It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hee Haw : Remembering The Good Ole Days

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Hee Haw was one of the funniest, best, and cleanest brands of humor for shows, back when I grew up watching it with my parents. I really miss this kind of humor and fun, which seems to be missing in this day and age where people would rather whine, gripe, and complain about gas prices, instead of doing the right thing and entering into politics.

"From Patriot to Patriot Act, This World Seems to Have Gone Mad"

I remembered this T.V. show and thought I'd do some small research and delve into the history vault of humor for BTS.

[edit on 7-9-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

When I was very young I would watch this show with my grandmother. Whenever I see it now, it brings me wonderful memories of her. I will always like this show because of that. It was goofy and dumb, but it will always have a place in my heart. Thank you for bringing up some great memories.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008

When I was very young I would watch this show with my grandmother. Whenever I see it now, it brings me wonderful memories of her. I will always like this show because of that. It was goofy and dumb, but it will always have a place in my heart. Thank you for bringing up some great memories.

Not to worry, good memories can be hard to find now, so any fond ones are always welcome.

I remember the show was so silly, as well as the hillbillies popping up in the middle of the cornfield, it was so corny.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Growing up in the Deep South, I definitely remember Hee-Haw. It was watched religiously in my home, and despite my ability to handle higher 'book-learning' and an obsession with science and technology, I never failed to laugh out loud at the antics.

Yeah, it was simple humor. Yeah, it was kind of 'hokey'. Yeah, it had religious overtones and glamorized a lifestyle that the majority of people in the 'civilized' world would find boorish. But not everything has to be sophisticated in life. Sometimes there is a lot to be said for the simpler things. And there's an awful lot to be said for Hee-Haw.

Over the years I have watched as many of those comic/music heroes have passed away. I have mourned every one. And every time I hear about someone from that show passing, or come across a reference to them or it, I realize they are not truly gone; they live on in that smile that those memories bring to my face.

Great thread! Thanks for the memories.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Hee hee, yeah popping out of the cornfield telling jokes.

I loved that. Not to mention lots of gratuitous farmer's daughter bust shots. Mmmm, Misty Rowe.

If I remember correctly, it was on Saturday evenings in Canada. Used to watch it before Hockey Night in Canada.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Yeah, I too remember watching this show. Ms. Pearl, I think that was her name and Grandpaw too!

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Roy Clark....

Under appreciated, real talent

Pikypiky, I think you have the Grand ole opery and hee haw confused.

Minnie Pearl and Grand Pa Jones were on GOO.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Minnie Pearl was on Hee Haw as well.

Official Website:

www.heehaw.com...

[edit on 7-9-2008 by TheComte]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
reply to post by whaaa

Minnie Pearl was on Hee Haw as well.

Official Website:

www.heehaw.com...

Thanks, I forgot.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I too would watch this with my parents when I was a kid, about 5-6. Then as Comte said..Hockey Night In Canada.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Minnie Pearl was indeed on Hee Haw (she led the all-girl singing, for one), and so was Grandpa Jones. I remember him lying half asleep on the porch telling jokes.

A few more: Junior Samples, Roy Clark, Buck Owens...

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Grandpa Jones was on Hee Haw too. The show may of been corny, but it did last for 23 seasons and the reruns pop up on cable and broadcast channels around the world. Here is a link to imdb for cast references:

www.imdb.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
How can anyone forget these? Loved the show!

"Hey Grandpa? What's for supper?"

"If it weren't for bad luck
I'd have no luck at all.
Gloom, Despair
It's agony on me."

How about the 'Empty Arms Hotel'?

'Pickin' and Grinnin'

Other notable mentions:
Stringbean
BARBIE BENTON
Junior Samples
LuLu

What a perfectly silly way to spend an hour.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

That is exactly what I was going to write. I love the memories of watching Hee Haw as a kid. It was good, clean and Wowzer, great cleavage shoots! I think that show got me hooked for life!

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
In my house Hee Haw went hand in hand with Laugh -In. I wasn't allowed to watch either show, (but i did see them both .) My favorites were Grandpa Jones and Junior. My dad was a HUGE Roy Clark fan. Makes me smile just thinking about back then. TY for the mind jolt. =)

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
My favorite part of every show:

Where oh where
Are you tonight?
Why did you leave me
Here on my own

something something something that I can't remember

You met another
and ppphhtttt you were gone

I was young when the show was on, but I remember whoever sang this duet would get spit on, which me laugh my butt off.

EDITED: oops, I posted this before I watched the video *blush* Ah- memories!

[edit on 9-9-2008 by Alora]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I think for many adults the memory of Hee Haw will be tied to visiting the grandparents. After Grandma's home cooked meal, the kids and the grandparents would watch Hee Haw together. The grandparents knew the show was good clean fun, and the kids watched it with the warmth of Grandma in the room.
Thirty or so years later, when one turns on CMT and sees a rerun of Hee Haw, the memories of Grandma and Grandpa come back and a smile comes to one's face. The show wasn't Shakespeare, but everyone still enjoys the corny jokes and the music of Roy Clark and Conway Twitty (who seemed to guest every other week). That is the only show (other than Lawrence Welk) that brings the memories back, although my grandfather loved Kojak.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Maybe its our age, but I can't help but sing when I feel good... And when I feel good I sing...

"Where or where are you tonight...
why did you leave me here all alone..
I searched the world over and thought I found true love...
You met another and pblttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt you were gone.."

I loved Hee Haw...:w::w::w:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I'm getting some pretty good chuckles over here on some of the replies to this thread.

I remember Hee Haw very fondly, and I'm glad I started this thread.

It seems like maybe I'm not the only one who remembers the good ole days.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Alora

something something= i searched the world over and thought I found true love. you met another and ......

top topics

<<   2 >>

join