It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Theory On Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I haven't entirely looked in to other theories on time, but based on what i have read and how people generally refer to time it seems many people believe time is a physical presence or tangible object.

I have never understood why people refer to time in this way.

I believe time to be more like a measurement. It is simply a way to measure the changing of different things in life based on outside interference. Time is much like a unit.

For example what IS an inch? It is nothing more than our made up way to refer to a small length of space.

Time does not physically affect us. What does affect us is the outside world. Aging is just how our body reacts to the outside world and dealing with it for a long time. It isn't time that ages us.

This is why i believe time travel to be impossible, because time is nothing but a unit.

This also explains how God has been here since the beginning of time. Since he has no need to measure how long it takes certain events to transpire he has no need for time. So God wasn't here since the beginning of time, because time does not exist. God just simply IS.

The beginning of time on earth would just be when the earth popped in to existence and would end when the world ends. it is a unit for measuring how long the earth was in existence.

Thoughts?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Time is the gauge of how we have spent our "physical" lives. Time also reminds us that life is fleeting. The "physical" world is an expression of the "spiritual" world. We can feel the results of how we spend our "time" within our physical/mortal forms.

And God said, "Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to separate the day from the night; and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years.

Time did not even exist until the physical indicators of time were created to remind us of how fleeting life is.

join