It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The increased number of people experiencing time slips and other phenomenon are only symptoms of the

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I wanted to get this idea out and see if anyone else sees it the same way i do. I think some people are confused into thinking that because more and more people are talking about timeline slips, and other various anomalys in our reality then these things are happening more often, or getting worse. Not true. It has always happened as far as i know (i remember an older gent confirming this on a different thread) so it's not anything related to CERN, it is something that many people didn't even know they had experienced until reading about it: and that is my main point. The internet age and forums like this one allow us to discuss these things in a manner that was never possible until recently, ufo sightings and other things are not new, but some argue they are happening more and more often because we are seeing it discussed more often. This is only a symptom of our ability to communicate faster and more efficiently. For example; i never would have known i experienced a time slip if i hadn't read a thread started that had a reader surprised to learn that Nelson Mandela was alive and was not killed years ago; i was just as surprised as the reader, i remember him being executed and remembered on the cover of TIME. If not for this forum, i may never have realised that my version of reality was not the correct one. I hope this makes sense, anyone that is more eloquent with their words who could add to this is very welcome.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Enigma Publius

Very interesting.. I beleive we live in an infinite possiblity universe.. So there many be one of you that has seen this time magazine article on another time line... and sometimes you remember a different timeline as your own either in dreams or in a waking state... It has happened to me as well..

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
This is the first time I've come across "Time Slips" and can't be bothered to log in and find this post.

I can only add to this by saying; I'm 30 years old and a director at my place of work, but if asked who won WWII, my immediate answer is Hitler. I know that this sounds stupid as I wasn't even born until 1978, but it honestly is the first answer I want to give.

It is also something I have looked into now and again about Hitler surviving, and escaping, by either plane or submarine but just don't know why it's stuck in my head.

Suggestions????

Remirah

p.s. I'll log in now I think.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by thefreepatriot

yes, even though quantum says that parralel universes do exist, it says that it would be impossible to be aware of them. Not true. I can give 2 really good examples of a memory i have from another timeline. And i even ccame up with a good explanation for why there was a difference in the two, but it only applies to MY personal case. See, a sumary of the thread was that i was termed "miracle baby" because i was born from a reverse vasectomy when the procedure was still VERY uncertain. My parents decided to reverse it after my older brother died in a drowning accident. They were not planning on having more children until he died, and here i am! The only thing is, quantum says i would have been born one way or another, just at a different time maybe. So When i remember the challenger blowing up both when i was in the first grad (1986...the "real" date) and it blowing up when i was in the third grade...this is because if not for my father getting "fixed" in the natural timeline, thus disrupting it, there is a very good possibility i would have been born 2 years earlier than 1980...putting me in the third grade instead of first. It's confusing i know, and it only explains MY discreptancy in the challenger explosion, however it opens the door as to how others could be explained as well. There were literally almost equally divided dates that people remembered the shuttle blowing up. they were: 1983, 1986, 1989, with about 40% remembering it as 1986, around 35% for '89' and 25% for 1983. See, challenger was remembered differently by so many people that it stands out very clearly, and i am saying this isn't new, but it is more recognized because of forums like this where we communicate in ways we didn't previously. So i'm trying to say that it is not happening more often, it's just recognized more often; because i had no idea about the "real" first grade memory UNTIL i read the thread about Challenger, until then the only memory i had of the event had it happening in class on tv in 3rd grade...which is impossible in this timeline, just like Mandella, i was not aware of a difference until it was pointed out. The internet is responsible for making us more aware, and at times that is mistaken for the events happening more often.
p.s. i know i jump all over the place and i'm sorry. I've never been able to fix that. so anyone reading this that understands what i'm trying to convey and who can put it in a fromat more easily understood PLEASE feel free!
here's the links to the challenger discussions, first the long one with everyone's experiences, then my very unpopular thread on my personal take on why it happened IN MY CASE:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Hmmm, the same thing happened to me a few months ago, i was under the assumption that actor Jack Palance had died maybe 15 - 20 years ago. I remember seeing it on the news, I remember my mother talking about him.

Yet, i read on the net that he died about 18 months ago! Well I thought maybe I'm going crazy, but I was sure I was right so I typed 'Jack Palance died years ago' into Google and was surprised to see there were quite a few references to people who believed that maybe some sort of time anomaly/ alternate life type shenanigans maybe occurring! (Including a guy in the link below)

Any one else remember Jack passing away along time ago...?!

Jack Palance Timeslip?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Steel77

it always seems to invilve famous people or events, i think this is because they (the events) are known to all people so are more easily identified...do u have an opinion as to wrether or not these time slips AND ufo sightings are increased only in awareness and not occurance? With the widespead use of these forums and being able to google it as you said, it seems like a good theory.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I am very curious because I have had the slight feeling that the timeline was altered in some way, but nothing specific to point out. But I was thinking that if someone were to keep a journal, marking down major events for themselves, if someone were to change the timeline would thier version vary from the "current timeline" in thier journal? This can be looked at with a lot of speculation, but if someone had control of all the media that was published in a timeline, they could change it to whatever they wanted...however, I am not too sure that someones personal logs would be changed if the person in control of all the publications/media didn't know about them.

I guess I am misunderstanding the physics of it all...specific memories of events would have to be altered in such a way that it could "fill in the gaps" of altered information. Millions die every year, and it would be very time consuming for someone to log every death, or every major instance of something. But how would someone know exactly what to log in thier journal? If specific events were designed to never happen after they had, how do you hide all of it, especially memories?

This is just very perplexing to me. I am thinking it has more to do with the discovery of singularity than anything...but I dont want to riddle this post with theories of science since it seems not to deal anything with it.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taledus
I am very curious because I have had the slight feeling that the timeline was altered in some way, but nothing specific to point out. But I was thinking that if someone were to keep a journal, marking down major events for themselves, if someone were to change the timeline would thier version vary from the "current timeline" in thier journal? This can be looked at with a lot of speculation, but if someone had control of all the media that was published in a timeline, they could change it to whatever they wanted...however, I am not too sure that someones personal logs would be changed if the person in control of all the publications/media didn't know about them.

I guess I am misunderstanding the physics of it all...specific memories of events would have to be altered in such a way that it could "fill in the gaps" of altered information. Millions die every year, and it would be very time consuming for someone to log every death, or every major instance of something. But how would someone know exactly what to log in thier journal? If specific events were designed to never happen after they had, how do you hide all of it, especially memories?

This is just very perplexing to me. I am thinking it has more to do with the discovery of singularity than anything...but I dont want to riddle this post with theories of science since it seems not to deal anything with it.

NO NO! no worries friend, everything you mentioned is relevant and belongs here...it's a huge subject! I think that if u logged thes things personally it would change all by itself, and i'll tell u why: You remember my false memory of the challenger blowing up when i was in 3rd grade instead of first? Well i remember it clearly because i wrote my first ever book report on it, but guess what? My mother kept everything i ever did in elementary school, if you read about my brother dying and the likely hood that she saw me as a replacement (a precious one) for a loss, then u will believe me when i say she kept EVERYTHING, so a first book report would be in that collection for sure... well i went to her house after i realized it actually happened in '86 instead of '89...and the book report had CHANGED...it was still shuttle related, but now dealing more with Sally Ride (astronaut and teacher) instead of primarily on the explosion. So there you go, believe it or not, the report changed all on it's own and i had no memories of the Sally Ride report UNTIL i read the first line of it, then it all was there; not "it all came back to me" mind you, it was just there. Very intereting.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
This is interesting. For me every beeing carries around his own version of reality, as he experienced it an can remember. Everyones access to any kind of "reality" is limited to his own senses - so when we do meet each other, it is more of a "common" intersection we have to find. We have luck that most of our common sense comes by the unified media, so not much room for individuality - but you decide.

Remember "Einstein" telling: "So your quantum physics experiments tells us the moon isn't there in the case no one looks at it?" - but guess whats in our mind while the whole humanity does look in a huge big flash mob one night to the ground only ?? The moon does not disappear out of reality, it is still in everybodies mind, in everybodies realiity. The question should have been: why does it reappear?

Now this brings us to the situation with many people standing in circles, singing harmonic melodies to get their minds together to get this "big huge no one knows how they did it" megalith rock on top of the two others to form the nice Dolmen spread around by ancient cultures.

Am i the only one to see the same pattern behind it ?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Well as you say, they usually involve famous events and people, so I guess it's possible that it's just a low percentage of people who are just mis-remembering what happened at the time.
It may only seem like a large percentage of people due to the fact that we are able to scour the internet blogs and forums, yet in reality millions more people who witnessed the event don't see anything wrong. the memory does play tricks so who knows.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I was an only child too, and my mother kept everything so I understand
. I too remember the explosion happening in 86' cause I was in first grade at the time...very peculiar. But something happened today, very wierd on a personal level...but I think I have a working theory because of it (I hate theories) pertaining to the time-slips, but it is too complex for me to elaborate on prematurely without facts, so I will post something if I can determine something more solid. It will take me a bit of time, but I cannot guarentee that I will not get side tracked by something else because of the flood of things that run through my head

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I woked for a NASA contractor at the time and I will state that Sally Ride was the first female astroanut aboard the first shuttle flight with Bob Crippen. Christa McCopllough was the teacher from Massachusetts who died on the Challenger along with Judith Resnick. Either I am right, or I imagined my whole experience at KSC. Please tell me I'm right. I still have much of my memorabilia from that time.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
i haven't googled the space shuttle blowing up..so here is my memory of it.

year uncertain lol..barely know what year this is...

date January 28th
i was eating my birthday cake ..with friends and family ..watching the launch..
and booom..
for 5 year's after the blow up all i heard was joke's like...
what does NASA stand for?...need's another seven astronauts .
stuff like that

and the new's showing that school teacher's class live on tv..bust out in tear's..

i especial remember a chunky girl in her class crying for the camera man.

either way i know for sure it was on my birthday lol

then i watched the cartoon "The little's"

[edit on 4-9-2008 by beforetime]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
annonymous: i'm pretty sure you are right...my bad. Also, it's interesting some of theideas ya'll have brought up, i'm thinking about all of it.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

I was watching the Littles too lol!!!

Hey wait... maybe there is something to that, being programed with a show about strange humanoids when the shuttle gets blown?

Nawwww !

But lol, I really was watching the littles also

[edit on 6-9-2008 by mopusvindictus]

new topics

top topics

join