It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Fakes Reports From Space

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

China Fakes Reports From Space

www.telegraph.co.uk

The Xinhua agency, which has sometimes been accused of carrying state propaganda, took down the story and blamed it on a "technical error".

The article described the Shenzhou VII space craft orbiting the Earth and outlined a conversation between the astronauts.

"First-level measurment arrangement," said one taikonaut - the Chinese word for astronaut.

The article later described the reaction to a successful outcome of the mission.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Uh-Oh, whoops! haha

Looks like MSM propaganda and kool-aid extends its reach all over the planet!

Now why do you suppose they would need to do such a thing? Perhaps their space program isn't quite as evolved as they're claiming?

Is there a modern day "space race", like we had with the russians back in the 60's, complete with propaganda and false claims?

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-9-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Well, if they are faking it, they're better at it than the Americans were in the 60's on the moon:

news.bbc.co.uk...

They even have a live broadcast of the space walk. Looks pretty real to me.

Also, taikonaut isn't the "Chinese" word for astronaut. The actual Chinese word is yǔhángyuán. Taikonaut is some term coined by Western media.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Who knows

All I can say is, when I caught the alleged space-walk tonight on the tv news, I spontaneously laughed ... because it looked SO fake I couldn't believe it. Naturally, it brought back memories of all the controversy over the US space-walk so long ago. But I don't think that influenced my spontaneous laughter. I was cooking at the time and just happened to look up as the Chinese news report was airing. Hadn't given the remotest thought to it, nor had it even occurred to me it would be fake, prior to seeing the news report.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I would call total bull IF I didn't know that so much of the Olympics had been faked, so it makes me wonder...

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Even wikipedia records some fakery surrounding them.

Following the questionable landings of both Shenzhou 2 and Shenzhou 5, an unofficial controversy was started after diffusion of official images of the upper part of the capsule presenting a large and mysterious 20 cm diameter hole.
en.wikipedia.org...

20cm hole in the roof of a spacecraft?

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Interestinggg

Interesting indeed !

I hadn't heard about that

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Yeah. Just saw the videos of this on BBC network. At the end of the 1:00 minute snippet, the guy obviously looks suspended from wires.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
How could they know, exactly what the astronauts would say, 2 hours later in space?
It would have to be a script.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
So let me get this straight....
Some of you are saying that China faked this mission? The same China that makes everything and what it doesn't make it steals? You think that China is 40 years behind us in technology? or is it that you think we "faked" all of our space ventures? Are some of you the same people that think because an Astronaut came out about seeing ufo's that he has to be telling the truth, but in the same breath say that they took part in the greatest modern day fraud?
I'm confused.
This kind of thinking is exactly why the political process in the United States is so messed up. One wrong word out of a candidates mouth and they are "lying" saying anything more than once but using different language then they are "flip flopping" on an issue and man oh man if some candidate rethinks an issue after getting more information and then changes his mind??? He is then "clueless" or "pandering"

The Olympics faked???? Because they used a cute girl for the picture while an ugly one sang? Is that the big fake? the big fraud? Did Phelps fake his victories? Even if the Chinese put a dude on wires to get the best photo's possible doesn't mean that it didn't happen. Would you feel better if they said..."this is a re-creation of real events"
...alas, this is a conspiricy site so I guess I should expect there to be one found in every single event or issue.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I know someone personally, who works for USAF Space Command and who sits behind a wall of monitors all day long....and well, monitors "things"

Anyways, he told me yesterday, because we were discussing this very topic, that as of yesterday - Friday - China has NOT launched anything recently. He would know, as part of his job.

Now grant it, I can not provide any proof....but there are respected people here who know me, and can probably vouch me and my resource.

So, I guess you can take this for what its worth to you

With that said. Based on what I know, and am reading here. I do not believe they are up in space right now

[edit on 9/27/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

Sounds like a lot of leading-questions

As you seem to have very firm opinions about what you opine others may be thinking .. why not tell us what YOU think. And then we'll be able to advise if we were thinking that or not.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I gave you a star.
They were leading questions but not because I have some firm convictions but more or less it was to call out those that seem to be infering something but not commiting to saying it.
...of course now we have a poster that has stated that China hasn't even launched anything. He was clear and not pussy footing around.

I wanted to pull the poster out who said, "the olympics were faked" to explain without me ignorantly claiming that they weren't, other than the silly singer thing.

They in fact were very leading questions and rather than attack what I believe to be some irrational beliefs without really knowing the foundations for them, leading questions seemed to be the least controversial way of doing it.

So you got me. I don't believe our space program was a hoax. No way in hell did we fake the moon landing. (I'm all for photo ops or photos prepared so if our guys died on the moon we could still have some photos to show victory) but it is so insulting to all of the brilliant minds and efforts of those people back in the 50's and 60's to say it was a hoax.
Next your going to tell me that Star Trek was a hoax. What reason would I then have to believe that humanity can be anything more than a bunch of retarded waring animals.
....yeah, that is funny but think about it, why would you want to work so hard to think that NASA and the Apollo missions were just some hollywood hoax. Do some people really prefer a view of humanity that isn't worth waking up in the morning to improve?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

Dude, the USA space program was TOTALLY faked. Pretty much everything in the USA is TOTALLY faked. When you find anything in the USA that you know... IS real, be sure and let me know.

It's supremely unfortunate that the Red Chinese space program doesn't have any honor either.

I guess I've got to go see these videos and see how phony they are.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Nothing to see here, move along, move along...

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

You personally blow the chinese space mission (and program?) out of the sky and no one has the cojones to even respond.

Deny ignorance, anyone?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Yea...because...you know, its not like there's a big technology difference between now and the 60s.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
Nothing to see here, move along, move along...

The one on the left looks like an evil robot.

So China faked the space mission, why?
Why would China care about going to space? There's absolutly nothing to do up there other than float around.

If China faked the space walk thing, then do you think that all space walks could be faked? If you think about it, would'nt people explode/implode because of those seriously flemsy, crappy, plastic, aluminum, foam suits?

I don't know, I wouldn't put it past China to fake stuff, just think aobut all the stuff we've faked.

-Jimmy

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
We have two threads concerning the Chinese space walk, one reporting a flag that looked fake right at the start of the post, the second stating about an article prepared a day before but was describing events that would unfold the next day, to be made more realistic it included a sentence from an astronaut probably describing a routine check.

Yes that last event showed us that China even letting you see something might not actually showing you all there is. WE DO BELIEVE THAT A COVERUP EXISTS considering space in general! Aren't we here in ATS?

Has anyone deliberately made the news piece to come a day earlier to show us a hint? Some scientists in space programs in general are known of rebelling once in a while talking about wild things and such.

Whatever news other media were running about the Chinese space walk during that time, for stroking the egos of the citizens of other unfortunate nations, which can't "get it up" properly anymore ..considering space that is, the real issue is that one more nation has reached space, these ones number a billion and a half in souls, the other one, which started the space race has better equipment, I am sure people of the US feel they are being left behind considering space. Yes these words may hurt but sooner or later, they'll start to be heard more often.

Other nations are able of going up to space and might even do a better job. Consider the following, that they are nations mostly from non multicultural multiethnic, multirace societies, and any "globalization" paradigms won't apply to them. Surprisingly they didn't have to follow what advocates of a multicultural society preached, for them to be prosperous.

They defy the very Globalization Agenda!

What is our dumped down western civilization is going to do about it? Just ignore it? Swallow silly news pieces designed to make you miss the entire point by stroking your ego with what you wanted to hear instead of what is really happening?

Pathetic..

[edit on 28-9-2008 by spacebot]

reply to post by centurion1211

I was a bout to answer to it, but then again, why should someone take his time to answer a post claiming that "a friend, was told by a friend that told me so..."?

Oh BTW, you can't fake space vehicles in to space as to be felt by radars. If there was any reality in the claim that NORAD didn't "feel" anything about the Chinese space walk, then it would be all over the western freaking news, wouldn't it?
Yeah, think about it...

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by spacebot

I'm not quite sure what you're saying here

Are you suggesting that the US is 'jealous' of China's new technology and capabilities ?

Such a point might be considered valid by some.

Next, you appear to be saying that multiculturalism 'weakens' nations.

If so, once again, many might consider such a claim to be valid.

You mention China's population: in excess of a billion.
Are you implying that larger population equates to supremacy, in whatever field ?

If so, not sure too many would necessarily agree with you.

And finally, are you implying that the US released the Chinese astronaut 'interview' early in order to imply fakery, when in fact it simply made more sense to interview them prior to lift-off and no fakery was intended ? Are you implying the early release of the 'interview' within Western media was the result of sour-grapes on the part of the US ? Hey, you could be correct.

Regardless, the alleged 'space walk' footage appeared, to me, to be ridiculously fake looking.

I don't believe the US is 'jealous' of any Chinese technological supremacy.
The reverse, in fact. I believe the US has done a deal with China .. and assisted in the fake-looking Space Walk footage along with promoting (via Western media) China as a first-world nation 'reaching for the stars'. I think the US PTB are desperate to get China on-side and let's face it, the Chinese PTB are notoriously conceited and desperate to appear to be 'big shots', Western style. It won't harm them if all their millions of hand-to-mouth peasants believe China has 'made it'.

I see China as desperately attempting to prove it can run before it can walk. You appear to regard that billion-plus population as a positive. When in fact, that massive population could also be seen as a ball and chain.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join