It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Disclosure: Critical considerations and Worldviews

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

(Concerning UFO/Extraterrestrial disclosure)

The post-disclosure world, as seen through the eyes of our governments, is one of unimaginable horror wherein their historic hold on human civilization has ended.

Full disclosure will be difficult on humanity, due not only to its iconoclast nature, but due mainly to the inevitable collateral cultural damage.

While a massive technological bestowal could positively affect energy and the environment, as well as the human condition in general, that change will also reach into every individualĀ“s life on a personal level.

The revolution that will follow full disclosure will dwarf all previous epochs. It will be "the end of the world as we know it".

Our governments are chronically aware of this potentially catastrophic shift in our understanding and have consistently acted to prevent it. The power elite have long envisioned this future and want no part of it.

Disclosure will be anything but business as usual for planet earth.

To obtain to our place in the "galactic neighbourhood" requires us to first lay aside our petty selfishness and base desires.

Essentially, something on the order of World Peace must precede Full Disclosure.

We will inevitably find out just what is in store for us. Or, perhaps, what we are in the store for.

I could go on and on adding snippets from this great piece of 'what if' journalism or you can see the whole story for yourself.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
To be honest if we were ever to hit a critical point which seems to grow closer with more and more "UFO" activity, and identify these UFO lets says as Extraterrestrial Life, human reaction as a whole will much depend on how much we trust our leaders.

If it was to transpire that the governments were "outed" in this moment as having lied to the people for years then I dont hold much hope for the survival of government rule under its current guise.

Really if the government were involved in any kind of technology coverup on their matter it would be in their own best interests to lead the popualtion to the discovery and the understanding of alien life, rather than be viewed as those who tried to hide the truth.

If an alien civilization offered new solutions and new ideas it would contrast starkly with an era of lies and deceit by our own governments and ive a feeling most people would be feeling our governments were of no further use and could no longer be trusted. You would probably find plenty of people happy to see Alien guidance replacing them under those circumstances.

Not many people would trust a leadership which has deceived them for years and could be suggested to have kept all the technology they discovered for profit and the development of secret weapons. Timing will be everything.

In all truth I think now humanity is ready for such a change, I dont see chaos coming from it except from the minority, but overall im sure the idea would be viewed positively if with suspicion at first.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Well, the way I see it (call me lazy) a much anticipated E.T arrival could mean the catalyst for change. I don't see it happening the other way around. Regarding issues such as religious fallout, well, despite evidence and highly suggestive scientific unearthing, religion has survived and people have a tendency to make uncomfortable truths "fit" comfortably within their world-view.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by Oscitate]

[edit on 20-10-2008 by Oscitate]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I am curious as to why many (most?) people believe that the governments actually have any control over when/if disclosure will occur. If an advanced species/civilization wanted to make its presence known, surely they could do so without the sanction of anyone, including government leaders.

If pure altruism is ET's goal, they must know by now that permission from widely untrusted officials is not needed, nor even desirable.

[edit on 10/20/2008 by Shadoefax]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadoefax
[If pure altruism is ET's goal, they must know by now that permission from widely untrusted officials is not needed, nor even desirable.]

That's what I hope, I also hope the extraterrestrial visitors will laugh off any attacks by military weapons, etc, and press on forward in widely exposing their presence...For good or bad.

Hopefully using the MSM to convey their message is not in their plans. I wouldn't trust anything MSM says.

There will be glitches/wrenches in the financial/social machinations but life will get back to normal, but not 'normal' the way TPTB would dearly like it to be.

I hope it happens soon, who cares about people who can't handle ET's, let them have their freak-outs; The trillions made by the world's Elites off the suffering of millions over hundreds of years made useless in a second; And the truth, no matter how wonderful or awful, be brought forth.

Hopefully it will make people stop killing each other over religious trivialities and instead focus on something much larger.

new topics

top topics

join