It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy in Religion...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Believe it or not conspiracy in religion is happening here on ATS, but it's more of a conspiracy against Christianity.

Seems the mods like to ban people and delete threads that shove any other religion into the lime light, as long as it's Christianity it's ok to bash them.

Why is that justified? Why is the bashing of Christianity allowed so much?
Most mods will snip Christians posts if they get worked up or do name calling or if they post oneliners, but they allow others who are not Christian to post oneliners, call names, post offtopic BS and more.

I believe most of the mods if not all here in CiR are Atheists or people who just hate Christians in general.

And for you people asking for proof, quit wasting my time, you know it's happening, just look in this section or in the religion section of BTS.

Mods, I'm sick and tired of your twofaced hypocracy (most of you on this section of the forum at least).

Mods, you have some explaining to do.

Anyone else notice this as well or am I just too paranoid or crazy(I'm probably crazy, but that's beside the point)?

I would not be surprised if this gets deleted or if I get banned or something, seeing how it does not praise the mods, but instead calls them out on something that I feel a bunch of us know.

-Lahara

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Hi Random .

This time I will have to disagree somewhat with you .
I am a Christian and most of my posts are christian related wouldnt you say?
I have recieved 1000 points 500 each from two different Mods on this board .
From some of my posts that had some of my christian beliefs in the posts ..
So to say that all or even most are Athiests and against Christians I would have to say is not true (at least in my opinion) ..
Who knows ...the mods who gave me those points could have been Athiests even ...

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Is it a conspiracy to cut the seed from the chafe? Lies from the truth? Is looking for the truth a "Conspiracy"?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
Is it a conspiracy to cut the seed from the chafe? Lies from the truth? Is looking for the truth a "Conspiracy"?

Care to elaborate?

Are you saying that all Christians are lying?

Or that the Christian religion is evil?

I think that a great deal of people on here need to research for themselves what Christians are supposed to believe other than what the media says or what Pastors say, because honestly, there are conspiracies in Christianity, just as in any other religion, but Christians get bashed a lot on here, too much honestly, the threads that try and explain what it is that Christians actually are supposed to believe get bashed, locked and ignored.

So what would you like to know?
The truth about Christianity (in that case read the New Testament)?
Or the lies that Zietgiest, Atheism and many others tell about Christianity?

So before you start saying that Christianity is all bunk, research what Christians are supposed to believe and then make your descision.

Also, please don't say "Well Christians say ____ and do the opposite" or "Christians murdered so many blah, blah, blah", tell me are YOU perfect? Do you not make mistakes? Christians are people too, they do bad things some times and guess what people manipulate Christians and there religion for there own selfish purposes, this has been going on for a VERY long time in America!

-Lahara

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Please post some examples of what you are talking about, or at least find another poster who can concur...

I've seen a lot of threads like this come and go... and just as many from the other side that beleives it's views against Christianity that are being censored.

None of them have convinced me of anything yet, other than the OP's insecurities.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

I said in the OP to look around, but of course you know that already, you're just trying to derail/deflect.

It's something I've seen for quite some time here on ATS (I lurked for quite a while), you've seen it too, but you don't like Christians probably (I gather that from reading quite a few of your posts), so your mission is to shift blame, deflect and spread disinfo.

The spin stops here (and no, I don't like or agree with Bill O' Reilly)

[edit to add]

I notice no mods have posted yet. What's the problem? No rebuttals?
Or has this thread not been seen yet by mods?

-Lahara

[edit on 15-10-2008 by TheRandom1]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRandom1

I said in the OP to look around, but of course you know that already, you're just trying to derail/deflect.

It's something I've seen for quite some time here on ATS (I lurked for quite a while), you've seen it too, but you don't like Christians probably (I gather that from reading quite a few of your posts), so your mission is to shift blame, deflect and spread disinfo.

The spin stops here (and no, I don't like or agree with Bill O' Reilly)

-Lahara

Done't be so presumptuous.

If you've honestly read my posts you should have seen that moste of my dislike towards Christians is directed towards the institution or individuals who intentionally distort what the Bible teaches for political or material gain.

And don't make a post in which you claim to present a conspiracy, but then ask the readers to find the proof for themselves. That's bad manners and makes your posting look desperate and inflamatory.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS LOOK AT THE POSTS ON CIR!

Seriously, I had to yell it cause it's too much to ask for some reason.

Seriously, is your backspace key broken?

Do you not know how to go back and look at CiR?

Come on dude, quit trying to derail.

I'll say it again, the spin stops here.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The non-religious are just as passionate as the religious in trying to prove their point. The problem is actually trying to prove or disprove faith based belief systems. There is no proof . . . there is only evidence and how we choose to interpret that evidence. Everyone’s opinion should be welcome as long as the opinion stays focused on the topic of discussion. Bashing of anyone’s belief system should not be tolerated. Many people have no idea how to debate a topic, so they attack the poster or the poster’s belief system. These are the post that I usually skip over, as they contribute nothing to the thread.

A good thread on this topic is www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

Thanks for being so informative, I'll give the post you linked a good look over.

I agree that peoples beliefs should not be bashed, but for some reason the mods allow Christians to take the blows whilst the other people who just make crap up are protected by them, notice how there is no bashing of the Blossom Goodchild bs, they will allow the bashing of Christians, but not the bashing of unfounded beliefs such as Alien Channeling.

Seriously, I was hoping I'd get an explanation from the mods, but it seems they can't come up with a good enough lie to tell me.

Also, when I say mods, I'm not talking about all the mods, just the ones that let this stuff happen.

It seems no body has ever been able to bring up a good case or a reasonable/civil discussion concerning what they think may be a conspiracy in Christianity, all they do is bash and quote zietgiest (which has been debunked over and over again).

-Lahara

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
This is typically where I lurk on the forums and I can't say that I have noticed a conspiracy to bash Christianity. I would be willing to say that there have been just as many posts from non-Christians that are deleted or edited by the mods as there have been from Christians. Regardless of who writes it or what particular flavor of religion they prefer, anyone who makes a personal attack on another poster should have their post edited or deleted. No one comes to this site to be attacked for their beliefs or lack of beliefs, and no one should be subjected to it by other posters here whether the attacker is Christian or not.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Just to make sure I have this right, you're complaining that Christians are being unfairly "ganged up on" by ATS?

But, don't you have God on your team? Talk about an unfair advantage....

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nfotech

Oh geez dude, are you serious?

God is on your side too bro, he's on all of our sides.

So do you have anything actually legitimate or useful to say, or are you going to just try and derail my thread more?

Well, looks like my attempt in trying to make a difference in ATS has failed.

Of course thinking that I could actually hold some people to there claims is sort of a silly idea right?

-Lahara

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRandom1
or are you going to just try and derail my thread more?

Talking about derailing derails more than ignoring attempted derailing.

I think I said that right... Confused myself!

Well, looks like my attempt in trying to make a difference in ATS has failed.

Of course thinking that I could actually hold some people to there claims is sort of a silly idea right?

-Lahara

I wouldn't say this has been a failed attempt at anything, the thread hasn't been up for that long really. Not everyone who comes to this section of the forum has been on since it went up.

What claims are you trying to hold someone to? It's not a silly idea, people should be held accountable enough to at least provide evidence for their claims. However, sometimes people change their minds when presented evidence contrary to their claims.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I move the threads IF....

They're not about a conspiracy (I was about to move this one to complaints) that involves a religion.

They are not about a religious group conspiring against another group.

It's an "OMG! LOOK AT THIS VIDEO!!!" This is not the "watch the video and discuss" forum. I move those to videos.

It's a statement of personal faith or something about why someone should believe a particular religious viewpoint (most often posted by Christians (can't say I remember any pagan ones or any Muslim ones). Those go in Religion (if Christian) or Philosophy (if athiest -- or Christian).

The oldest threads that don't comply but were posted here back in 2005-ish are allowed to stay for the most part.

All this is very clearly outlined in the theme statement for this forum AND in the top pinned posts.

...and no, I didn't respond earlier. I have classes on Wednesday and am not available from about 10 am until 11 pm. I'm not able to hang around the board all the time (between work and class) so I pick things up as I can.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
o.k. these atheists are just ignorant because even if you don't believe in christianity, islam, or judaeism there still is a God. Do y'all actually believe that life is just a flaw in the elements? It seems everyone loves to bash Chritianity but the other religions are harder to believe and when scientists say they know how old the Earth is and how it was made and they know how the universe was made and how old it is. THEY DON'T and anybody who just simply believes what the government and scientists acknowledges as FACT is the truth then you're not very bright

new topics

top topics

join