It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sound of Silence.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
If you've ever seen a real UFO upclose and personal, you'd know they seem to make no sound. I had been thinking about this, and I realized something. Ufos do generate sound, however it would seem they generate a reverse wave to the sound. Basicly like the bose, or other, sound damping headphones. The headphones generate a pitch frequency in contrast to the sounds being picked up outside the head phones. However I'm not sure if this is even posable on a large scale. It's just the way it seemed to me.

What do you think?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
maybe if we look at canine reaction to these events, then we can postulate about the absence of sound. because we cant hear it, does that dictate that sound isnt there? almost every other person has a dog as a pet. half the time if you are outside at night your are more than likely walking your dog.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Ah interesting theory,you jut might be onto something here.
starring this thread.

Thinking back I have never had a dog present during a sighting.. I can't guage that idea from my own experience but will keep it in mind for future reference.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
We can't "hear" electricity.

But sometimes we can "feel" it.

There are many methods of propulsion, too numerous to describe here. Back in '94 I designed an electrogravitic craft. There are magnetogravitic ones, but I never monkeyed around with them. Basically comes down to shielding gravity or generating it.

I am working on an electrodynamic one. Its all electric, solid state in fact, as in no moving parts!

Once you understand how energy works, its mostly downhill. There are three types of energy:

Rotary

Oscillatory

Linear

And it is usually a matter of exchange between any two of these three. Gravity is linear. Light is oscillatory, and magnetism is rotary, as some examples.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Well, if they have the ability to build craft that have cloaking devices, anti-gravity propulsion systems, and other ridiculous things then I'm sure that they can come up with something similar to what you're thinking.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Sound cancellation is done by creating out of phase compression waves. A steady tone, a single note, is quite easily dealt with. The more complex the waveform, the trickier it becomes but there is no reason it couldn't be accomplished in the open.

[edit on 26-10-2008 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Edit to remove duplicate post

Semper

[edit on 10/26/2008 by semperfortis]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Hard to say. I always wished I had my dog with me as a kid when I saw the cigar though. Its curious, humans might not trust themselves but we do place an incredible faith in our canine companions.

A UFO sighting wouldnt worry me really, but I know for a fact if my dogs got spooked, id be out of there quick as a shot. I suppose thats a common human assumption that dogs sense danger and irregular things far better than we do. My rule of thumb is, always trust the pooch, they dont make irrational decisions.

top topics

join