybe about someone??

I was in the public eye iin the 90's for something heroic (so they say) and i will tell you, i even got calls from as far as Hong Kong...some mad...some with praise...I dont think i would ever do that again. Hell no!

And if that wasnt bad enough, they kept repeating the story nationally because of a slow news spell.

Yiiiiikes!

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Maybe someone got tired of the pretty people. They're in your face all the time. She's a nice-looking woman.

Based on the brutality of the attack, I'll throw the jealously hat in the ring.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Beating her up just because she's beautiful... If that's the case, wouldn't there be more beautiful people that would be beaten that is a little more mainstream?

No just because she's in the public I can understand a little bit more... When you are in the public "Eye"... people tend to feel like you are public property. (i.e.- Paparazzi, etc...) Kind of like if you were to hit the lottery. Suddenly you have friends and family that pop up out of no-where.

Since she was in the movie "W", it could be that someone that swings one way or another Politically, might have taken it personally.

But, then again... it's all speculation. Just felt that it was a bit odd. "Spidey" sense kind of tingled a bit and felt that there might have been more to this story, "Conspiracy" wise, into this story than what we read.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Hmm. It's difficult to say really, but given the choice I'd say it was because she was in"W". I mean, yes, she's in the public eye and all, but that's not a motive, just an excuse, justification if you will. Somebody might have taken the film a little too seriously and decided the local anchorwoman was a clear representation of Bush's policies/"W"'s message, and just gone right for her.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

top topics

join