It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin's Church Promotes Gay Conversion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mhc_70

Originally posted by zysin5

Get off your but and do something.. NO lets get on our knees and just prey.

Religious people donate more time and money to charity than any other group.
[edit on 8-9-2008 by mhc_70]

Agreed. Faith-based organizations do more good for America than any other groups.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Ones sexuality is not a choice.
Tolerance should be at the top of any church's ideas. They should teach how to love thy neighbor rather than engage in such nonsense.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Its bigotry. Its blatant which surprises me. Ususally they try to hide it. Usually its "Why don't the darkies and fags vote for us?" Well, this is one reason why the gay community doesn't vote Republican. They don't want to be rounded up and given pieces of flare so we can identify them easier. You know, like a certain conservative did to the Jews...

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by newguyhere2
Ones sexuality is not a choice.

Tolerance should be at the top of any church's ideas. They should teach how to love thy neighbor rather than engage in such nonsense.

No different than feeling it is morally wrong.

Some people come to church looking for help, I doubt this would happen at a church that didn't love its neighbors or was intolerant towards the ones in need.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
The word tolerant would imply that this church would welcome a gay person with open arms and stand beside them no matter their sexual preferance, instead of saying come to our church and we will pray the gay away.

Praying to convert gays is a nice way of being a bigot.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Can anyone tell me what exactly is wrong with one person praying for another?

If christian guy A prays for gay guy B, exactly what wrong is done?

You guys act if prayer was the same as lynching, libel, or character assassination.

For being so tolerant, there sure is a lot of intolerance to someone that is doing nothing but praying.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by spec_ops_wannabe
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

It's not like it's horrible or anything like that. It's certainly far better than murders and executions like Hitler did.
I don't even see why this should be an issue. Freedom of Religion as I recall?

theres a wonderful campaign slogan for her!

"Sarah Palin: Better then Hitler!"

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cowgirlstraitup7

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (Sept. 8) - Gov. Sarah Palin's church is promoting a conference that promises to convert gays into heterosexuals through the power of prayer.

Link to full story:

news.aol.com...

Is this what we really want in this country? I guess for some the answer would be yes. For me it would be NO!

OH DEAR!!...she is deluded or a liar...either way not the sort of person any country needs...prayer does not work..never has.....and homosexuality is natural..many species have homosexual individuals...

she is a fool...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by wutone
Can anyone tell me what exactly is wrong with one person praying for another?

If christian guy A prays for gay guy B, exactly what wrong is done?

You guys act if prayer was the same as lynching, libel, or character assassination.

For being so tolerant, there sure is a lot of intolerance to someone that is doing nothing but praying.

theres no good done as prayer doesnt work...never has...and the thought that someone thinks i need changing is an insult..and its incredibly arrogant..

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
you know as much as you guys would love to use her church against her it will not work as well as rev wright worked because her church doesn't HATE AMERICA.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by newguyhere2

Thanks for your opinion but invalid, as is my opinion. You see the church was founded on the Death and resurrection of Jesus and on the Commands from God written by men as we know as the Bible, not some sort of consortium or think tank.
Just one example of what the Bible says about Lesbian and homosexuality practices.

Romans 1
25 For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
26 For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural,
27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I don't care what religion she professes, as many of our corrupted politicians call themselves born again Christians but we all know what gods they cater too once in offices.

But at least I have not seen many preaching from the pulpit on or religious radio talk shows..

Now I happen to see Ms Palin preaching from her church pulpit and to tell you the truth I can not get this image of her preaching from the office of the VP trying to impose her religious version of morality for America.

But then again I can not get off my mind her teen age daughter that like many teens in this nation just happen to prove that they are nothing but humans.

Palin's daugher experience, humanized Palin a lot.

The irony.

[edit on 9-9-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I don't understand why gays, who are supposed to be the epitomy of tolerance, are so intolerant when it comes to Christianity.
I may not approve of your lifestyle. That does not mean I can't love you. I can also pray for you. And you might not even know it. But you might start to feel differently about certain things. Perhaps it is because I am having an influence on you. Or perhaps God is "dealing" with you, and you are going to have to make a choice.
No one can make anyone change. But if someone is gay, or a prostitute, or a junkie, or an alcoholic, and seeks help from a religious organization they will get it. Some will offer counseling, but all will pray for you. It ain't gonna hurt you, and it might help.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I think alot of the problem these days is people expect political folks to be perfect and God like. How foolish.

You cannot squeeze blood from a turnip..especially when the turnip does not exsist!!!!

Cheers!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
I don't understand why gays, who are supposed to be the epitomy of tolerance, are so intolerant when it comes to Christianity.

you could have written this..:

I don't understand why blacks, who are supposed to be the epitomy of tolerance, are so intolerant when it comes to racism.

understand now..?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I think there should be a church of gay members that welcomed these same "gay-turned-straight" people in and encouraged them, through prayer, to "pray away the fake-straight" that they were guilted into at Palin's church.

"Dear God, please bless this young man by showing him the joys and benefits of being true to himself and how he was made by you. Give him strength to denounce the deceit and lies in favor of his own integrity and true self. And let him know that his orientation does not make him a sinner and that we are ALL created by God and loved by Him equally."

I don't have to wonder how praying for that would be received.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by alienesque

No I don't. Gays seem to want to practice live and let live, until it comes to Christianity. Then they become viscious. I admit that there are those in some churches who are hurtful. Unfortunately these are the ones you hear about on the news. There a a great many more churches, fundamentalist and evangelicals, who disagree with the gay lifestyle, but will welcome you if you choose to attend their church. There are a great many who will love you, and like it or not, they will pray for you. But they won't beat you up, or call you names. (Yes, there will be, unfortunately, some members who will not associate with you, and may choose to leave that particular church.) But from what I see on the news, most gays condemn Christianity. If you practice homosexuality in a Muslim country, they won't pray for you. They will kill you.
I realize racism is, sadly, still a problem in this country. But this thread is not about racism.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
I may not approve of your lifestyle. That does not mean I can't love you. I can also pray for you.

I suspect that this is the main issue. You feeling the need to pray for someone seems to equate directly to the target person having some problem or deficiency that is cause for some correcting or support. From their perspective, a gay person does not have a problem or deficiency. Your prayer thus highlights your assumed judgment of said person as being twisted or less than.

and yes, the mechanic works the same for racism on a basic level.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join