It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going veggie shrinks the brain

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Vegetarians can't grasp the concept of having smaller brains. lol.

GO MEATARIANS!!!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChronMan

Milk = Animal product.

Therefore, Vegan = B12 deficient.

Its also no secret that vegetarians aswell also have a hard time including or lack B12 in their diets

I'm sorry, this was way in the beginning of this thread, but I have to point out the entirely faulty logic here. It's pretty self-apparent and I think it accurately illustrates the ridiculousness of a lot of anti-vegetarian smut.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klaud
True of false ?
I will continue to eat meat.
I'm a meat lover. As young, I Mom always said "Eat more meat"

I tried, once, to eat no meat at all, I got so sick, and with no energy.
Raw meat taste better BTW, except for chicken

That is the same reason why people get sick when stopping with drugs, the body reacts too it, afterwards you feel better if you are strong enough too get the polution of drugs (meat with tons of chemicals) out of your system.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
My friends are always amazed at my memory. When we talk about the news, politics, our childhoods, I can quote things I read, and experiences I remember, and they can not. They can't remember half the things I can. They always ask me how I can remember so much and I have always joked it is because I never lost my pregnancy weight ...now I think I can cite proof to that. My friends say they all lost a lot of memory power after they had their children. I am a carnivore and eat meat or fish three times a day and I really do think It makes me smarter.

I think the proteins, and the essential fatty acids in meat and fish, help keep our neurotransmitters lubed and healthy. I agree with the OP that it is a biological fact, we are omnivores for a reason.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Many veggie only eaters have posted here citing morality of diet, but hey have not mentioned their memory power. That is what the post is about...so how is their memory? Please tell us, veggie eaters. I find vegitarians I know to be a little aloof.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I'm seriously considering going Veggie (Haven't eaten a fruit or veggie ever since I passed the age of 2.) But from some of the posts I've read I could really go for that increased energy as 32 credit hours each semester can really take a toll on one's being

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Missing Blue Sky

Yes I agree.
Moral argument aside it is still the best and reliable unfortified sources of vitamin B12.

Depending on how one views "sentient" life, there is no way to avoid some life being taken in the process of living modern. Even in the process of farming and cultivation, however unintentional...it still happens. So in a sense, accepting this as inevitable is allowing the killing of some life to further our lifestyle.

I personally have no problem with that. I think being an omnivore works well for most humans, as much as it does for our animal cousins.

- Lee

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join