It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do the symbols mean?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I keep hearing about the iulluminati and how it has symbols on our money. Everytime new coins are made the gov has pictures and synmbols put on it with an explanation of what it means and why it is there, my question is officially what is the govs. explanation of the symbols on our money that are supposed to represent the illuminati.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Here are the 'official explanations' of the symbols on the one dollar bill.

The Meanings of the Symbols On the One Dollar Bill

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   
check out what Pisky said and do a search on various search engines, there is a lot of info on tis

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Actually, I not so long ago discovered that the eye in the pyramid is a symbol of Christianity, just like the fish and the cross is. This theory is more supported as I have seen not one, but three symbols in my own church (the eye in the pyramid symbol, all of them), the church is Russian Orthodox.

I discovered this in a book I read in school (you see, you do learn something at those places after all)

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
it is said that the eye on top of the pyramid is supposedly the eye of the devil, and whoever has it controls the world economy. i read it in some david icke book but much of the stuff on the book is bull anyway so i dont know if that's true

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
ordo novus seclorum = (order of the new world)

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
here's some weird stuff on the great seal and the link to the illuminati...

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by zoso100
it is said that the eye on top of the pyramid is supposedly the eye of the devil, and whoever has it controls the world economy. i read it in some david icke book but much of the stuff on the book is bull anyway so i dont know if that's true

The eye on top of the pyramid is the all seeing eye of God. The pyramid itself is left unfinished because God's work is not complete. There is little dispute that the symbol as a whole is Masonic in origin.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biggie
The eye on top of the pyramid is the all seeing eye of God. The pyramid itself is left unfinished because God's work is not complete. There is little dispute that the symbol as a whole is Masonic in origin.

Actually, the Great Seal was adopted by Congress about 15 years before the symbol of the All Seeing Eye was adopted by Masonry. None of the committee members who invented the Seal were Masons.

The website Truth Or Fiction (which investigates and reports the accuracy of Internet rumors) says the following:

Although Franklin's committee did not suggest a pyramid, it did originate the suggestion of the eye. The term "the all-seeing eye" is never used in describing it. The Franklin committee wanted the seal to include a reflection of divine providence and discussed a variety of themes including the Children of Israel in the Wilderness. Some have suggested that the pyramid and the eye are the result of Masonic influence, but the only member of the original committee who was a Mason was Franklin and this committee's design was rejected by congress. None of the final designers of the seal was a Mason. The eye as representing "the eye of providence" has a long history. It's more likely that both the designers of the Great Seal and the Masons both drew from that history. The use of "the all seeing eye" as uniquely Masonic first appeared in 1797, nearly 15 years after the adoption of the symbolism by Congress.

www.truthorfiction.com...

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
i came up with the followig.

it is clear that there are layers in the pyramid , layers of civilication , and the absolute top is the elite , the eye , control. they see.
and a pyramid was a symbol of power over men , and power over death .
build by slaves.

as we slaves build their Idol.

hows that for a version.

regards.

df1

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
In, at times, a strongly worded article Dr. S. Morris, a member and Past Master of Patmos Lodge #70, Ellicott City, Maryland, has "set the record straight" on the myth that the Great Seal of the United States represents a Masonic symbol. The facts are clearly presented, together with several examples of the use of the "All Seeing Eye" prior to any known Masonic use. This straightforward article is being presented as a STB so that Freemasons may have an answer when the question is asked "Is the Seal of the United States a Masonic symbol?"
web.mit.edu...

Hope this helps. This is one of the most credible sites I've found on the pyramid and the eye.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
* 13 leaves in the olive branch

* 13 bars and stripes in the shield

* 13 arrows in the right claw

* 13 letters in the "E Pluribus Unum" on the ribbon

* 13 stars in the green crest above

* 32 long feathers on its right wing representing the 32� in Freemasonry

* 13 granite stones in the Pyramid. (The 13 layers represent the 13 Illuminati bloodlines)

* 13 letters in Annuit Coeptis

uhh did anyone maybe think for a second that the whole 13 stood for the original 13 colonies?

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I would like to add some thoughts to the Pyramid portion of the dollar. I have done much research on the Great Pyramid and its original builder. The Great Pyramid represents the generations of the earth. When we are born we start as it were at the base of the Pyramid, the goal in this life is to make it to the top of the Pyramid which is the closest we can get to God. Most of us only rise a few levels for we are not willing to put forth the necesary effort it takes to get to the top and becoming Godlike in our lifestyle. This means putting off the ways of the world with its corruption and many sinful ways. The All Seeing Eye Of God atop the Pyramid represents Gods Eyes watching as we climb and his spirit endeavoring to lead us closer to him. The twist on the EYE on the dollar bill is that it represents the EYES of the Anti-Christ or Beast that is coming to rule the World ( NWO)

God sees everything everywhere all the time. Although Satan through the Anti-Christ will have great power upon the earth and many will believe him and worship him as God, he will not be able to see everything everywhere and will be limited, he will make an imatation of God's omniprecense with the use of a device called a CAMERA. In the spirit realm things operate a little differently. Just like all of us have had a experience of having seen a thousand thoughts in a moment of time, this is the normal in the sprit realm, they can assimulate a mass of information in a moment of time just as satan showed Jesus all the kindoms of the world in a moment of time. This is why we see the explosion of cameras being placed everywhere. The Anti-Christ will use the cameras to monitor all the activities of the people. I call these cameras the EYES OF THE ANTI-CHRIST, a imatation of God's all seeing eye. When these cameras come to a full, the Pyramid will finally be capped and the Anti-Christ will appear and rule over the people of the earth.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by Biggie

Actually, the Great Seal was adopted by Congress about 15 years before the symbol of the All Seeing Eye was adopted by Masonry. None of the committee members who invented the Seal were Masons.

The website Truth Or Fiction (which investigates and reports the accuracy of Internet rumors) says the following:

Although Franklin's committee did not suggest a pyramid, it did originate the suggestion of the eye. The term "the all-seeing eye" is never used in describing it. The Franklin committee wanted the seal to include a reflection of divine providence and discussed a variety of themes including the Children of Israel in the Wilderness. Some have suggested that the pyramid and the eye are the result of Masonic influence, but the only member of the original committee who was a Mason was Franklin and this committee's design was rejected by congress. None of the final designers of the seal was a Mason. The eye as representing "the eye of providence" has a long history. It's more likely that both the designers of the Great Seal and the Masons both drew from that history. The use of "the all seeing eye" as uniquely Masonic first appeared in 1797, nearly 15 years after the adoption of the symbolism by Congress.

www.truthorfiction.com...

Fiat Lvx.

I stand corrected.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Actually, that eye is related directly to the Egyptian religion, and is a symbol for the god of Horus. The correct name for the eye is called "The Eye Of Horus", which is roughly translated into "The Eye of Lucifer". Horus was the son of the god Osiris, which was the god of the underworld according to Egyptian history. If I am wrong anywhere, please point out.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Try zooming into the eye on the one dollar bill for a close up. The skin around it seems to be that of a very old man. Some might even say its the eye of a reptile!

To me it doesn't look human anyway. Thats my take.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
If you look closely on the side with washington's face, up in the right hand corner, just above the number one, there is a teeny-tiny owl. whats that supposed to mean.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
the owl is something I have never noticed, this is from a link in this thread,

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

There is a small owl just to the left of the "1" which appears on the upper right hand corner of the Dollar Bill. From time to time politicians like Bill Clinton and George W. Bush Jr. have been caught with a camera flashing the horned owl symbol with their hands.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Styxvolt
Actually, that eye is related directly to the Egyptian religion, and is a symbol for the god of Horus. The correct name for the eye is called "The Eye Of Horus", which is roughly translated into "The Eye of Lucifer". Horus was the son of the god Osiris, which was the god of the underworld according to Egyptian history. If I am wrong anywhere, please point out.

You are correct concerning Horus and Osiris, but neither of these are associated with the Latin word "Lucifer". The ancient Romans sometimes referred to the planet Venus as "Lucifer", but this word entered the English language through the King James Version of the Latin Vulgate where, in the book of Isaiah, the Hebrew word "Hakayal" ("shining one") was rendered "Lux Ferre" ("light bearer") by St. Jerome. According to rabbinic scholars, this "Lucifer" refers to Tiglath-pilaser, king of Babylon, whose downfall was prophesied by Isaiah.

On a side note, the Eye of Horus details an important Egyptian myth. The god Set (who was the "satan" of the Egyptian religion, and is probably where the Hebrew word "Satan" derives from) murdered his brother Osiris, who then became Lord of the Dead.
To avenge his father's murder, Horus declared war on Set's army of darkness. Horus was victorious, but lost an eye in the battle. After Set was vanquished to a lake of fire, Thoth, the God of Science and Magic, placed Horus' lost eye in the heavens, where it became the sun.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The NWO is going down

top topics

<<   2 >>

join