It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Singapore military aiming for Idaho air space

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

The Republic of Singapore's newest air force base will be 80 miles west of Twin Falls. In October, the Mountain Home Air Force Base will welcome the initial elements of a 10-jet Singaporean training squadron under terms of a 5- to 20-year deal that will bring hundreds of Singaporean military personnel and their families to southern Idaho. "It's more than a possibility," said Mayor Tom Rist, responding to a base spokesman who cautioned against assuming the deal will happen. "It's coming." The Singaporean military currently has two detachments at other U.S. air bases, but this will be its first long-term residency in North America, according to the Ministry of Defense Singapore's Web site. The environmental impact of the 10 - and perhaps as many as 20 - Singaporean F-15SG fighters whizzing through the skies should be relatively small, according to an environ-mental impact statement published last year.
www.magicvalley.com...

i only found this article today in the Times-News. it seems to me there is a lot of troop movement on US soil. october of all months...................doesn't feel right

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
we have the republic of singapore at 3 bases in the us and the 3rd arriving this month and no one is remotely interested. it has been my experience ats'ers would be on this like stink on S _ _ T or white on rice.

who cares! let's open up our airspace for China, Russian and Iran! who cares!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
does this not concern anyone on ats? is this thread being burried......prolly.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Well, I care! I think the whole "globalization" thing has gotten way out of hand! Our leaders are doing some crazy things these days. I kind of think we owe LOTS of money to more countries than just China, and we have no choice now.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
It's a non-event. Many countries fly out of US bases in the US doing training. The main Dutch F-16 pilot training center is Luke AFB Arizona. They have a couple of dozen F-16s that are owned by the Dutch flying out of there, and their pilots flying in US aircraft. Many of them aren't even able to buy beer, but they are certified F-16 pilots. It's common for other militaries to train with the US, even to operate out of US bases.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by musselwhite

Clearly the issue is that you have not assigned a date in which they take over. Find a web site, or better yet pick a day from the webbot where a spike occurs and declare that to be the day they will take us over.

i.e. October 23rd.!!!! is this the day foreign troops in our homeland are told to engage us?

Bingo then you have athread.

As far as the concern, we may not see or hear it much but to me it's normal. When i was in the USAF we worked in the U.S. with the singapore Air Force. They were cool, always brought cases of good beer to drink with us.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
You talk about "all these troop movements in October", well you must not have read your article very well. Your own article says that the first F-15SG will arrive in Mountain Home in April of 2009. So they won't even be coming until next year.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
The main Dutch F-16 pilot training center is Luke AFB Arizona.

The Germans have been doing flying training at Luke for freakin' years, too! I think that they were learning to fly the F-86 out there in the late 1950's, early 1960's.

I agree with you; this is a non-event.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

The first RSAF personnel, responsible for general set-up operations, will arrive in October.
www.magicvalley.com...

pappy bush said

President George Bush in a speech to Congress on SEPTEMBER 11, (9/11) 1990, SAID THIS: "[The war in Iraq is] a rare opportunity to move toward an historic period of cooperation. Out of these troubled times...a New World Order can emerge." In his September 21, 1992 speech to the United Nations, President George Bush announced that foreign troops, would occupy America and train for a New World Order Army. He stated: "Nations should develop and train military units for possible U.N. peacekeeping operations. ... If multinational units are to work together, they must train together. ... Effective multinational action will also require coordinated command & control and inter-operability of both equipment and communications."
www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

i believe in planning, preparing and positioning. it may very well be a "non event" at present. i believe the planning and preparing has already taken place and the timing of the positioning is now.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Singapore also has training squads in Australia as well:
The 126 Squadron, Oakey Airbase, Queensland and the 130 Squadron, Pearce Airbase, Western Australia.

Source

[edit on 9-10-2008 by Chadwickus]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

take a look see at this map of "commanders area of responsibility"

so, we have a map which indicates to me a lot of planning and preparation went into this and the only thing left is "positioning" - compelling to say the least.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by musselwhite

And do you know how many troops that involves? A handful. They will be maintenance personnel and pilots coming to learn the flight rules for the base, and the surrounding area, meet the maintenance troops they'll be working with, get trained in how supply works in the USAF, etc. Then they fly back to Singapore and brief their own troops. It's a preplanning session, that's all.

As for your second quote, multinational forces have been training together for DECADES. We even have been training with our "enemies". RIMPAC is held every two years, and has been since AT LEAST the 1970s, and involves over a dozen nations. Other countries have been coming to the US to train since the 1950s, and even have had permanent bases set up on US bases for training purposes.

As for the "positioning", what positioning? That map shows US MILITARY COMMAND AOs. It has nothing to do with foreign troops.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

thanks for the info. i had no idea foreign troops have been training on us soil for decades. thanks to the internet the merging of military forces not only within the us but globally has become a fascination of mine.............actually, the military has always been a fascination since i was a young playing the game of RISK.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Every time Luke AFB came through for an exercise, there were always several F-16s that were painted like the USAF birds, but they had Dutch flags painted on the intake, or somewhere on the fuselage. About half of them were Dutch.

India recently brough SU-30MKIs to Nellis AFB for Red Flag to train. A lot of militaries like to come to Red Flag, because pilots say that after Red Flag, combat is easy.

Red Flag has had the Brits, Germans, Dutch, Italians, Japanese, Indians all there to train.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Consider the size of the countries involved.

Consider the speed of an F-16 with the throttle set at "I love this job".

An F-16 could cross all of the airspace of Holland in about 10 minutes. Singapore, 2 minutes.

Wide open skies, no political impact if you fly 10 yards too far. Makes perfect sense.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The US sells advanced military hardware to Saudi Arabia.

A few friendly singaporeans on US soil is hardly of concern compared to the broader threats!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

it is the little things that will snare us. yes, we have border problems, we've got executive branch problems, we've got a bought congress and the rich little kids on wall street are screwing us, we have economical problems because we, the american people never checked on what is going on w/in our government for the past 40 years and now we are headed for the north american union.

we as a people shoud look over the shoulders of those that rule because now we are in such a f- - - ing mess the forest cannot be seen for the trees. look at the whole picture.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Well, Ms. Musslewhite, who do you think they're going to get to spread the chemtrails and spread the Modified Bird flu to kill millions......An American wouldn't do this to his fellow Americans even if FDR was a traitor as are most of our presidents except for JFK. Oh, he was shot wasn't he. Forgot. /sarc. Bush, Clnton, Bush JR and now Obama are in fact traitors to this country and to God. Bush is no more born again than Charles Manson.

Bush is not a born again.
www.youtube.com...

Billy Graham, Robert Shueller, Joel Osteen, Copeland, Hagee, Benny Hinn, and many more.......are falling away to the New Age Satanic religion.....very skillfully by their own quotes.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Not sure what the big deal is. Im currently at a base that has many foreign military stationed here. And been this way for looooooooong time. As is this way at other bases too. We have a bunch of Aussies and Germans here and some other countries

My previous base has foreigners there all year long (for Red Flag and other exercises).

I guess people who are not familiar with the military world would not understand, but really, I dont believe this is a real issue

[edit on 11/21/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I'm a former Marine, 12 years. I know about the NWO and their plans to bring our country into the North American Union. Its already signed and a done deal. NAFTA thanks to the role of Clinton to get this one the road. He was also tasked with the invasion of Bosnia to Kosovo based on fabricated lies. I lived in Kosovo for 5 years and there were no mass graves. We lied........

Our country is set up for martial law and every single president has been used willingly to set us up for a dictatorship. It has been planned in phases right under our noses. I have the evidence that is irrefutable and a timeline going back further than you want to know. There is a very evil plan to use foreign military, Blackwater and as a civilian security force the 'guardian Angels" red berets to take over. They are going to kill millions when the once again orchestrate the next depression as they did in 1929. The military coup planned between 1933 to 1934 failed, as did the one planned in 1960 to 1963, thanks to JFK and the third one in 1972 because the planning group with Nixon on board, decided it wasn't such a good idea assassinating Agnew on Sept 1972 at the republican convention and establishing Martial law...why? Americans had too many weapons. So, the Trilateral Commission was formed in 1973 thanks to the workmanship of Zeg. Brzezinski [advisor to Obama today], set up the plans for the dictatorship that is planned now. In the 1990's there was a questionaire given out to our troops asking questions of which one series asked "would you fire on American citizens".....it was for the most part a no....unless. So, this problem was looked at through orchested shootings in schools, gun control and bringing in foreign troops to handle this......

True story and the ending is coming soon.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join