It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Double stars ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Hi i have a question that i hope somebody knows the answer to. For the past couple of days i have noticed that ocassionally when i give somebody a star they actually receive two stars. At first i thought i was mistaken, but this morning i saw it again the person had one star and when i starred their post they had three.

Could it be that someone else is starring the post at the exact same time as i am, or is it a glich in the system ?

I've never noticed this before and am just curious as to why it's happening now.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Wow. Not more than 5 minutes after reading this I forgot all about your thread then BOOM! it happened to me just now. For some reason I starred it and it got 2 stars, when initially having none. When I starred the subsequent person's post with no stars, it only gave 1. Very peculiar.
:

Sounds like a glitch to me. Must be for particular cases. For example, if the post you starred had no stars initially but the immediate post above had none and the immediate post below had 1 star, then the post in between (yours you starred) gets two. Just a thought...

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I think that it may be likely that you are just starring a thread the same time as someone else.

Next time it happens, make note of the frequency of views and the frequency of replies given to the thread at the time you starred. That should give an indication to the liklihood of 'double starring'...

Though, without more information, I wouldn't write off a glitch either.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply. At least now i know that it's not just happening to me.

First i thought i wasn't seeing it right because the posts had so many stars i thought i just miscounted. But then the other day it happened to a post with only two stars and then today to a post with only one, so i know it doubled starred.

Edit to add: Sorry must have hit post instead of reply. This post was a reply to you Unlimitedpossibilities.

[edit on 25/9/08 by chise61]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Thanks for replying. I just thought it was wierd because i've never noticed it before.

It's just something i"ve noticed the past week, so i'm more inclined to think it's some kind of glich. Or it could be two people giving the same post a star at the exact same time.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I've seen a similar problem....

I give someone a star and it doesn't show up, so I click it again and the star shows up. I haven't encountered the double star problem yet.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

There have been plenty of times where i gave a star and it doesn't show up and i have to hit it again for the star to appear also. That's why i always check when i star to make sure it appears. This double starring is a new thing for me though, i have never seen thah until this past week.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I've seen this happen when I star a post.

I just chalked it up to, while I was reading the post, someone else starred it, then when I starred it and the page refreshes, two stars appear.

That's what I think is happening anyway.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Give the man a cigar,, oops I don't have any, so I guess an applaud will just have to do instead

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Thank You. I just couldn't figure out how two people could be starring the exact same post at the exact same time. I didn't even consider the page refreshing when you hit the star. Thanks again.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies, i just wanted to make sure that i wasn't the only one seeing this.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Your very welcome!

Caught me off guard the first time it happened too.

And thank YOU Sauron!

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Keyhole
I've seen this happen when I star a post.

I just chalked it up to, while I was reading the post, someone else starred it, then when I starred it and the page refreshes, two stars appear.

That's what I think is happening anyway.

That may be true but in my case it was a very small post and starred it almost immediately. Who knows.

top topics

join