It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tuesday Stock Market

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Hey...Me again

So what do you guys think the markets will do tomorrow? Bloomberg is showing a +29.

Anyone think we'll see another 370 point drop?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I say we start making bets on ATS.

It could be like roulette. RED is Positive and Black is negative.

Lets go black 400 yeah!

[edit on 23-9-2008 by '___'eed]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I'm betting it closes at -250 tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I'm upping it to -500. I think that's a safe bet

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Hmm, I think it'll close 300 points up.. just my .02.. let's see who is right, shall we? (BTW I hope I'm right simply for my sanity)

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Ketzer22

I hope I am right for my sanity as well. I have been acting strange for the last two weeks, and I need something to justify it.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I'm going black 100, for the simple reason that a free-fall collapse is probably not going to happen yet.. you've gotta keep people clueless and guessing..

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by '___'eed

Haha, I understand where you're coming from-- this site has had me on edge for a while now with all this doom and gloom stuff, I just hope we pull out of it.. I'm too young to go through this crap =/

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Rather be too young than too old with kids! Who wants baggage like panicking wives and children, or a dependency on oxygen tanks?

Get your backpack ready. One with food and water in your car (bike). Another at home with most of the valuables and survival gear.

Get ready to face people like this on the street:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Well, Ill have a panicky girlfriend if # hits the fan lol.. well.. I'm feeling optimistic.. I know the market has a long way to fall, but I'm not sure if the ptb will let it happen..

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Well, it seems to go big drop - moderate gain - big drop....etc, so I am going to say we will be +150 tomorrow only to go -400 on Wednesday.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   

I had a girl call me at 1am two nights ago crying because she was lost while she was driving. Imagine what the ladies will do when the &$*t hits the propeller.

The only girl I need is someone mentally strong or stronger than me.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
DOW futures are still up but down to 17.00 from its high earlier tonight of 29.00 I'm predicting -450 on the DOW -150 on the NASDAQ

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
points.

But I don't know which way.

(federico FELLini)

The Dow will lose 8 1/2 points. And until then, the Stock Exchange is closed.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Here's the latest situation:

Shares Slide amid Bail-Out Fears

It makes for quite interesting reading.

( Note - Implications also being discussed here: www.abovetopsecret.com... )

[edit on 23/9/08 by pause4thought]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I am of the camp that the markets are going to free-fall to induce fear and gain support for the bailout, as disastorous as the bailout is, the markets are responded to the what if, if we don't do something.

I think there is major manipulation going on here so that everyone exhales a sigh of relief when it finally gets pushed through. It can't last of course, but it is the next bandaidm, and they need people to think it has saved the day to distract them from what is really happening.

so the markets will be volatile (wild swings) or it will keep crashing, till suddenly they pass the Bill, things calm down, and the panacea is effectively in place, with the people placated.

JMHO. god help us all!

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Hummm, Good question, I say Red today,150 points,Red wednesday, 50 points and a big Black 475 points thursday !

It's so hard to say !

Lets wait and see

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Relentless

That makes a lot of sense! Using fear once again to make policy and gain power.

I wonder if congress has the heart to sign it and "the powers" have the balls to make the economy collapse.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
380pts on black.
followed by a 400 pts red on wed after the US government finally rushes through the bailout package.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
If anyone thinks discussions like this would be aided by a chart/graph showing real-time financial data, they may like to vote for it here:

Global Meltdown Forum needs a Market Data Graph

Things are moving so quickly!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join