It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give Proposed Bailout Money to every US Citizen - Brilliant!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I received an email from a friend who found this on the net, I do not know the origins but it makes sense. Give the money or proposed bailout money to every man, woman and child in the USA. The math does not work though because it would give each person $425.

"I'm against the $85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG.
Instead, I'm in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in a We Deserve It Dividend.

To make the math simple, let's assume there are 200,000,000
bonafide U.S. Citizens 18+.

Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman
and child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up..
So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billon that equals $425,000.00.
My plan is to give $425,000 to every person 18+ as a

We Deserve It Dividend.
Of course, it would NOT be tax free.
So let's assume a tax rate of 30%.

Every individual 18+ has to pay $127,500.00 in taxes.
That sends $25,500,000,000 right back to Uncle Sam.
But it means that every adult 18+ has $297,500.00 in their pocket.
A husband and wife has $595,000.00.

What would you do with $297,500.00 to $595,000.00 in your family?
Pay off your mortgage – housing crisis solved.
Repay college loans – what a great boost to new grads
Put away money for college – it'll be there
Save in a bank – create money to loan to entrepreneurs.
Buy a new car – create jobs
Invest in the market – capital drives growth
Pay for your parent's medical insurance – health care improves
Enable Deadbeat Dads to come clean – or else

Remember this is for every adult U S Citizen 18+ including the folks
who lost their jobs at Lehman Brothers and every other company
that is cutting back. And of course, for those serving in our Armed Forces.

If we're going to re-distribute wealth let's really do it...instead of trickling out
a puny $1000.00 ( "vote buy" ) economic incentive that is being proposed by one of our candidates for President.

If we're going to do an $85 billion bailout, let's bail out every adult U S Citizen 18+!

As for AIG – liquidate it.
Sell off its parts.
Let American General go back to being American General.
Sell off the real estate.
Let the private sector bargain hunters cut it up and clean it up.

Here's my rationale. We deserve it and AIG doesn't.
Sure it's a crazy idea that can "never work."

But can you imagine the Coast-To-Coast Block Party!

How do you spell Economic Boom?

I trust my fellow adult Americans to know how to use the $85 Billion better than the government has in the past 25 year.

We Deserve It Dividend more than I do the geniuses at AIG or in Washington DC.

And remember, The Plan only really costs $59.5 Billion because $25.5 Billion is returnedinstantly in taxes to Uncle Sam."

[edit on 24-9-2008 by Realtruth]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I really like your idea but unfortunately the math is wrong. 85 billion would translate into $425 dollars per person using your population numbers. I think that you just misplaced a decimal in there. It is not $425,000.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I wouldn't put it directly into people's pocket but...:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

For years, we've been told by the government and by the pundits that there is no money for national healthcare, no money for schools, no money for the levees, no money to fix bridges, no money for a decent public transportation system, no money to fully fund social security, and no money to alleviate the needs of the poor. Now, the President and Congress have told us, "Wait a second folks, there's a trillion we can play around with to bail out the Wall Street firms which have been bleeding you for years."

True, the Democrats are trying to tweak this corporate give-away. The Democrats, after all, are good at tweaking. But, we don't need an improvement on a plan hatched by the Bush Administration as a last grab for the rich - a grab which follows the trillions which have already gone to the rich in the way of tax breaks and the war in Iraq, a war which has shifted masses amount of taxpayer monies to arms manufacturers and unscrupulous military contractors.

Instead, now that we know there is a $1 trillion out there for the taking, we must insist that the needs of the working and middle class people in this country be taken care of, and taken care of now. The choice is stark - we can insist that this money go to solve basic human needs and benefit us as a society, or we can watch that money go to the rich bankers who got is into the mess we're in. And, if the latter course is taken, you can be guaranteed that there will be no money left over for social programs. As Naomi Klein properly predicted, even social security will be in jeopardy...

[edit on 24/9/2008 by kosmicjack]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I already have my money, why should I give it away in order to
think I'll get something in return.

I can see why harsh words are thrown about on issues like this for
such dumb suggestions.

The Bailout is all an Illuminati rip off.

Where is Dee Snyder now.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I beat you to it!

my thread

I got the same email from a friend this morning. Ifd only, huh?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
where the heck have yall been? they already did this. this YEAR none the less.

how quickly we have forgotten the economic stimulus package.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by iggster
I really like your idea but unfortunately the math is wrong. 85 billion would translate into $425 dollars per person using your population numbers. I think that you just misplaced a decimal in there. It is not $425,000.

You seem to have missed the part about the OP mentioning that they did not write this. Read it again.

OP, I love it! Thanks for sharing this. I have sent it to some family, hopefully to help wake them up a little, and get them upset about the state of the world. Seems FAUX news and the others have done a pretty good job and keeping people thinking that bailouts like this are necessary. And thet We The People need to keep going further and further into debt to fund the rich.

"Trickle down economics" is now a proven hoax, as far as I am concerned. It's only purpose, to syphon money up to the top, while efficiently stealing it from every state. Every community. Every school. Every family.

This is the way 3rd World Countries work. They make sure the wealth stays at the top, and never makes it's way to the people.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Surely giving that amount of money away to citizens would just fuel inflation - similar to printing more money, devaluing the dollar in a financial crisis?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

Regardless of whether the OP wrote it or someone else. We would not get $425,000. It would only amount to $425 per person. So the idea is great it is just the math is wrong. For only $425 it would not be worth it.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by iggster

You are correct 3 decimals off.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
People.. ever hear of capital goods...

Investing in a hopefully cash flow asset with rip off rates...
does not improve the economy.

Denied investment in suppressed energy devices is definitely the
root cause of America's economic failure.
And what is the normal economic policy.. rip off energy costs..
and change the laws to allow people to be ripped off.

Free energy devices are being shipped overseas.. if they are not
found and destroyed expect them to come back to America some
day after further development overseas.

TV had great development in Germany and came to America with
other great developments, so hold on and pay our great leaders..
we'll get through this.

[edit on 9/24/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
it works out to $3500 per person if you use the 2oo million figure.

That would be a great idea. Even better if it was only for people earning less than $45k per year.

It would be much better than giving it to the robber barons who caused this chaos in the first place - in an attempt to create a new financial world order.

Ordo ab Chao?

The Iraq war didn't help the Americans with the budget either. The war on Iraq will likely cause the collapse of the USA as we know it.

I hope the American people fix this. I'm in Canada, and we are all worried about this.

We (Canadian Taxpayers) just gave America $2 billion of our own money. We should have kept it for all the good it did ( ie.teaspoon of water on a bonfire)- or opened up medical clinics on the border to treat Americans for free.

Then the Americans could save their money instead of going into debt over something like fixing a chopped off finger or a birth. Not to mention that it would have a direct and immediate effect on the financial situation of everyone who gets treated. $2 billion worth of such healthcare funding could have helped well over a million people - maybe even two million if we got our medical students heavily involved.

I've never seen it this bad.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Thanks Canada for that 2 Billion.
But we need 700 Billion now.

it works out to $3500 per person if you use the 2oo million figure.

Hold on.
Imagine how much money was invested in Canadian silver and gold
and natural resources.. guess that won't help us now...
What a bunch of Wall Street losers.

So when does Wall Street get its credit back.. any clues.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
you didn't read the email thoroughly enough because it says every citizen 18 years or older. And also the Math does add up to $425,000 just as it says in the email, not $425.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
we need a bailout from toxic computer gasses. www.rawair.net...

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
oh, by the way. the money to go back to the public, forget it. who did we borrow it from? so money to whoever, is what? a loss gentlemen. no matter where it goes. I say, don't borrow, our credit card is at the max dont you.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I dont care how much money that everyone would get it would be nice to get something, My husband lost his job 5 weeks ago they shut the doors with out notice and we didnt recieve his last check, Now living in Michigan and getting a whole whopping $362 a week with a family of 6 is real fun.... I have gone back to work full time but he cant find a job that pays decient. But what ever that is my problem here is my point I would love for one of these senators or even the president or a canidate to come live my life for a month and figure out how to pay my bills and feed my kids...Hey there ya go a new idea for a reality show!!!!LOL

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by estrip
oh, by the way. the money to go back to the public, forget it. who did we borrow it from? so money to whoever, is what? a loss gentlemen. no matter where it goes. I say, don't borrow, our credit card is at the max dont you.

There is something in there.

What ever we are supposed to do... impact statement has been withheld,
like pay out money some how... bet we won't like it like Clinton's
Social Security shuffle as he qualified the importance of giving us less.

We will get paid back.. yeah?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join