It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hebrew Exodus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
This is a site I ran across on another forum, regarding the Hebrew Red Sea crossing.

The site shows apparently sunken chariot wheels, as well as various stone inscriptions relating to this event.

Anyway, I found it interesting, and I thought I'd post it here in case anybody else did as well.

bibleprobe.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I'm not familar with some of the things on that page, so I went to look them up further... what I found doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in the tale.

The late Ron Wyatt's finds have been proclaimed "unsound" by Biblical archaeologists and other archaeolgists. He had photos... but no artifacts (they could actually have been taken anywhere -- and labeled "Red Sea", as many have pointed out.) Biblical archaeologists are pretty firm in dismissing his results.

The "human femur" in the "bones" photos ... argh. The person who labeled that hasn't looked at many human femurs. One is labeled a "thumb bone" and ain't no such thing... they appear to be coral branches.

The inscriptions... I'm not familar with those, though they do have a modern ring to the phrasing (sounds like modern blank verse and isn't in a form that I associate with older inscriptions.) I can't find an "independent source" that says they actually exist. This was an Egyptian mining area and there are a number of references to Egyptian inscriptions.

But I don't see any reliable work on the inscriptions...or any report of them elsewhere though I do see reports of Egyptian inscriptions. The sites I find are rehashed reports of the discovery in the 1700's... when they actually hadn't translated any Egyptian. I'm not too sure about their translation of Hebrew from that era.

So that's an open (interesting) question. They SHOULD be in some sort of scholarly text on ancient inscriptions, but they're not.

The question of whether King Tut was the one at the time of the Exodus is a definite "no." Exodus takes place (according to many Biblical timelines) well over 100 years before Tut's birth.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Very interesting,

I read something a couple of years ago, where the author had been working on the hebrew exodus.
They had traced the path of the exodus, via clues from the old testament, and some new egyptian sources, to a waddi(ravine) on a small river flowing into the red sea.
I dont think its the one in the mentioned in the link, but its a place very close to the sea, less than a mile?.
This ravine is in a tidal estuary and when the tide comes in the water gets to be a couple of feet deep.
In the egyptian source the hebrews, had used the cover of night and fierce seasonal winds to escape entrapment by the army.
The hebrews had crossed the waddi during a lull in the wind and at low tide, when the water was only a few inches deep.
Bythe time the egyptian chariots caught up only a couple made it across before the widns came back up and the tide came in.
What was just couple inches of mud rapidly became an actual river, with water several feet deep, swamping many chariots.
The hebrews escaped while the pharoas army went the many miles around to the next crossing.

The authors found both hebrew and eygyptian artifacts in the area they believed this happend.

The story of hibaru (hebrews) is a fascinating one, and is far more complex and quite different from what has came down to us by way of the old testament.

The hebrews were anything but slaves, Moses was married to the pharaos daughter and was a general in his army.
Joseph was a priest of the the sun god at the main temple..

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
When I googled "sinai inscriptions" I came up with a bit more.

Only one person claims to have translated them -- there's no confirming work on them: encyclopedia.farlex.com...

I do see references that some are in Hebrew (language) using Egyptian hieroglyphs as an alphabet... similar to the "snake spells" of the same area. However, there's no confirmation of the inscriptions given on that page. I'll continue to look.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Those pictures seem to be of 19th and 20th century machine parts. One should note the effects of teredos, the wood eating bivalves. No wooden object survives long. What little wood that is recovered from such sea zones is buried in mud or sand.(usually the bottom hull of ships, the keels)

top topics

join