It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Heck just flew over my house??!! (Really freaked out now...)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I don't know if anyone is awake that can help me with this right now; I'll offer a quick background in case.
I have been off of ATS for a couple of weeks due to some family problems. Things have calmed the last few days, and because I got off late tonight, I found myself logged in to read some threads. I went outside to enjoy a smoke, and began to notice the "weird" vibe in the air.
It is really foggy,but very lit up outside. It is extremely still, but probably due to the time here. (3:30 a.m.)
I was about to go inside, when I heard an eerie cry.

I know my animal noises. This was not one of them.

The hair on my neck stood up, and I watched a long, dark shape pass just feet above my (single story) roof. It had no wings, and was almost similar to what a ball shot through a sheet would look like, if it carried the sheet with it, trailing the loose sheet in the wind.

The trailing part was similar to tendrils. It was about 4 to 5 feet long, and no more than a foot wide.

It passed over head, over my roof, and disappeared over some neighboring trees.

I felt suddenly exposed, and went inside. It then suddenly hit me to check on my two roommates. Both are disabled, and I can't explain it, but I felt like that "thing" was collecting souls. (my eyes are literally tearing up as I write this, it was scary)

I woke both of them up, and now I am writing this.

No, I am not High, Drunk, or sleep deprived. Nor am I prone to hallucinations.

Anyone ever experience this before?

No, I don't need attention, so if you are only here to poke the bear, go away please.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I just want to ask you why you do this?Post things like this?
Truly I just want to know why that's it.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Interestinggg

Hmmmm.....

Poke the bear it is.

Well my friend, the truth is, I post on this forum due to the generally open minded people that tend to congregate here. It is a wonderful place to get feedback on issues that one may not know an expert in person to ask.

Also, the general anonymity of such places as this site allow people to reach outside their own comfort zone in order to better understand things without fear of public ridicule.

Does this answer your question?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Sounds very intimidating. I don´t suppose you had your camera at the time?
Maybe you could offer a sketch of what you saw?

Playing Devil´s advocate: could it have been a balloon covered with a sheet?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
What is your location?

I found this story on coast to coast am of loud booms reported in North Carolina Sunday evening.

www.wral.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
It sounds like a peacock to me. You would never expect a peacock.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
reply to post by Interestinggg

Hmmmm.....

Poke the bear it is.

Well my friend, the truth is, I post on this forum due to the generally open minded people that tend to congregate here. It is a wonderful place to get feedback on issues that one may not know an expert in person to ask.

Also, the general anonymity of such places as this site allow people to reach outside their own comfort zone in order to better understand things without fear of public ridicule.

Does this answer your question?

No it didn't answer my question.
I didn't ask why you post on this forum.
I asked why you post things specific like this.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
at 3:00am on a luminous fog shrouded night.. you witnessed a self propelled object flying close to the roof

another person. in similar mist/fog conditions might have seen a 'hound of the baskervilles' image in their proximity.

i would suggest... 'the stage was set' with the eerie landscape & setting...
then the viewers sub conscious sprang into action..
the 'interloper' was a real construct but had no mass or material substance, resulting in your flight-or-flight response mechanism being activated (because you needed it to be)...
the body senses when things are amiss, perhaps the 3:00am smoke break--after being at rest for awhile-- was causing a toxic situation in the lung and with your blood pressure? a response was needed to accelerate the clearing of lungs, ventilation, and a raised heart beat to overcome the unrecognized stress... so the mind-body-brain created a condition as opposed to a hallucination?

just a suggestion

[edit on 8-9-2008 by St Udio]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

It could have been a hallucination, or it could have been a bird flying along with its wings folded back. Many birds of prey do that to fly faster when chasing its dinner. Said dinner might also emit a distress call, which is designed to get your attention.

Until you can rule those out, it's rather irrational to leap to any other conclusion. The lack of evidence doesn't help your position.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I agree that it most likely is some sort of bird.

What part of the country do you live in?

I think the eerieness of the early morning hours made you feel as if the object was a threat.

Then again ... isn't 3 a.m. to 4 a.m. 'dead time' and the hour in which most paranormal events are likely to occur? Or have I just been watching too much 'Paranormal State'?

Jemison

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
A large OWL could explain it, i have often seen them tuck their wings up in mid flight, a white OWL? whatever it was, would have made my blood curdle, esp when surprised like that, have you had a good look around since then, ?

I hope you find out what it was, I've heard talk about Thunderbird sightings, but they would be way bigger to what you said.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
It was some type of interdimensional being.

Many reports of them are available that involve them appearing when there is a "mist" around.

As for exactly what is was as far as names are concerned, I can only speculate. Maybe a "banshee", going by the sound you heard.

Thankyou for sharing your experience with us. I've had quite a few with beings from other dimensions, but not exactly the same as the one you described.

If you can draw a sketch of it and post it, I would really appreciate it. Sure, some people will ridicule you over it, but they'll get over it.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I have a feeling the shape you saw is similar to the hooded figure that stalks my dreams. It manifests itself in my nightmares in this form, doing several circles in the air before materializing as a hooded figure. Although there are no screams in my dreams other than my own when I see this figure. It's really scary nonetheless, and I wouldn't exchange places with you to witness what you saw. However if you're not to scared to do so, try getting pics the next time this thing gets close to you. They would really help us figure out what you're seeing.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Boy this just makes me want to move back to the States.
(Almost).
NUTHIN' good like that ever happens here!

Well, whatever it was, that gave you the *fly by* you've still got all your body parts, and, you're not experiencing any time lapses, etc, so, for now, but just for now, you're safe.

If you find out what it was - or if it happens again - let us know!

Hope your family things work out!

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I appreciate the responses. Truth is, I waited to re-center before coming back on to his thread. I never would have gotten a photo not if I was holding the camera ready when it was there. Sorry, I didn't start this thread in order to draw attention to a new species or UFO event. I only wondered if anyone else had experienced this, or seen one themselves.

I know I have a large imagination. I know that I also am a logical person, as well.

It was not a bird, unless it was a swooping condor. I do not know the call of that bird, but the size of this thing was too long for an owl. I do know that much for certain.

I can safely say that I would not make up the fact I woke my brother and roommate due to the sudden weirdness I was feeling.

If it was a bird, it was moving with pinned back wings for at least 250 ft.

Thanks, Jason

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

Hey Jason,

Well I can't put a name to what you saw or even claim to have seen something similar myself. But your account reminded me of something similar to what a friend of mine encountered a few years ago.

About 11 - 12 'o' clock at night she was in a car travelling the moors road that goes from Pickering to Whitby (North Yorkshire), with her sister and another woman. As they took the sharp hairpin bend that drops down past the Hole of Horcum and levels out by the Saltersgate Inn, they all saw something standing on the edge of the road.

She said it was the most terrifying thing she'd ever seen because of the sense of foreboding they all felt. She described it as about 12ft tall and covered in wispy rag like attire that was moving as if blown by a light breeze ... there was no visible face or other body parts like hands or feet just the rags from top to bottom.

Once they'd safely manned the bend they turned around at the inn and came back (this took a matter of seconds and the 'thing' was nowhere to be seen. If it was somebody dressed-up they would have seen them running across the moors (nowhere to hide) the only way it could have disappeared in the time it took them to turn the car around was if it had taken flight and headed upwards. It wasn't foggy but there was low cloud.

Now a logical explanation might have been a bin bag or some material caught on a bush ... but I know my friend and she would have known the difference ... plus there are no 12ft bushes in the area or trees.

And it was not a case of 3 hysterical females on an isolated moors road late at night, letting their imaginations get the better of them. And I can say this with confidence because my friend (and occasionally her sister), are often up on the moors alone in the early hours when we celebrate our sabbats ... they like me are not easily spooked, but whatever they saw scared the bejeebus out of them.

Reading your story reminded me of this.

Woody

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

I have seen something like that. when i was stationed at Ft. Lewis WA.
I awoke in the middle of the night and looked out the window at the house
next door. I saw shadowy figures moving around in a swirl. One of them, the leader i guess, swooped to the top of the house and took physical
form. It looked like what your friends saw accept this thing looked at me.
It new i could see it. My wife asked me what i was doing and i told her,
she prayed for protection and they left. I went back to sleep.

creepy! I think there are things in this world that can't be explained
right away but we should as a group attempt to seek out an answer
one we can all agree on no matter what faith or belief we may have.

new topics

top topics

join