It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: Greenspan, Bernanke Should Be Criminally Charged!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I don't think they should be criminally charged, they were just doing their job, you can agree with it or not, but they are mandated by congress, criminally charging them would be just as against the law as the actual Fed. I say just charge Congress, and most of the people in the executive branch if you are going to charge anyone. Charging Bernanke and Greenspan is the equivalent to charging a soldier for killing the enemy...when he was ordered to do so. He was following orders. Bernanke held rates as high as he could, for as long as he could...Greenspan is far far less innocent than Bernanke, he kept rates at 1% and created this bubble. Bernanke adopted a bad hand, and his initial actions were the raising of rates (which btw did not help the dollar's value.) Frankly I find the Bernanke is rather innocent in this matter, the Fed sets a target rate, they can't literally set an interest rate on anything other than the Discount window...and currently the market rate is actually LOWER than the Fed's target rate. I love Ron Paul, but his Austrian economics sometimes, I think blinds him from stuff like Chicago School...or the crimes of his colleagues. The Fed and Treasury can't pass these laws...it has to go through Congress.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Hmm, that "sugar for the flies" stuff has really got me thinking now. I'm kind of glad I never sent Ron Paul money because I don't want to be on some kind of "dissenter list."

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven
RP knows what happens to Presidents who make enemies with the FED.

At this point in the game he is better off alive with a voice in the big game then dead and the subject of a few CT books.

I was saying almost the exact same thing tonight to my wife before I had even seen this thread. I've finally brought her over from the dark side, were both writing in Ron Paul this election. =)

During the debates, before he was not allowed, he was winning the debates by a large margin. I was thinking either he'd be knocked off or there would be a total media blackout against him. I guess it was the higher ups way of being nice. He is alive and still kicking, thank God for that.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
Hmm, that "sugar for the flies" stuff has really got me thinking now. I'm kind of glad I never sent Ron Paul money because I don't want to be on some kind of "dissenter list."

I'd rather be a dissenter sir then bend over and watch my country go down the drain! The last thing we need in times such as these are citizens whimpering in the corner being afraid of the big bad government. In a healthy democracy it should be the other way around. I guess, sadly it really is true that the government really seems to reflect the masses.

If you want your vote to count for anything American, vote Ron Paul!

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I'd almost surely vote for Kucinich or Ron Paul if either of them had a chance. But they just don't. All it would do is take a vote away from Obama (who is, IMO, the better of the two.... though McCain wasn't so bad until he picked Palin) And the only bad thing about Kucinich is that he wants to ban handguns.

I'm not sure a two party system is so great though. The other parties don't really stand a chance against them. It just... kinda doesn't seem fair.

Anyway, I'm not sure if they should be charged. They were doing their jobs. I think the answer is somewhere else. This bailout plan should have probably bailed out the people in debt rather than the large companies. Of course that wouldn't happen though.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by GrayFox]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Am I the only one who sees through this guy? Ron Paul has the ATS conspiracy theory crowd wrapped around his little politician finger. He has found a market of people and tells them what they want to hear, that is what politicians do.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by hannamtong

That's all fine and dandy if you believe he's solely pandering to us "conspiracy-nuts", but have you actually checked his voting record? He doesn't just talk the talk, often times he is literally ALONE when voting against many of the special-interest agendas.

Not saying he's completely perfect, but he's a HECK of lot better than 99% of the other sell-outs we have in Washington. I would definitely trust his word over 99% of the pathological liars there.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by hannamtong
Am I the only one who sees through this guy? Ron Paul has the ATS conspiracy theory crowd wrapped around his little politician finger. He has found a market of people and tells them what they want to hear, that is what politicians do.

If Ron Paul hadnt been calling this happening for 5 years at least and Peter Schiff for 5 years then maybe I would agree with what you have to say. The fact is RP isnt wrong on a whole lot of stuff if you look on youtube and look at warnings from him. He says the TRUTH and that is why we are wrapped around his finger.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Throw them in prison! Abolish the Federal Reserve. Abolish the IRS! They are evil, they are owned by the world banks. Soon there will only be the banks owned by the World Banks. Here comes NWO, phase 2. Phase 1 was 9/11 inside job and the "war on terror"!. Next it will be terror of extraterrestrials and WW3.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Do not bail out the evil empire! It just throws more debt on us, our children, our grandchildren and so on and so on.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I was impressed with Ron Paul's voting record and willingness to stand-up to the establishment, but the more I hear the more I'm convinced he is a pathological liar like the rest of them. I know that is an emotional response, but I have to go with my gut.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by hannamtong

On what, though? Can you be specific? I know not everyone likes the guy, but I personally haven't seen him caught in a lie yet...Do you have any links or info on where he has lied? I would be interested to see it.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy

Here it is....

[edit: fixed video code]

[edit on 26-9-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

That looked more like a nervous twitch to me.

If it was a wink, it was a patronizing one...everyone patronizes the crazy-sounding guy...even when they know he's right.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by theyareoutthere
Do not bail out the evil empire! It just throws more debt on us, our children, our grandchildren and so on and so on.

Debit is only that which you accept and allow on your being.

There is no debt...there is no money, no control no nothing....

There is only YOU standing there in your birthday suit...

Now are you going to get that job to buy that TV to watch that add to buy your BMW?

Then you are under control.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by DisabledVet]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mecheng

Me too. I don't get why RP doesn't go independent.

The problem is that he would have no chance of getting on the ballot of all 50 states. The election system is so rigged in favor of the two-party system, that it is very hard to get on the ballots. It requires years of advance work, getting petitions, etc. In addition, the MSM would probably not let him in the debates, they would ignore his campaign and marginalize him. Without coverage, he would have no chance of winning. It's a sad commentary of our political system that the most qualified person cannot run for president on a third party ticket, and have any chance of winning.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
"They" already have the power. Ron Paul is getting crazier every day. The angry little elf sure does like the nuts like us though.
We are his only real base. The extreme middle and the conspiracy folk.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I've said several times already ever since I read/saw what Ron Paul had to say. You the Americian would be stupid if this guy isn't Voted in by you the sheeple. I guess I had far to much confidence in your intellect. You deserve the NWO elite selection to take your country into the final stage of their plan.

Don't come back on here and say, "We didn't have a choice"!

[edit on 28-9-2008 by mlmijyd]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
"They" already have the power. Ron Paul is getting crazier every day. The angry little elf sure does like the nuts like us though.
We are his only real base. The extreme middle and the conspiracy folk.

I'd rather be a nut laughed at by the huddled masses of sheeple, then standing around eating what they serve me having all my wool shaved off every April 14th.

Nope not me. I'm not afraid, and fear is their biggest tool.

History forgets those that do as their told.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

this video shows exactly that he is ´voteable´..because he is winning.

and thats the reason all the other candidates look so...small..
the difference of truth is HUGE.

and thats the reason he is getting banned by the mass media.
thats fraud alrady IMO.

dont know , McCain looks like a Zombie or clone..dunno..

[edit on 28-9-2008 by anti72]

<< 1  2    4 >>

join