It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe shares plunge in early trade as banks slide

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Europe shares plunge in early trade as banks slide

www.reuters.com

LONDON, Oct 8 (Reuters) - European shares tumbled 4 percent in early trade on Wednesday, led lower by banks, as investors across the globe dumped shares amid mounting jitters about the financial system and a deep recession.

At 0721 GMT, the FTSEurofirst 300 index of top European shares was down 4.1 percent at 962.47 points after hitting a four-year low of 959.60.

The index has already lost about 11 percent this week, on track to record its worst weekly performance since mid-2002.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
WOE! This is getting scary!

The worlds markets are being systematicly brought down one after the other! This truely is an absolutely fascinating time to be alive. So many people are utterly confused as to what is going on.

Well in my opinion the very time that we are in RIGHT now has been planned for many years. They are bringing down each countries economies one by one..this is not merely a recession.. this is a co-ordinated collapse of the entire global economy in order to bring in the solution:

A ONE WORLD CURRENCY.. cashless.. microchipped population.. forget the Amero... thats just a rumour. Forget the Euro, that is going to collapse too. The economy is being purposely brought down and will gather momentum like a snowball effect. But we haven't experienced nothing yet... like a women having labour contractions, things will get steadily worse and worse before this new global currency is born..

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
FTSE, DAX & CAC are all down in the 7-8% range...approaching circuit breaker levels if they keep going at this rate.

This is NOT good.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by anachryon

what are the circuit breaker levels ?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by savetimerushonline

I think its somthing like 15%?
Somone correct me if i'm wrong

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   

10% drop, if I'm not mistaken. I know that's the cutoff in the US and I believe that's used in most major markets. If stocks drop 10% +, trading is suspended for anywhere from an hour to the rest of the day, possibly for several days if the situation is bad enough.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Unfortunately,this has been coming for quite awhile and is just the beginning.

This is the end of an era.

Nostradamus has nothing on the Bible---good time to look into it. Act as a lamb,but beware the snakes.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   

i believe we are on the verge of World War 3... we are in the closing weeks, if not days..

if not hours.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Germany's DAX is down just about 9%.
FTSE (London) and CAC (France) aren't far behind.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Lol
I love how we cant have a thread about the downturn in the markets without World War 3 and the Freaking Rapture being said in less than one page
Way to go

/Rant

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE

things are getting bad dude... really bad..

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   

and notice how americas bailout hasn't worked... and now Britian has announced a bail out plan, and it too is failing to quell the European markets! Like dominos now..

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   

5 year lows you say?
So what happend 5 years ago, Did the rapture happen? Did world war 3 happen?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE

Precisely, they're not going to be able to afford the shiny red buttons to launch the nukes, so why worry about WWIII.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Is it really possible that this is all a planned collapse of the world economies?

I find it difficult to believe that this is part of some agenda for a one world currency, however, it is entirely possible.

I mean, what do you think will happen? The world markets fall 10% today, get suspended, re-open the next day and fall 10% again......and so on until trading is suspended across the globe.

There is mass unemployment, currencies are worthless.........

What then? Is this really a scenario that world governments will let happen? Surely in this type of situation, the world governments would lose all power over the people, thus become worthless.....
..unless that is what is supposed to happen??

Or maybe, this is a massive correction in the world markets to fix years of greed.
It is entirely more likely that the markets will hit a point, stabilize, and begin the long road of recovery...

I don't pretend to know much about the markets, and what goes on, but I do know that I am more than a little concerned.

for now, batten down the hatches, as we are just entering the storm.....

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE

5 year lows you say?

there is no such thing as the rapture... it a gross misinterpretation of scripture. when Jesus comes, the whole world, at the END of the WORLD, will witness it. It's not some secret rapture. Christians should be prepared to go through this final tribulation period. Pastors who teach that we will be whisked away before God unleashes His judgement on an unrepentant humanity, are FALSE PROPHETS, and are mis leading their flock.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE

5 year lows you say?

Nope but the governments didn't pump billions of tax payers money into the system either!

Now they're talking a global cut in interest rates tomorrow. What will they try after that?

EU markets are already down 7 to 8% this morning and the UK bailout doesn't seem to be helping bank shares.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Universal Light

Keep in mind that the Yahoo Finance site, along with most other aggregate market sites, have a 15-20 minute delay. Not a big deal, but just something to keep in mind.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Yeah, not so much worried about the delay as seeing everything together in one shot.

Dow futures currently down 281

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join