It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paulding Light Mystery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I didnt know which forum to put this in, so I put it in here.

Located in Watersmeet Michigan, the Paulding Light is a natural phenomenon
which must be seen to be believed. For no apparent reason a light appears at the same spot every night in Paulding Michigan.

Video report: www.wluctv6.com...

Description: www.backwoodswisconsin.com...

What I dont understand is why doesnt someone just walk up to it??!!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TallWhites

isn't there a better picture than this? and yeah, why doesn't someone just follow it? i smell a debunk soon.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TallWhites

What I dont understand is why doesnt someone just walk up to it??!!

i have read that people have tried to get closer to the light and it just disappears when they start getting close.

this video shows the light also
es.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
One of my pet peeves is the question of why people don't walk/drive up to what they say they see. How many reports have you read that said the person saw a light, object, etc., for minutes to hours, but they never tried to get closer?

If I was there, you bet I'd be walking toward that sucker, video camera in hand, instead of sitting on the side of the road. If I had money to burn, I'd do a flight from Houston to Marquette, get a rental car, drive to Watersmeet, and be out there the next night looking for the light.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I suspect the long rows of power lines play a significant role in the mystery. Perhaps an insulation fault combined with evening moisture generates a glow discharge around certain poles? This should be an easy one to solve, but like most local mysteries, the incentive is to maintain them.

WG3

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
its in the UP? darn too far for it to be worth the drive for me. I can tell you this. there is supposedly a mysterious light out on a road named Denton Rd near where I grew up and we were out there all summer looking for the stupid light/ghost/orb and didnt see jack squat. I dont know what people are waiting for, just go out there on weekends, have 2 groups, one to the north one to the south. and when you see that light heads towards it from both directions

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I'm wondering if this is just a kind of mirage. There are various kinds of mirages that are caused by differences in air temperature, so the lights might be cars from a few miles away.

en.wikipedia.org...

mintaka.sdsu.edu...

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Yes, I saw that video a lot of times before on you tube they say that a ghost of a person is haunting the area and the ghost is carrying a lantern during the night along the tracks.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Texas has its own version called the Marfa Lights:

en.wikipedia.org...

ca.youtube.com...

Native-Indians claimed to have seen them since the 1800's, so obviously they cant be cars.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Usually orange and white, basket ball sized, rarer greens and blues, travelling in similar coloured pairs. Wow I'm taken for words, coming from the UK and never having been to the US, the above description of these Mofra lights is exactly what I've seen here in Derbyshire! To all Americans out there the mofra lights are not car lights or weather balloons, they are intelligently controlled life forms. I checked on the mofra lights on the wiki link above and it's exactly as I see them here, stunned.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
Usually orange and white, basket ball sized, rarer greens and blues, travelling in similar coloured pairs. Wow I'm taken for words, coming from the UK and never having been to the US, the above description of these Mofra lights is exactly what I've seen here in Derbyshire! To all Americans out there the mofra lights are not car lights or weather balloons, they are intelligently controlled life forms. I checked on the mofra lights on the wiki link above and it's exactly as I see them here, stunned.

Star for you.

And thanks, thats very interesting

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
And Australia has the Min Min lights too, if nothing else strange light occur all over.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Reply to TallWhites

In the first video you posted.From what I could tell, it looked light headlights from cars, and the red ones were tail lights. If you notice, they all followed the same path, like a road. It looks as though it is a road that comes straigtht at you, then drops down, as if the road is coming straight down the side of the hill. If you notice, they never get any higher, or lower. Just my 2 bits here.

If it is a road, it is a long distance off, and is high enough to be seen from where this footage was taken. Just something to ponder. And just to add, the red lights were on the right, and the white ones were on the left, the red ones going away from you(right lane), the white ones coming at you(left lane).

[edit on 7-9-2008 by FiatLux]

new topics

top topics

join