It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Decay Rate Varies with Distance to the Sun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Now this could really open a can of worms.

Here’s an interesting conundrum involving nuclear decay rates.

We think that the decay rates of elements are constant regardless of the ambient conditions (except in a few special cases where beta decay can be influenced by powerful electric fields).

So that makes it hard to explain the curious periodic variations in the decay rates of silicon-32 and radium-226 observed by groups at the Brookhaven National Labs in the US and at the Physikalisch-Technische Bundesandstalt in Germany in the 1980s.

Today, the story gets even more puzzling. Jere Jenkins and pals at Purdue University in Indiana have re-analysed the raw data from these experiments and say that the modulations are synchronised with each other and with Earth’s distance from the sun. (Both groups, in acts of selfless dedication, measured the decay rates of silicon-32 and radium-226 over a period of many years.)

In other words, there appears to be an annual variation in the decay rates of these elements.

I only just discovered this so my head is still spinning a bit with possibilities, I've always believed their are no such things as constants, although the decay rate has been debated for some time already the implications could be staggering.
The first thing I thought of was of our radioactive dating methods are void.
The Sun is a area of study for me as a hobby, I'm an electric sun advocate. As mentioned above beta decay can be influenced by an intense electric field, Is it to much of a leap to suggest the sun's electric field is also having an influence here?

Source
PDF

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I'm sure that you understand the implications that this has for electric sun advocates, being that the difference in decay rates can be attributed to the strength (proximity) of the sun's electric field.

Perhaps Tesla knew more than we thought.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Loki

For sure, the past year or so has seen several confirmations for the electric sun hypothesis, while the solar scientists are puzzling over the discoveries predictions were made by EU enthusiasts and verified and then ignored.

Anyways while other possibilities exist to an answer to the decay rate the evidence in my view leads in that direction.
Yep Tesla was right and another great scientist from a hundred years ago, Kristian Birkeland also left us some valuable clues (also ignored) as did Ralph Juergens.

join