It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow, Abraham Lincoln Basically Laid it Down, Clear as Day

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Seems like almost every day now I come across a quote from some highly respected person in the U.S. government's history who explained clear as day what is going on and how the international bankers are controlling everything.

"The money powers prey upon the nation in times of peace and conspire against it in times of adversity. It is more despotic than a monarchy, more insolent than autocracy, and more selfish than bureaucracy. It denounces as public enemies, all who question its methods or throw light upon its crimes. I have two great enemies, the Southern Army in front of me and the Bankers in the rear. Of the two, the one at my rear is my greatest foe.. corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money powers of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until the wealth is aggregated in the hands of a few, and the Republic is destroyed.”

Abraham Lincoln

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
You know, it is strange how the leaders of a hundred or so years ago had so much insight. It was almost like they could "see" a freight train headed in our, at lest then, distant future.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
You know, it is strange how the leaders of a hundred or so years ago had so much insight. It was almost like they could "see" a freight train headed in our, at lest then, distant future.

Yea, it is definitely very scary. There are so many great quotes like this too, from great Americans in our history. I guess we could just keep adding them to this thread, I'll try to find some more good ones.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by Diplomat]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
"The real menace of our Republic is the invisible government which like a giant octopus sprawls its slimy legs over our cities, states and nation. At the head is a small group of banking houses... This little coterie...run our government for their own selfish ends. It operates under cover of a self-created screen...seizes...our executive officers...legislative bodies... schools... courts... newspapers and every agency created for the public protection.”

John Hylan - Mayor of New York City 1918-1925

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Abraham Lincoln calling someone else "despotic"? Wow. That's the pot calling the kettle black if I ever heard it.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

It is ironic that the positions of our Fore Fathers are in such drastic contrast to our current system, yet so many deem anti-government talk to be un-patriotic

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
"History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."

- James Madison

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Uhm, you are all aware that Lincoln was one of the main contenders against personal property rights, right? He was anti constitutional and helped to get us on the right path to the monetary control we are all under now.

When will people learn that the words of a politician are only indicative of his/her character when the words are not thought of as words of wisdom for others but rather a revealing of the ugly truth concerning that particular politician?

TRUST ME!! go study Lincoln's role and perspective of the civil war and you *should* feel most inclined to kick your own arse for commending him

Also will make the previous poster's words "pot calling the kettle black" understandable.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Well in all fairness I personally used the ambiguous 'fore fathers'.

In my head I was thinking Thomas Jefferson

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat "History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance." - James Madison

And Lincoln is GREAT evidence of this fact. REMEMBER, when a politician is speaking what we perceive to be wise, it is REALLY them airing out their dirty laundry... the only times this is NOT true is when their prior service PROVES consistently the opposite. Actions, not words.

Lincoln's actions actually prove Madison correct

link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
"The real menace of our Republic is the invisible government which like a giant octopus sprawls its slimy legs over our cities, states and nation...."

Like the beginning of War of the Worlds when Scientology grips the planet or in Maximum Overdrive when maximum and overdrive really kick in it...and there is that machine gun or something.

link   

Originally posted by justamomma
Uhm, you are all aware that Lincoln was one of the main contenders against personal property rights, right? He was anti constitutional and helped to get us on the right path to the monetary control we are all under now.

Are you sure? I have been reading a lot lately about Lincoln being against the bankers and them killing him as a result.

I found this earlier today:

1861: President Abraham Lincoln (16th President of the United States from 1860 till his assassination in 1865) approaches the Rothschilds to try to obtain loans to support the ongoing American civil war.

The Rothschilds agree provided Lincoln allows them a Charter for another United States central bank and are prepared to pay 24% to 36% interest on all monies loaned.

Lincoln was very angry about this high level of interest and so he printed his own debt free money and informed the public that this was now legal tender for both public and private debts.

1862: By April $449,338,902 worth of Lincoln’s debt free money had been printed and distributed. He went on to state,

“We gave the people of this republic the greatest blessing they ever had, their own paper money to pay their own debts.”

1865: In a statement to Congress, President Abraham Lincoln states,

“I have two great enemies, the Southern Army in front of me, and the financial institution in the rear. Of the two, the one in my rear is my greatest foe.”

Later that year President Lincoln is assassinated.

www.lookingglassnews.org...

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

haha. No need to clarify. It is obvious that Lincoln was not only NOT a forefather, but was in fact against the principles set down by the forefathers. He is a MAJOR blemish on the history of this country.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

Uhm, please re-read what you quoted. He was not against funding the civil war and that in itself is corrupt if you know THE REAL reason the civil war came about. YOu actually just PROVED his corruptness. MY GAWD!!! I had no idea he went to THEM to fund his corrupt war.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
OP great quote, thanks for sharing it. I would like to pass it along to my father, would you mind supplying the source of the reference so I can pass that along as well? Thanks much!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
"A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men."

Woodrow Wilson - U.S. President 1913-1921, signed the Federal Reserve Act of 1913

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Or.. banks were the same then as they were now, thus he understood it. So it's not a big shock.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masisoar You know, it is strange how the leaders of a hundred or so years ago had so much insight. It was almost like they could "see" a freight train headed in our, at lest then, distant future.

(posted by the poster above me
) Or.. banks were the same then as they were now, thus he understood it. So it's not a big shock.

I am not sure how this is being looked upon as some great insight that would one day save us when the current monetary system based on.... err, paper, is the reason that we are in this "crisis" we are in. Funny the players behind the scenes are the same and that the politicians then made it sound like "their" ideas (which most likely were NOT their ideas) were the saving grace.. and yet have been the chains that have bound us all as slaves to the system.

Brains... we have them for a reason. If you use it to *think* maybe you will see how the OP proved that Abraham Lincoln is more of a key proponent in this game of enslaving the ignorant people than even I was aware of prior to this thread.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Dont come to central illinois with that type of rhetoric lol jk

Maybe it was guilt, maybe it wasnt.
Its still a great quote and true.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
"The regional Federal Reserve banks are not government agencies. ...but are independent, privately owned and locally controlled corporations."

- Lewis vs. United States, 680 F. 2d 1239 9th Circuit 1982

"It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."

Henry Ford

<<   2 >>

join