It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of questions....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
What are Orphaned Pages/Lonely Pages? And, why are 11 of my articles on there, including two that I did less than 24 hours ago? I didn't abandon them; I promise....

Can we add a couple of categories? I know it is possible for anyone to do (found that out when I misspelled a category for an article), but I didn't want to take it upon myself to do so without permission. Or, can we do that as contributors?

A couple of my recent articles have not had good categories that applied to them. Would it be possible to add categories for Places and Environment or Environmental Issues?

And, what is the difference between Wanted/Requested Pages and Wanted Pages? I've pulled several off list and created/added them, but wouldn't it be better if they were all in one place?

[edit on 10/15/2008 by skeptic1]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I have no clue what the abandoned or lonely pages are. I will look into and see if I can answer you soon. If you would like to add a category, that is fine. You have proven that you really know your way around, and so that is fine. I would just ask that categories remain topical to the theme of tinWiki. Since tinWiki is based on the ATS website, I think an enviornmental category would be fine. There are plenty of conspiracy related topics that also relate to the enviornment. I would just think that we wouldn't want everybody creating categories, for the reasons I just stated.

As far as the wanted and requested pages. The requested pages are pages that members request, by editing the page you have linked to. The wanted page, are internal links that have not been created yet. You may write an article, for example a page on the Chupacabra (I am just using this as an example) and while writing you may use the term "cryptozoology". You might feel that the term cryptozoology deserves its own page on tinWiki, so you create an internal link by typing like this: [[cryptozoology]]. If the page does not exist yet it will turn the word red, indicating a non existant link, and then it also posts that link on the wanted page. Each time the link is created, it will count how many times it appears on the site. So on the wanted page it will read: Cryptozoology (5 links). (As an example).

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by William One Sac

Thanks.

I just didn't want to add anything that I might not be supposed to add, category wise. And, I am curious about the Orphaned Pages page. There are a lot of articles on that page, so I just wondered what the deal was with them.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

top topics

join