It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CENSORED NEWS: Navajo, Hopi and Lakota delegation warned Lehman Brothers of consequences of mining s

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Masisoar

For starters:
www.crystalinks.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I vaguely remember that delegation from the three corners. I have the deepest respect for Hopi tribe and others.

Red elk has spoken of this on c2c.

There are things Horatio....

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Masisoar

"This is the First Sign: We were told of the coming of the white-skinned

men, like Pahana, but not living like Pahana -- men who took the land

that was not theirs and who struck their enemies with thunder. (Guns)

"This is the Second Sign: Our lands will see the coming of spinning

wheels filled with voices. (Covered wagons)

"This is the Third Sign: A strange beast like a buffalo but with great

long horns, will overrun the land in large numbers. (Longhorn cattle)

"This is the Fourth Sign: The land will be crossed by snakes of iron.

(Railroad tracks)

"This is the Fifth Sign: The land shall be criss-crossed by a giant

spider's web. (Power and telephone lines)

"This is the Sixth Sign: The land shall be criss-crossed with rivers of

stone that make pictures in the sun. (Concrete roads and their

mirage-producing effects.)

"This is the Seventh Sign: You will hear of the sea turning black, and

many living things dying because of it. (Oil spills)

"This is the Eighth Sign: You will see many youth, who wear their hair

long like our people, come and join the tribal nations, to learn our

ways and wisdom. (Hippies)

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Are there any dates to go along with those "signs", and any authors to credit for them as well? Or perhaps you can reference the book/url where it came from?

I want to believe in spiritualism as much as these people, but I have done as much as possible to either piss off dead spirits( spent the night in a graveyard listening to marily manson), conducted rituals to summon apparitions/monsters/demons from mirrors and many that could be a way of contacting the spiritual realm either through angering spirits or doing something very bad to curse myself, simply to analyze the effects of it and document it.

I have had no luck as of yet, but I continue to hope I will eventually do something that will piss off the netherworld enough to allow me to witness and experience a ghost, demon, spirit, apparition, or beast so that I may document it for all to see. for some reason I doubt I will actually reach this goal, but hopefully it will happen.

You Indians got any advice on how to piss off a spirit enough for it to show itself to me?

[edit on 9/22/2008 by DYepes]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Here is part of the problem.
caselaw.lp.findlaw.com...

Crooks in the bureau of Indian affaires ripped the Navajo tribe off

The agents of the BIA probably got a big kick back for this ripoff and now the tribe is getting even.

Back when i worked construction and mining i worked with many Dine(navajo).
and have been on there "Walk of the Warriors"
groups.yahoo.com...

i am on there side in this.

The Department of the Interior is riddled with corruption.
and the bureau of Indian affairesis the worst part.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DYepes

Ya Piss them off so bad they ignore you and you never get anything documented no matter how many years you spend

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I think it is a defining characteristic when those who can get away with it persecute spiritual people.

There are ample other ways to get your greed on without going out of your way to trample people living in a sacred way out of existence.

This is the behavior of the spiritually empty, who seek to destroy what they cannot themselves posess. Passing laws that prohibit people from improving their lives is not only immoral, it is a crime against humanity, and a violation of basic human rights under the US constitution.

McCain is no hero.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Right and BIA is known to be not only corrupt, but way above the law...

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Antar, I want to communicte with spirits by making them angry. Do you have any diea how I can anger spirits around here in Tampa, Florida? I need to make contact with beings, I dont care if they are good or evil, so I ca document it and submit my findings to a scientific center for study.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
DYeppes. Your level of misunderstand and things that you could not even dream of undues you.

I believe it would be in your best interest to keep an open mind to all things. IMHO

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
Antar, I want to communicte with spirits by making them angry. Do you have any diea how I can anger spirits around here in Tampa, Florida? I need to make contact with beings, I dont care if they are good or evil, so I ca document it and submit my findings to a scientific center for study.

I never quite understood why some people think they can study the non-physical through physical science...

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes

Your words appear to be written in a skeptical jest. The fact that you say these things tell me that your mind is already made up, to treat the metaphysical as a joke can seriously damage your health and stunt your growth. Please believe me when I say that joking about this and attempting blind side commuication will harm you. But it doesn't matter one iota because my words won't make any difference and you will go ahead and get yourself in a state then come back on this site asking for help, I have seen this happen so many times. 'Playing with matches' and all that.

OP: This thread is fascinating, for so long the Hopi indians have been left out of the media in regards to their ancient knowledge. What I find strange though is that nobody asks where the prophecies comes from.

I have always assumed through ancient practices that allow them to pass through this dimension or channel into others we tag it as 'spirit world'.

Mark E smith quoted these words on the web page link that should have a place here on this thread:

Only after the last tree has been cut down

Only after the last fish has been caught

Only after the last river has been poisoned

Only then will you find money cannot be eaten.

S+F

[edit on 22-9-2008 by franspeakfree]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
let me assure the nonbelievers that this is very real. Until you see the destruction of Peabody mining co, and what it has done, and continues to do to the land, and the destruction of the sacred grounds of our people, you will remain unconvinced.

many people cannot fathom the reality of precognition, clairvoyance, et c.

Most are skeptical and will be until they experience it in their own lives.

I was one of these people.

I lived on a reservation, and was at the Northern Arizona Sun Dance in July 2001 before the 9/11 attacks. The things I bore witness to in a few ceremonies proved to me, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that human beings do have a connection with everything in the universe and that time is merely an illusion.

When those planes crashed into those towers, that was all I needed to understand the clarity of the visions of those wise old grandfathers.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
wow this thread is wierd and cool at the same time.

Because I spend part of my Month here in Phx by the Biltmore Complex right by one of McCains Condos

and I spend the rest of my Month...up along the Navajo Res

This is McCains hood... My Block lol...

this is a shot of the Pool I use at the Biltmore Hotel on the weekends sometimes

McCain lives right behind this building when he's down here.. this is up the block from the Biltmore Hotel by the above pool

This is the fashion Square... Tiffanys, Sachs... Insert High dollar name here_______ Movies, Five Star Restaurants, Booze and Jewelry

It's the best... 10 minutes from everything in the city worth being at, Hot Women, Fast Cars, Expensive Booze, Nice Clothes...

BUT

If this was my life full time, I would be a piece of Plastic... I would in some ways... Die

So this is the other half of my Month

Not far from my escape pad...

Closest civilization above a few thousand people, Flag, around 100 Miles

Just a lil bit of the strip of what used to be near the last leg of old route 66 running from Holbrook AZ to Flag AZ along the Navajo and Hopi Res

I have gotten a spot now in the last week actually... where my nearest neighbor hits my property at 20 acres distant

population within say 10 square miles...

Maybe 10

So do I agree with The Hopi

YES, but this is an Obvious prediction for those who live only by the Material

Just as Alchoholism and isolation can be predicted for those who refuse to ever stray far from the Res, The Spirit world does not much address the world of the Real, like visits to the Dentist and Clothing or Employment

living by just the spirit will not help much either

Do I think it's a bad world down here or a better one up there... NO I spend alot of My time either way in Place 3 The INTERNET for my mind.

Mind, Body, Spirit

it's a tripod, one leg fails the others fall

I am keeping the place here, where I am atm... because

The Mind enables the Money, the Money Enables the Material, The material Neccesitates the Spiritual for preservation of self, when In the Spiritual there is no Material which allows the calm to work on the Mind which enables the Money....

If one of the three were to vanish, I suppose One could predict a curse in my life as well

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
And for the record...

AZ Mining practices are SICK

all of my mumbo jumbo aside... Greed is ridiculous...

The worst actually is the small Miners

some of these characters use Mercury and Arsenic to clean gold and other substances from the Earth and the Mercury dissapates into the air over the Summer when the temp hits the 70's

It is insane

and they have no respect, the regions water is all from the water table they are liable to poison it and really mess things up, it's not an area to do massive excavation

and there is wierdness too

I know there is a military base about a Mile deep not far from Holbrook doing what I have not determined

I can't personally understand how you can live here and not..leave the city ever and head North and see what it is you might ruin and identify for what purpose

Because truth be told... the money isn't that vast from anything in the region, it's not oil or any other National demand being met

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
and oh yeah

while the predictions of both over consumption and spending too much time in the spirit world are easy for anyone to make and quite obvious...

I would, totally defer to the Hopi in terms of accuracy

Because, it's real... it's easier to focus up there, no body... no mental interference for miles sometimes, alone with your mind, a massive down grade in the amount of EM and Radio waves passing through your head...

The nature of the rock...

If there is a location to practice ESP on the continent it's right there

I'd put stock... in what they have to say

and Obviously I DO, because I'm not switching from... most of my Month by the Pool sipping Mojitos... to moveing my operation up there and only coming down here to shop and party...

Because I don't doubt for a second what the Hopi have to say actually...

I just think the material does have a much needed place and it's the obsessions of people that lead to the strangulation

The material things aren't bad... you just have to not... become addicted to them, keep them in place, life without them is... not a picnic either

But he Visions of Earth Changes

Come On... happening right before our eyes...

I do sometimes question though

How much knowledge the Hopi actually have of climate patterns and how much is predection and how much is knowing.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
and

I apologize for ranting but this is the kind of thread that's.... in my back yard and makes a guy think

I have to ask...

How in the Blazes did Western and Native Culture Manage to virtually NOT merge at all here on the continent?

Of all the kooky cultures and made up crap lol
that we do get involved in, why is the Native influence so weak? I mean... It's a great culture

I believe these stories to a degree about the White Man and the Native being Brothers that went seperate ways...

I look at the images of the city where I live above and the desert where, almost no one lives

I see a tiny bit of it...the trees ontop of the buildings in pic 1... there is out here a bit of SYNTHESIS between science and nature

But it's a drop in the bucket

I almost feel like these cultures actually are LOST without each other

Because if you took that science and applied it to nature and respect for Mother Earth if you tempered the material with the spiritual... I think you get something really awesome

I can't say that about other cultural mixes

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Isn't the Bennett Freeze situation a dispute between the Navajo and the Hopi over sacred ground?

www.navajo.org... l%20Compact.pdf

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome
Yeah yeah yeah and some poeple can predict the future by sqeezing goats testicles and drinking bat blood. Why would anyone take this serious grow a brain poeple.

1. You squeeze some goat's testicles and even I can predict your future: A seriously p***ed off goat's hoof applied to your testicles.

(Sorry...couldn't resist...that comment made me LOL...)

2. There are a lot of mysteries surrounding Indian culture and spiritualism. Sometimes we might need to admit that there could be other 'outside the norm' answers to things going on in the world.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Reddupo

you may add to that list:
"roads in the sky" (air traiffic / contrails), "horseless carriages" (automobiles), "moving houses of iron" (trains), "men will have the ability to speak through cobwebs" (the aforementioned phone lines... or, ironically enough, the web), "men will have the ability to speak through space" (radio waves, satellites), a "gourd of ashes" (the atomic bomb), amongst quite a few others.

after all this hoopla comes to pass, the Hopi were meant to travel to a "House of Micca in the East", and warn of the unbalances to come. this was interpretted as the UN. their request to speak was ignored/rejected for 40 some odd years, until a delegation arrived in December of '92. they spoke to a rather meek showing of representatives of the modern world. but they said their peace, and upheld their own edicts.

Much of this info comes from: "the Hopi Survival Kit" by Thomas Mails. it is a book, not without it's controversies, but informative non-the-less. as well: "Hotevilla" by Thomas Mails and Dan Evehema (a Hopi elder). This book is dense and historical.

it should be said that according to the information presented, the Hopi believe we are at the end of the 4th age, the beginning of the 5th. there were 3 prior ages that came and went, each in some sort of catechlysm. each because of the unbalance of the residing beings. the 3rd age ended in a great flood (which most cultures speak of). the Hopi hid out in a hole in the Grand Canyon whilst the deluge did its thing. (((interestingly enough, there is a report in an old Phoenix newspaper of a cave finding in the Grand Canyon in the early 20th century, where an explorer came upon a massive cave network. in it, 'egyptian artifacts were found' and rooms that could house thousands. i am sure this has been talked about before on this site. google "grand canyon" and "egypt" and you can find it... but i am digressing.)))

there is a video called "the 5th Gate" narrated by "Floyd Redcrow" (a native activist /actor... he was in Dances with Wolves and the X-files, amongst many other roles). it is a hard to find video, but fascinating enough, and relates much of Hopi Prophecy concerning the ages of the past, and the end of this one.

so, to wrap this up:

it should be said, much of the Hopi Prophecy comes by way of Maasaw, the Creator's "assistant". it was Maasaw who taught the Hopi their "peaceful way". it is "Maasaw" who will come again. as well, i am only paraphrasing/transcribing what little knowledge i have of this ancient and profound culture. there are (obviously) far better sources then this neo-bohemian with a bout of insomnia.

regardless of any spiritual undertones (which i do believe are sacred), the OP relays the true unbalance this world has yet to heal: one that has been played out time and time again--- the desecration, exploitation and general lack of respect for the indigenous populations... not only in the US, but across this planet.

is it any wonder we face these challenges today, when we have never truly remedied the ills of the past?

here's to hoping.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by mythos]

<< 1    3  4 >>

join