It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Photo's of IKE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
This is one of the best ways to view Ikes progress as it swirls it's way toward the coastal areas.

Just wanted to give you a good link to the pictures from the Crew on the International Space Station.

www.nasa.gov...

[edit on 13-9-2008 by antar]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Nice find. The height of the "walls" of the storm is quite amazing.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Hurricane Ike Delays Cargo Shipment In Space

I wanted to bring this forward as well, there seems to be so much happening with the hurricane, where is J.L. when you need him?

Check this out:

Hurricane Ike's impact is extending all the way to outer space -- and it hasn't even made a U.S. landfall yet.

www.informationweek.com...

From NASA: www.nasa.gov...

[edit on 13-9-2008 by antar]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsTheQuestion

TY, Zorgon gave me links a couple of weeks ago.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Has anyone noticed there are no stars in the photographs?

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Nice to see NASA release something that is not censored for once.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Wow they are really amazing pictures

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Here is the latest update from NASA, I am amazed to say the least that a hurricane can affect inland areas so dramatically. I always thought that hurricanes were an ocean front phenomena.

www.nasa.gov...

The movie shows Hurricane Ike in the Gulf of Mexico on Sept. 12, then making landfall in Galveston, Texas on Sept. 13, and moving through Arkansas on Sept. 14.

goes.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Note in the above picture just how far inland this hurricane travels. During the days preceding the event, no preparations were being made for the expansive areas that would be affected by this weather anomoly.
Question is did they have any indication that it would be so wide spread? When they discuss the 123 counties affected by Ike did that and does that include the hundreds of miles past landfall?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Antar, the picture of Ike you posted is awesome. I know it caused a lot of destruction, but to see it like that is something else.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Just wanted to mention this thread as it is connected to the thread. One of our own well respected members has felt the affects of IKE well into the hundreds of miles away from where IKe made its landfall, aparently the news is very serious. Please read his disasterous thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Seems Ike has now begun to seriously affect Iceland. here is the latest from ROSE EDIS on the situation.
visz.rsoe.hu...

Edit to say click on Event Description.

[edit on 17-9-2008 by antar]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Just wanted to bring this up again for people to take a look at the distance that Ike has traveled in the past days since making landfall on the Texas coast of the US. Please see above post and link.

top topics

join