It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The Mayans were very smart. They predict that on December 21 2012 our world will come to an end. One recent thing is that since 1987 time has been speeding up. In fact a day from outside our galaxy appears to be 16 hours long. We still feel like it has been 24 hours only because of relativity. Not strange enough. Well on December 21 2012 our earth will be at the equater of the galaxy. Not strange enough? Our galaxy will be EXACTLY alligned with two other galaxies the exact date and time the Mayans predicted. 2012 is a very very scary year.

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
It does not matter how time is measured outside our galaxy, because of relativity. For us, 24 h is 24 h, no matter what.

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I wonder how exactly it's supposed to end? I believe anyway that whatever happens will be for the good of humanity.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Best article I've ever read on 2012:

www.spiritofchange.org...

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
If had a dime every time someone posted this , id be a rich mother f**ker. NO, I don't believe the world will end in 2012. Im not very religious anymore but I do believe this statment in the bible. It says not even the angels in heaven know when the world is going to end, mayans are in no comparison to angels. So, IMO, the world won't end in 2012.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Tamahu,
Wow. That was one of the best articles on 2012 I've ever read. Thanks.

No, I don't believe 2012 is the end of the world--just the end of the world as we know it.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
www.diagnosis2012.co.uk...

Everything from the plain to the outlandish.

Originally posted by Zuzubar
The Mayans were very smart. They predict that on December 21 2012 our world will come to an end. One recent thing is that since 1987 time has been speeding up. In fact a day from outside our galaxy appears to be 16 hours long. We still feel like it has been 24 hours only because of relativity. Not strange enough. Well on December 21 2012 our earth will be at the equater of the galaxy. Not strange enough? Our galaxy will be EXACTLY alligned with two other galaxies the exact date and time the Mayans predicted. 2012 is a very very scary year.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I definitely don't believe the world will end in 2012, though some kind of significant event in human history may well occur.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Screw the Mayans

I doubt the world would end then. How the hell would they know that anyway?

PS: This has been brought up many times...

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
yeah people are so misinformed, and the mayans that are still alive get very angered that people misinterpret that 2012 is the 'end of the world'
its just the end of this era, and a new one will begin during the winter solstice
apparently we have left the previous age in 1987 and are in a sorta transistory era which we have to keep the planet intact for the next age.

but yeah, its NOT the end of the world.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
well i aint gtonmna wait around for the nexteight years forthe world to end . Life is too short and fleeting

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
To be honest I have no real opinion on the subject. For all I know the world could end on 2012, and for many it will, but then for many the world will end today, and for many more the world will end tomorrow, etc.

The point being there is evidence that the world will end on 2012, and evidence that it won't; there is no proof either way, and we won't know until 2013 what happened during 2012. Even then we'll only know what we're allowed to know.

and if you aren't going to wait for the end of the world, then short of suicide or causing the destruction of the planet to occur sooner, what exactly can you do?

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I think there will be a great signifigance, but no end of the world......

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
If you happen to be religious, whether a Muslim, or Christian, both the Koran and the Bible mention certain "signs" that the world is headed towards it's end. Right now, many of those "signs" are beginning to take place. Such as the imminent threat of a 3rd World War, and such obsessions as the Pleasure of The Flesh, which it seems is everywhere you look now. Now, wheteher or not this means the end of our existence entirely, or just the end of everything as we now know it, I do not know, but I believe something will happen. However, I'm not going to just sit around and dwell on that date, I'm still living on a day-to-day basis, just trying to enjoy my life.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.

Thas my motto.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zuzubar

Spiritual Enlightenment will occur in those open to it. The end of Pices has come and the beginning of a new Aeon - Aquarius is upon us.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
It was only a prediction,don't worry about it.Others have predicted the catastrophe yet.It did happen.I think it can't appear either.Relax yourself.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amarillo_Brice
dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.

Thas my motto.

That's a damned good motto.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I hope the world won't literally end, hopefully they mean just a change.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
the world will not end at 2012, but there seems to be a case for there being a new time period being made. i am sure if the governments did nothing to stop what was going to happen we would have a lot of disaters etc...

but for some reason that is not being told to the public there is something about the year 2012 and that new time period that is going to happen.

i do not understand this 2012 thing but i am sure that it will have a big impact on the human race and the earth etc... whether it is big enough for the gereral public to know i have no idea. but i would assume the governments are doing stuff to make sure we get through it ok.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join