It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And So It Begins:-"Touched the screen for Barack Obama, the check mark moved to McCain"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB
I work with touchscreens alll day and it does happen. Not defending it. Honestly i think the dems will steal it this time around.

They will steal it by rigging machines to vote for McCain when the person votes for Obama? How does that work? And this time around, as in the last two times around the Reps stole it?

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
When computers vote, nobody votes.

I, as a Ron Paul man, understand that my candidate will not win this election. If McCain wins the election...well I, and a good portion of the country, will be incredibly surprised.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
why is this not being talked about like crazy and why isnt this on the front page of ats?

what has happened to the site i lurked on since 9-11?

america and obama need to start talking loud about this potential voter machine fraud/problem now!

how easily we forget the 2000 florida debacle.

relevant links....

wvgazette.com...
www.wvgazette.com...
www.cnn.com...

does anyone really think this election is close ?
it is so american that we havent solved this voting problem.

peace

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 4N6310

The only real way to get arround this was to request an absentee ballot.
But then you would have to worry about them throwing it in the trash.
Some democracy.

Since this is one thing our country has stood for and is different then what we have been fighting against for so long.
They need to toughen the laws for voter fraud. They need to advertise it with 1 minute commercials and spend the money to let everyone know how serious the issue really is.

[edit on 13/10/08 by Douggie]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Well I guess the mods decided it didnt deserve its own link.....so maybe they'll allow it here for the people that havent seen it.
The movie is called hacking democracy. If you have 80 or so minutes its a real informative documentary about what this thread is talking about:

video.google.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
You got to be smarter than the equipment you are working with.

If the arrow is not in the spot you want it....don't cast the vote!

[edit on 19-10-2008 by RRconservative]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This isnt a whine....but just curious. I have 2 external links leaving this forum. One above and the other for realclearpolitics for the poll results link.
Neither link seems to work.
Is it my system or what?

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
Calibrated shmalibrated, how often does anyone here have to re-calibrate their calculators?
Or telephones, "oops, sorry wrong number, I guess I have to recalibrate my phone."

Weight scales need re-calibration, not touch screens IMO.

Pure vote fraud, they are doing it again!

Except that telephones and calculators are typically not touch screens, and therefore have nothing to do with the touch screen voter machines. The iPhone is a touch screen, guess what. It needs to be recalibrated sometimes. (Google it) The same goes for the Nintendo DS, the touch screen calculators on the market, etc. etc. And includes voter machines, and the touch screen computers I used constantly at my last job. Touch screens require calibration occasionally.

Deny it all you like, but I can safely assume you have never used one for any length of time and thus do not understand the frustration they can cause when they need to be recalibrated.

Ignorance denied.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
My work uses touch screens and they're always off, especially when you want to type something on the left hand of the screen for some reason. Touch screen does have positioning flaws and I don't automatically assume that there's a conspiracy against the letter "A" just because the touch screen makes it hard for me to type it in.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Where is my old friend "CHAD" Hanging Chad, Dimpled Chad, Missing Chad

Sigh here we go again.

Whatever happened to the good old fashion pencil and the old X mark in the box next to the guys name

SHHHEESH

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Yeah, and these machines needed recalibrating also.

www.google.com...:
And these machines too

freepress.org...

And let's not forget that exit polls that have been right since they were first implemented started being wrong when Bush took office.

freepress.org...

Ignorance embraced! Oh, I love thee, o'ignorance. You make life so warm and squishy, though it smells like last night's ramen noodle....I love thee!

[edit on 19-10-2008 by 1011010110]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
why dont we have outside observers for this election?

im almost at my breaking point with all the bs in this world.
i want to give a crap that this election could be tampered with but a part of me just wants to throw in the towel because i feel america deserves what might be in its future.

keep your eyes and ears open about these damn voting machines.
something tells me this election will be in question no matter who wins.

are uncalibrated touch screens going to be the new 'chad' of 2008?

peace

there are no excuses for a result in this election that doesnt match the choice of the american voters.

[edit on 19-10-2008 by elitegamer23]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

I guess they should at least go to 'reg'lar ole' buttons then.
Better yet, use paper ballots.

They should only use what is tried and true if something turns out to be that untrustworthy.

I can't believe Americans allow faulty equipment to choose their destiny.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Does anyone think that Democrat and Republican operatives don't check out these machines beforehand? Or do you think they just take the the machine makers word for it?

Come on......Obama already has an excuse for losing this election...he doesn't need another one.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 1011010110

I'm not quite sure who your post was directed at, but since I was the last to mention calibration I have to ask if it was directed at me.

Also I feel the need to point out that I haven't said it is impossible that the machines recorded the wrong vote on purpose. But I don't believe it's likely that they would code them to do that AND show the voter that their vote has been changed. And yes, machines need calibration especially touch screens. So if your post was directed at me I must ask, what ignorance is being embraced? If it was not directed at me then I apologize for thinking it was.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Where is my old friend "CHAD" Hanging Chad, Dimpled Chad, Missing Chad

Sigh here we go again.

Whatever happened to the good old fashion pencil and the old X mark in the box next to the guys name

SHHHEESH

That is garbage designed to trick the sheeple! It is the same descent into lies when they said they wanted to get rid of M3, change how inflation is calculated by removing energy, food, etc, and all sorts of other exclusions so that now inflation is only 2%, but when you go the grocery store, milk costs more than gas, ground beef is 6 bux (unless you want that toxic crap full of hormones and antibiotics and puss), and the metal value of a copper penny is worth more than the penny itself.

link   
I think you need more cases to point any fingers and say X is happening as a result of fraud. But in my experiences with computers and touchscreens, I've never seen the selection move. It's a program. Once you select something and it registers, it is a done deal. I've never seen it move of its own accord. Now, maybe they thought it moved, but they just misclicked. But it's something to keep an eye on. Votes that actually change from one checkbox to another is very worrisome.

link   
I don't think this particular report is indicative of anything but a general apprehension that the GOP is capable of playing all sorts of dirty tricks with our democratic republic. Whether or not you agree, it's undeniable that a large number of people have serious doubts about the outcome of the 2000 and 2004 elections. It's also undeniable that there were alarming statistical irregularities in both cases, and that the Supreme Court ultimately chose the president in 2000.

For those suggesting Obama and "the dems" are going to steal this election, the reality of the situation is that there's been no modern example of vote fraud perpetrated by Democrats, and as mentioned above, ACORN really doesn't count. It might be an ethical issue or it might not be, but registering voters illegally is not tampering with chads, tampering with programming, discarding votes, falsely flagging people as felons, etc. Those things have happened and consistently to the benefit of the GOP.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Does anyone think that Democrat and Republican operatives don't check out these machines beforehand? Or do you think they just take the the machine makers word for it?

Come on......Obama already has an excuse for losing this election...he doesn't need another one.

do you truly believe this election is close? it may seem that way in your part of kentucky but this election isnt even close.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join