It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do Democrats Insist on Playing Group Politics?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I was just curious if anybody could answer this...

Democrats seem to have an incessant need to break us down into groups, and then try to position themselves as being able to solve a particular group's problems.

They have all these issues on their web sites:

gay issues
lesbian issues
transgender issues
black issues
hispanic issues
women's issues
organized labor issues
etc..

The ultimate example of this may have been when Nancy Pelosi was trying to push through the resolution condemning Turkey for its alleged genocide of Armenians between 1915-1923. Have we really gone this far that the Dems have to break things down into having resolution for Armenians because of something that happened in 1923?

On the other hand, the Republicans seem to focus on issues for the country overall...

Strong military and defense
Smaller government
Lower taxes
less regulation
etc.

So why do you think this is? Why do Democrats seem to focus on group politics and Republicans focus on issues common to everybody?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

Democrats seem to have an incessant need to break us down into groups, and then try to position themselves as being able to solve a particular group's problems.

gay issues
lesbian issues
transgender issues
black issues
hispanic issues
women's issues
organized labor issues
etc..

The ultimate example of this may have been when Nancy Pelosi was trying to push through the resolution condemning Turkey for its alleged genocide of Armenians between 1915-1923. Have we really gone this far that the Dems have to break things down into having resolution for Armenians because of something that happened in 1923?

On the other hand, the Republicans seem to focus on issues for the country overall...

Smaller government
Lower taxes
less regulation
etc.

So why do you think this is? Why do Democrats seem to focus on group politics and Republicans focus on issues common to everybody?

OH give me a break... how much $$$$$$$$ are you getting paid?

You have posted nothing here but political spin.

DEMOCRATIC issues ARE AMERICAN ISSUES!

I will start NOW!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   

The Problem

A 20th Century Structure for 21st Century Problems: We have inherited a national security structure that was developed and organized in the late 1940s to win the Cold War. It remains a rigid bureaucracy of government agencies, relying upon a restrictive and disconnected set of legal authorities.
New Leadership and Vision is Needed: America simply cannot afford more of the old approach to our national defense. Instead, it needs a Commander-in-Chief with the right combination of judgment, vision, and leadership for the 21st century.
A Military Under Strain: Currently, our soldiers, seamen, airmen and Marines are deployed around the globe, working valiantly to defend our nation. Yet, these heroes are under-resourced and asked to do too much by a policy that has too often taken their sacrifice for granted. Due to their incredible courage and ingenuity, they persevere, but at incredible cost to themselves and their families.
Recruitment and Retention Problems: A country of 300 million strong should not struggle to find enough qualified citizens to serve. Recruiting and retention problems have been swept under the rug by an administration that does not understand the value of service to our nation.
A System Not Serving our Troops as Well as They Serve Us: As the shameful events at Walter Reed Army Medical Center and the recent reports on growing numbers of homeless and unemployed veterans show, we simply are not taking proper care of our wounded warriors and veterans.
Barack Obama's Plan.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by Crakeur]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

Why do you believe he will do all those things in that op-ed piece?

Has he done similar things before that show a pattern for those policies?

The only pattern I see is..."its what America wants to hear".

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mhc_70

I am posting Obamas platform...

Read it/ I'm busy

And I want JAMIE to point out how many times he identifies the
words.

BLACK
WHITE
HISPANIC
GAY
etc...

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
jamie83,

You actually just answered your own question. It's fundamental and is based on philosophy.

Liberalism is based on more government control through entitlement. Since FDR and his creation of the welfare state the Democratic party has grown through creating entitlements for special interest groups such as the ones you described above. The result is a base that is completely dependent on government funding with the thought process of "The individual cannot acheive sucess without the assistance of the local, state and federal government (in the form of ever increasing entitlements).

It may have started with welfare and unionization but it has now grown out of control where those with the loudest voice get the attention, or what I call the squeaky wheel syndrome. Now, even during years where entitlements do not receive the full amount of $$$$'s requested they scream cuts, cuts, cuts!!!

Do you know that if we were to freeze spending for one year. NOT cut spending but just freeeze it at the previous years levels, that we could balance the budget very quickly? But I digress....

Just look at the groups you have listed and the answer is right in front of you. They have fallen victim to their own devices and all we conservatives can do is keep them in check...some how. Therein lies the rub.

More Government versus Less Government and if you want to throw in the Libertarians...No government! Hehe

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   

* Create a Credit Card Rating System to Improve Disclosure: Obama will create a credit card rating system, modeled on five-star systems used for other consumer products, to provide consumers an easily identifiable ranking of credit cards, based on the card's features. Credit card companies will be required to display the rating on all application and contract materials, enabling consumers to quickly understand all of the major provisions of a credit card without having to rely exclusively on fine print in lengthy documents.

source:
www.barackobama.com...

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by Crakeur]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator

Unless you can answer the questions I will be forced to believe you are just a sheep who is following his Messiah.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

gay issues
lesbian issues
transgender issues
black issues
hispanic issues
women's issues
organized labor issues
etc..

OKAY... THIS is about one tenth of OBAMA'S platform per BARRACKOBAMA.COM

I have yet to read anything remotely similar to what you OP states.

BARRACK is a DEM after all.

DO you need more are you taking a tally?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Unless you can answer the questions I will be forced to believe you are just a sheep who is following his Messiah.

Think what you'd like... I could care less.

Read thats all I can tell you.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Think what you'd like... I could care less.

Read thats all I can tell you.

What options have you given me?

The only thing you have to go on is because he said so, no?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Honest to God... either Jamie is being paid by the RNC or he carries Bush's piss-bucket. Every thread he starts is some Dem bashing or blindly pro Republican farce. Jamie... are you TRULY so ignorant that you don't get it? That you really don't understand the whole 2-party ploy? Wake-up dude. You're missing the entire point.

And by the way... next time you're snuggling-up to George and Dick ask them why Ron Paul has to pick-up his convention pass at the gate and return it afterwards. And why he can't take anyone in with him. Are any other Republican Congresspeople being treated similarly.

The 'Maroon Meter' is pegged.

Deny Ignorance... as if...

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Mental Modulator, just so you know I reported you for spamming that mess in the thread trying to derail the discussion. Cut and Paste does not make you intelligent.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Do you have a single original thought rattling around in that head of yours?

Spamming this thread with your Messiah's message does not constitute intelligence or understanding.

If you can't contribute something meaningful, don't "contribute" at all.

I apologize for being off topic here, but I couldn't help it.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
Mental Modulator, just so you know I reported you for spamming that mess in the thread trying to derail the discussion. Cut and Paste does not make you intelligent.

Hey my cut in paste job was making it easy on JAMIE

He make specific claims so I made it very easy for he/she to
point out the words she/he used in his OP.

Hasn't done it yet....

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

gay issues
lesbian issues
transgender issues
black issues
hispanic issues
women's issues
organized labor issues
etc..

I just posted thousands of words from SATAN himself yet not one of you
have been able to pick these phrases, mentioned above, out.

AT your finger tips none the less....

This thread is a fraud.

Maybe GODDESSARAH will save this thread?

Have fun kids...

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Yeah im done here too, but I thought I would clarify why I didn't read a single word that you copy/pasted. Because I don't give 2 poops what Obama's interns type onto the webpage. We are here for a discussion, not to read 7 pages of copy/paste thoughtless page filling. I already know what he is all about, I don't need him to tell me.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Smaller government
Lower taxes
less regulation
etc.

Well, lets look at the bang up job your Republican President, and until 2 years ago, your republican congress have done.

Strong Military and Defense:

Really? Is that why the US is spread so thin that we have to make our troops suffer through 2, 3 even 4 tours?

Smaller Goverment:

Rally? Are you joking?

lets look at government spending on these programs.

Things have been getting worse recently. In the first five years of the Bush regime, federal spending increased 45%. Readers of Mises.org may remember that they were warned about Bush's fiscal irresponsibility before he took office. For comparison's sake, during the eight Clinton years nominal federal spending increased 32%, and under Bush I federal spending increased 23% in four years. In the 2000 election, Bush II promised to shovel money into all sorts of programs — and he's kept that promise.

Source

Lower Taxes:

Ok, now youre just blowing smoke, right?

As recently as 2000, only about one million taxpayers owed the alternative minimum tax, created by a provision in the federal tax code that is supposed to prevent multimillionaires from using loopholes to avoid paying their fair share. But by the time Americans file their 2005 taxes, some 3 million taxpayers will owe the alternative tax and by 2010, nearly 30 million taxpayers will be hit - among them, a staggering 94 percent of married filers who have children and make $75,000 to $100,000.

Big families in high-tax states - New York, New Jersey, California and Massachusetts - will bear the heaviest burden, largely because the alternative tax increasingly disallows write-offs for dependents, state income taxes and local property taxes. On average, by 2010, people who make under $100,000 and owe the alternative tax will pay an additional $1,321 in federal income taxes, while alternative tax payers who make between $100,000 and $200,000 will owe an additional $2,592.
Source

Less Regulation:

Yes - and it is that same deregulation that is derailing our economy. See Freddie mac and Fannie Mae.

Get your facts straight before you post this drivel.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
President Bush is not a real Conservative. If we had a real conservative Republican we would have someone to back. Unfortunately, I cannot argue with most of you. I don't like McCain any more then I like Obama. It is my opinion that at this point in time, it does not matter who we elect, it is going to be business as usual. Those that think Obama is going to change the world are delusional in my opinion.

I think though if you were comparing the ideals and foundations of the 2 parties, the OP would be correct in his/her statements.

I tell ya, it is down right difficult to be anything but a die hard Liberal on this website. Its like they want to murder you because you go red instead of blue. It is almost scary how political some of you people are. I can't wait till the election is over and people stop being so damn evil to one another over something so out of our control.

[edit on 9/3/2008 by sputniksteve]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

History shows that there are "groups" of people that are not receiving equal treatment. Women do not receive equal pay. Someone needs to do something about it. Gay people are not permitted to get married. Someone should help to change that. Black people are disproportionately imprisoned. That needs to be rectified.

Denying all this and skipping through the daisies as if everything is all right just shows how out-of-touch most of the Republican party is with the realities of the country.

The Democratic platform to help people who AREN'T white, heterosexual, Christian men is just dealing with the way things are. REALITY.

Republicans hate when someone says that the country isn't what it could be or isn't what it should be, because they think it is! They think everything is just dandy! And anyone who wants a better America is just anti-American. Unfortunately, they cannot see the country through the eyes of these "groups" and think everything is all right the way it is.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join