It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Official: Zeitgeist, Peter Joeseph, is out in left field.....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I dont agree with the Zetigeist creator, when it comes to the Utopia he professes.

I agree that Alex is correct when he points out this form of Elitism and New World Order control, going back to Huxley and the other Brave New Worlders.

However, that does not negate the Zeitgeist views. The Idea that money creates an artificial class fracture, and that money creates scarcity.....those are truths.

Now, if we could see that truth, and invent an alternative way to create reality, like alternative monetary systems (Cascadia, etc.)...that is what we need to do.

The facts are the facts. We need to dispose of the current monetary system, but what do we replace it with?

How about a system that has no shortage of money, to begin with? The shortage of money or lack of printing by the Federal Reserve, is one key part of the problem. There is only 7 Trillion of Dollars in the economy, to trade or spend or save, etc.

Money should be tagged or pegged to resources. I'll start another thread to discuss this at length.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
This is sad. Alex Jones will claim that the other guy is using debate tactics and slam him for that, before coming back from break. HOWEVER, when they are exiting to break he mischaracterizes the other guy's argument into a strawman point and then cuts out to break.

What a loser.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
This is how Man was Made...

To Get into it...

Without getting into it, (Debate, Mental Battles) We can never get to the Brass Tax of anybody's Ideas or beliefs.

Once again,
This has been a great discussion. Any man or woman who has their basic beliefs questioned or attacked, will defend his or herself.

So I knew this would go down like this.

But I don't believe it really even matters.

The reason why I like Alex Jones and have supported (worked with) him is because he states, "That it is not me, it is not one man,"

It is in fact, all of us.

We have to have these conversations, because we will be forming this world one day based on all we have learned from todays current events.

This is our world. Never forget that.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
alex is cooling down. he apologised for being mean.
nice.

there is some fusion going on.
nice.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Evil is a very missunderstood thing.

What I will add is that you can't understand any concept in nature, with the possible exception of source, of God, of One, without it's bipolar opposite.

The way I understand good is that anything good somehow relates to the energetic lifesource that permeates everything that is. Anything bad tries to pull away from it. It's a sort of dynamic tension, and it was happened this way (yes, that's how I want to describe it, intentional grammatical twisting) so that the universe could function, could have an animus. Good is order, Bad is chaos, Good is complexity, Bad is entropy, Good is Love, Bad is fear, etc.

So you can never really escape evil. You must see it as the wind in your sails if you are a good person, because evil is what allows you to manifest goodness. And because evil only really exists as a negation of good, it's not really an autonomous force, it's a self destructive negative energy that consumes without directly creating anything. Creation will come from those souls that have correctly identified it and decide to react to it with love.

All this might sound like bull# at first glance, but think about it for a few decades... it sinks in with the added wisdom of personal experiences.

What the creator of Zeitgeist might have been trying to say is along the lines of what I tried to say here. Evil is nothing to be feared, as it is just fear itself.

Peace. Gonna listen to the interview now, the above was an a priori type of personal philosophical consideration.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Yeah it has calmed down and become a pretty good discussion. I can definitely understand where both sides are coming from, however I tend to be more like Jones myself. I get mad as well, I think that is why I enjoy some of his rants cause he is mad and for some strange reason it soothes me. Maybe it makes me feel better knowing that my anger is for whatever reason justified?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
We are all going to have to sit down face to face or on a phone and engage in rhetorical battles.

I have had to do this with family members and friends.

& As things get crazier around the world, people will have to discover each other again and rely on their fellow man to survive.

All we have is each other.

Sidenote-
Joeseph is not giving the devil enough credit. I wonder if he's actually seen the hell that can be brought to someones life in a matter of a split second. The worst things on this earth are spread and created by the worst people on earth

"I am not interested in the New World Order"--Peter Joeseph (Creator of Zeitgest) October 15, 2008

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
What a joker! Jones just ADMITTED that the other dude's ideas are very possible, but now he is arguing that we SHOULDN'T go after that....

Now calling him Big Brother!

He can't just admit that the dude has a point! And he is continuing to mischaracterize his position!

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I'm sick of hearing Jones say he agrees BUT......

Jeeze. One-upsmanship personified.

link   
Or perhaps he sees evil the way I do, as in the case of the elites who are only truly evil humans amongst us, conditioning and a moonie like brainwashing they receive from childhood, and indoctrination into secret "clubs" to traumatize them into splitting off from their conscience. For the rest of us, evil is psychology and trauma. Naturally people are loving and whole until they are seriously hurt in childhood, or by inequality and injustice.
So he's right!

link   
That was a waste of my life.

Not a one liner.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Why do you guys keep sayong that P.J. doesn't beleive in evil? He never said that. If you were listening his point was that it is human conditioning that creates evil human behavior. The conditoning created while living in a world of scarecity is what causes crime. Not evil. Evil is created.

I think that Peter Joseph is an extremely intellegent man with awesome intentions. At least he is attempting to create a solution instead of just bitching about it like Alex Jones. Doesnt he realize that they are on the same side? He doest agree with Peter Josephs philosiphy on religion so he is going to tear down every point PJ tries to make. And being outright insulting and rude to your guest on the air doesn't prove you to be smarter....just a dick.

Shame on you Alex Jones.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Brave

I listened to the interview today and I was pretty bummed out about how Alex handled it. I am not sticking up for anyone and I listen to Jones everyday and think of him as some what of a mentor. Alex did nothing but jump back and forth across the board and interupt and do everything possible to just about silence this guy throught he whole interview. HE LEFT THE DAMN ROLLING STONES PLAYING WHILE THIS GUY TALKED!

I think Alex does great things but you know he needs to start giving others the same concideration that he expects the bastards in the gov to give us!

NOBODY KNOWS EVERYTHING ABOUT ANYTHING!

I love the AJ show but damn today was a complete let down.

Mike

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I am not surprised that Jones came to the conclusion that the Zeitgest philosophy is an intelligent one that could work.

There is no way to stop the government from printing money faster than people can work. If they continue to short change producers through inflation, people will have no choice but to abandone the monetary system.

A paradigm shift may take place. We have the technology to set up a barter economy that rewards people with something meaningful for their work.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I feel like a complete dope for thinking this Alex Jones clown was anything but a hack. He's a HUGE jerk and comes across as a bill oreily type. Alex was afraid that he'd lose his audience, including me, to this guy with some real good ideas that expose him as a stupid nut that won't listen to reason. He just ranted over him every time he didn't agree. (listen to the internet feed replay on jones' site) I am disgusted.

For some insight into Joseph's thought read Beyond Good and Evil by Nietzsche.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by CapsFan8]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
After listening to most of the interview, I have but one thing to say: Alex Jones comes off as a real Jackass on this one. The whole thing felt like two kids were fighting for a girl, the girl being the minds of the awake. It was sad and two steps backwards for the truth and awakening movements. Alex Jones can be a real crappy interviewer, he was harder on Peter Joseph than he was on David Mayer de Rothschild. Somethings messed up in his head.

Peter Joseph is a bit too left brain, for my likeing, if I had the opportunity to meet him I could show him a path which would broaden his horizons somewhat. He seems antispiritual, a materialist, as I once almost was and was wrong for almost being it.
I do think the concept of a resource based technological economy is viable, but the transition from what we have now to what we would have then is very hard, we are too invested in the current status quo. Perhaps over generations a natural evolution to a resource based economy would work? His point about the environment conditioning behaviour is only partially valid, there are many good generous people in a capitalist economy, the problem is the economy selects for dishonesty. He is right the system is broken, capitalism is concentrational, monopolistic and leads to fascism, but the problem is this system. It is a result of free markets, but you can have capped free markets that don't concentrate... The same way I see a resource based economy working I can also see a capitalist based market economy working, but they need checks and balances, both of them. There will always be a criminal minority of bad souls, we will always, regardless of the system, have to deal with that, in this Jones is right, and the system must always be aware of it. Even the most generous of systems will be exploited and turned against the people who use it by bad people, because some people are simply sociopathic. Imo we all have a statistical probability of, between genetics and environment, turning out that way, although some environments, say elitist old money powerbroking families for example, seem to select for it instead of against it.

Between both of these guys is a good sociopolitical movement...

And one more thing, if by chance Alex Jones happens to stumble on this post online: YOU DO NOT PUT YOUR GUEST ON HOLD. HAVE SOME BASIC GOOD MANNERS. AND STOP YELLING, IT MAKES YOU SEEM LIKE AN IDIOT. LIKE I DO NOW.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Peter Joseph is a bit too left brain, for my likeing,

Really? He strikes me as very creative since he pretty much made zeitgeist from scratch. He even did the musical score! Wouldn't surprise me to find out he's left handed even.

I admit I didn't hear the interview, but I think he's probably too creative to be left brained.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
even though he should be thanked for bringing a lot of awful things to the public as a whole..alex jones is in one very important way...a fool.

he claims others are dumbed down..blind and that he knows the truth...and yet he believes in the one thing that is at the top of the whole control mechanism...religion..god and jesus.

he attacks others who claim HE is blind for believing in these things..he attacks others who claim religion is nothing more than exactly that that he is fighting.

he claims that we dont need re-educating..and yet he is..thankfully..re-educating a lot of people as to what is true and what isnt.

he is arrogant...and..ultimately...blind and weak.

as long as he hangs onto his indoctrinated..ancient...ridiculous religious beliefs he will never be able to honestly claim he really knows whats going on.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Here is a link to the full interview. I listened to it last night and I'm now really pissed off at Alex Jones. All he did was badger, interrupt, make little of and shout in his WWF voice. At one stage he gave Peter "the floor" as he called it for about ten minutes but continued to play music in the background while Peter was speaking. I thought that this was the height of ignorance and nearly switched off. Then he started using that stupid little English piss take voice he does to mimic what he thinks a Rothschild sounds like
(if you listen to him a lot you'll know the one) to poke fun at Peter. Alex would also try to twist Peters words into something that he didn't say. Alex also kept going about him (Alex himself) being the king monkey and how everybody was trying to knock him of this throne so to speak. I never really noticed it before but he does go on about himself a lot but then he plays it down and says it doesn't matter to him but i think it does. So Ill sign off and let you listen to it to make up your own mind.
justgetthere.us...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join