It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visitors from Other Worlds - The Problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I think like quite a few people who look at the good evidence that shows at least some species "out there" visit this planet, I developed quite an appetite for "more".

Unfortunately the problem is even with the best cases we are stuck with looking at craft, whether they sit in the middle of a frozen lake, fly anonymously around parts of Belgium, or idle by above people in Phoenix - it leaves us with little comprehension of the motives of the people inside them - effectively isolating them from us.

The craft these people ride in are no more than advanced walls, seperating two very different groups of people from each other, or at least I think maybe different, I don't know and I can't say as all I can look at is a pane of shiny alloy, a dark black stealthy surface, or a barrier of bright lights way up in the sky.

I think the same applys for the people in these craft though as well. Walls isolate people on both sides, even perforated with one way glass portholes, 3d hologram projectors or telepathic projectors the physical barrier stops natural interaction, encourages barbaric behaviour from the people on the other side, and halts progress in embracing all life.

Earth might be a barbaric world in comparison to other places, but our peoples and cultures are a natural part of the Universe, with as much right to be here as any other backwater world out there!

To show my (mild) annoyance at the backwards technology of walls seperating peoples and cultures I made a poster advertising Earth.

Poster : Earth - More than a Safari (I was going to embed it but it has mild references to swearing)

Perhaps we could have some other posters advertising moral or good reasons to get out and Explore Earth, perhaps it might give the confidence to an offworld visitor one day to truly step into the unknown and make history!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I believe there is a multitude of reasoning to explain why they are separating themselves and not making direct contact (this is not including evidence of abductions and whatnot, I am leaving that out for now as that is a more controversial subject than mere UFO sightings).

1. They are on scientific missions to explore the species of this planet. Much like watching an animal documentary where there is an unspoken rule that despite what is occurring, to preserve its sterile scientific value, no interference should be caused.

2. They are distancing themselves from what they consider to be 'sub-standard' lifeforms so as not to taint their own sterility.

3. They are watching us nonchalantly waiting for us to destroy ourselves so they can move in and take over the planet.

These are just 3 examples I can think of off the top of my head.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I think if they see your poster they WILL think Earth is a backwater. That looks like a 5 year old did it, and the use of vulgar language only indicates your IQ!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
OK Maybe backwater was a little over the top, I agree with something along the lines of Kryties post re studying,disinterest,scientific missions etc - the thing is regarding scientific missions surely WE are the most interesting things on this planet?

I know it sounds a little conceited but surely to ignore us and disengage from the pre-dominant lifeform on the planet hints at some deep chasm between us and "them"? I'll try to show my point (perhaps not to clearly!) with;

Soccoro Encounter - The beings landed their egg shaped craft in a barren DESERT for gods sake! from the rocks and cactus they were lucky enough for a human to come along in his vehicle - Zamora - whereupon they took one look and got the heck out of there! I won't have a go at analysing their intentions too much but there was no wave, no loitering to see what the person would do, no attempt at at engagement between people from two different worlds - nada and nought! For beings with such technological prowess is it too much to ask?

Valensole Case- No interest in us again here, they were studying Lavender PLANTS for christ sake! again a hapless Human comes along, in this case to be zapped with a ray gun! And what happens after they shoot the human? The beings went back to studying the Plant!!

Theres also lots of shooting and other unfriendliness in the Colares incident.

To Watch n Learn;

Regarding my vulgarity it was partially meant in jest, yet I think you illustrate part of my point, to quote you;

"use of vulgar language only indicates your IQ"

There are many billions of us here on Earth, many of us swear a lot, many of us don't, some are smart relative to standardised IQ test's, some are not. Some of us are quite friendly and others rather unpleasant, we do some terrible things (worse than swearing anyway!) like wars and racism, or eating various other living lifeforms.

Perhaps these things are bad, but if a group of people feel our actions indicate our IQ relative to some ideal THEY define, they deny the natural diversity of a Universe which we all share!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by stringue

Maybe the aliens were told by their commanders to avoid humans at all cost. We have a very violent tendency, and killed over 50 million of our own during WWII, not to mention used the most destructive weapons yet on our own kind. Just imagine what we would do to other worlds if unleashed.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by stringue

You have made a very good point in a humorous way. I loved your cartoon. The detractors who have responded so far have only bolstered your point.

top topics

join