It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone been noticing strange things in the UK?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I really am not sure where to place this topic, originally I planned to discuss this with anyone lurking the chatrooms here at ATS but my post-count is rather low, so I'm forced to sit in silence or make a thread that I'm unsure of making.

I've been getting a lot of complaints recently from friends who have had their electricity go down on them and their entire town. I shrugged it off as one of those rare occurances that are not spooky or conspiracy-related at all.

Until tonight, when the electricity to my town went off entirely. It's something I've never seen before, street-lamps, shops, traffic-lights... all were off except for the few buildings I could see that obviously were running on backup generators. I made my walk home past several policemen who were patrolling the streets, it was very spooky and needless to say I'm paranoid.

Everyone around me was staring into the sky, we had flocks of birds or geese that were screaming and generally making a tonne of noise. I know what flocks of geese sound like and tonight was especially strange and I'm unsure what their problem was.

I'm going to shrug this off as yet another coincidence but I'd like to hear if anyone else in the UK is having electrical problems or noticing anything slightly out-of-order?

I think I'm just being paranoid, but I'd rather see what my fellow Britons have to say to things before brushing it to the side. Besides, I'm finding it terribly hard to ignore.

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Yeh its strange. Its rained all august aswell and into september. Also it started getting dark at 8pm since the begining of august, Like we skipped ahead a month or something. Odd

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Hey there, Its so odd that you mention this as funny enough i have been hearing the same things from friends,

There seems to be a lot of strange power outages here at the moment and i know in my town theres been reports of odd buzzing noises and Bright flashes of lights, I urged them to also come here to tell of there experiences,

Can i ask what part of the UK you are in?

I know that im my area there has been a few hundred african grey parrots turn up.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Not had any power cuts here for ages now.

The last one was 28 March when I noticed two people wandering about in a strange way.

I started a thread here:Weird stuff during a power cut

Have you checked with your provider to see what their take is on it?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
There seems to be a lot of strange power outages here at the moment and i know in my town theres been reports of odd buzzing noises and Bright flashes of lights, I urged them to also come here to tell of there experiences,

Can i ask what part of the UK you are in?

I'm on the border between Scotland and England, near the coast.

I did notice some strange flashes of lights which is out of the ordinary, I did chalk it down to lightning though.

Yeh its strange. Its rained all august aswell and into september. Also it started getting dark at 8pm since the begining of august, Like we skipped ahead a month or something. Odd

I agree, summer seems to have hit a brick-wall, it is very odd. It's almost like summer was stopped in it's tracks and we're suddenly half-way towards winter.

I started a thread here:Weird stuff during a power cut

Thanks, a very good read.

You guys are making me worry, I have a strange feeling that something's going down.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by Communist-Cola]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Oh that's what happens when Lord Voldemort is around. Better be careful... sounds like the British Wizarding community is at it again, just run if you feel and unexpected supernatural chill

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Very funny. But what i mentioned about it feeling like we had jumped ahead a month. Wouldnt this happen if the earths rotation was speeding up?. Id be interested to know whether this was happening other places not just Uk

[edit on 9/6/2008 by Matt.Trakker]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Blame Chemtrails, weather modification for more rain so it floods, kills and causes the world to unite for a common cause. Flooding can bring earthquakes too, maybe UK soil is becoming soft so ezpect some techtonic shifts.

Also my theory is:

How the current UK mirrors Saddam's Iraq.

I am seeing a pattern that Saddam Hussein used on his people and ever since this Iraq war, we have adopted his dictatorship in spiritual form. He was evil anyway and evil and evil spirits go hand in hand. Then add the scriptual evidence through history and religion to add that Iraq was formally the place where the Garden of Eden stood between - The River Tigres and Euphraties. This area as described in Revelation and parts of the Bible is a centre point of demonic evil and fallen Angels and the Abyss.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

You lost me when you went biblical. IMO the bible is a load of crap. Well, As far as following it word for word anyway. How could people that far back in history know more than we know now? Balls. IMO the bible is nothing more than ATS in written form

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I'm really disapointed in this summer, was it even a summer? I mean I don't remember much warmth. And now it's getting damn cold pretty quick.

Where's my global warming!? lol

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
We had a power cut at 7am Friday 5th September. Put it down to the heavy rain. I'm north England.

The summer certainly made a rapid exit, there was frost on the floor the other morning.

Oh well, back to reality. Dark, cold, wet and misled

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
No power cuts here recently... Though I do think something dodgy is going on with our power station. A few weeks ago we lost power during a lightening storm... no biggies there then. Only thing was the sky seemed to glow a bright neon blue for about 5 seconds after; coming from the source the lightening hit.

I've never seen that happen to a power station before from a lightening hit.

I can also agree with the weather being strange.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Oh for goodness sake! What the hell is wrong with you people! Ok, so you experience a power cut...so bloody what! OOOOHHH! It's strange, weird, they're coming to get me, ooohh...scary, frightening...tremble tremble. Next thing you'll be complaining that the daylight is the wrong colour, or it's too dim or dark. Have none of you seriously nothing better to do than to drum up conspiracies out of nothing to try and scare each other with? Is this the only way you can reach out to each other? Shame! Shame! Shame!

Here we have a very large forum for discussing maturely and intelligently real life issues, and its going to the dogs, because many of its members cannot utilise the forum in the way it was meant to be utilised. Prats!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by elysiumfire
Oh for goodness sake! What the hell is wrong with you people! Ok, so you experience a power cut...so bloody what! OOOOHHH! It's strange, weird, they're coming to get me, ooohh...scary, frightening...tremble tremble. Next thing you'll be complaining that the daylight is the wrong colour, or it's too dim or dark. Have none of you seriously nothing better to do than to drum up conspiracies out of nothing to try and scare each other with? Is this the only way you can reach out to each other? Shame! Shame! Shame!

Here we have a very large forum for discussing maturely and intelligently real life issues, and its going to the dogs, because many of its members cannot utilise the forum in the way it was meant to be utilised. Prats!

Your a disinfo agent!!

Probably sent by CIA, we know man!

Just kidding, but I must say calm down, this is a forum where we "discuss" things, as long as it goes by the rules, we can talk about ANYTHING.

Actually your kind of posts might be more damaging to this site, people with actual real stories to share, will hesitate because of the fear of posts like yours.

Of course it's just your opinion, but this forum wouldn't exist if everyone was against sharing their stories and conspiracies etc.

So basically stay out of a topic you don't wanna read, quite simple actually.

Peace.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Actually he only seemed to be asking if other people were experiencing the same thing. No a few power cuts is not strange, but if it seems to be happening all over the country then yes it is strange...

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Guess I shouldn't start that thread about spotting upsidedown clouds anyhow......................

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Can't say I've noticed anything odd with the electricity etc, but I have noticed how it suddenly goes dark far earlier than it should. maybe it's just because the skies are full of dark, dismal rain clouds?
I'm afraid that summer as a British season is now a thing of the past. . . In fact all our seasons are mixed up! No snow in winter, no frost until February, gales in the spring. . . All we seem to get now is rain, rain and more rain! God I'm depressed.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isn't noticing strange things going on with the electricity a mature and intelligent topic for conversation? I fear the only prat on here is you my friend!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

I looked at sunset times over the years. 6th September 2008 has nearly 2 min less daylight than last year. Not much difference so I think it is the clouds. I noticed the same thing as well. Darker, colder and wetter far sooner than it has any rights to!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Hi There,

Holetastingofmint:

I fear the only prat on here is you my friend!

Not at all, I think I'm in good company...fear not!

Umbra45

No, a few power cuts is not strange, but if it seems to be happening all over the country then yes it is strange...

Agree. Yet it isn't happening all over the country, and power cuts are not strange in the least. If (and it's a big 'IF') power was to shut down all over the country at the same time, that would be something to be concerned about, but a generator or transmission station going down for a short while until it is fixed is not. I hardly think it is something to start a thread about on a forum that deals in conspiracies...c'mon people, let's keep perspective here; and that folks, was the point of my little tirade. Keeping things in context and persepctive. Let us not fall into the circle of stirring suspicion and fear.

As for the weather...well, it has been another dismal summer, but not quite as bad as it's been for those poor souls in the Carribbean or in New Orleans; again, let's keep things in perspective. It feels to me as though the seasons are occurring a month or so out of traditional sequence. Remember February of this year, we had a two week summer in that month. Now that was strange, but quite a welcome respite from the dark of the winter.

Sorry if I offended anyone...peace.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join