It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TuneUp Utilities ... Anyone Use This ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
TuneUp Utilities

TuneUp Utilities 2008: The complete Windows optimization package.The Highlights: Boosts system performance by defragmenting hard drives; Identifies and deletes non-required files; Deactivates unused Windows functions; Effortlessly solves common computer and display problems; Offers more than 400 options to customize Windows; Analyzes the file system and corrects errors; Performs maintenance functions with a single click.

Linky

This sounds pretty good, anyone using it ?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
don't do it, it will cause issues.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

That's why I asked first

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
i use it, its good, i havent had any issues with it.

if the poster above has issues with it, please explain because i have no idea what youre talking about.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Have you got that E machine up and running yet Elev...chop chop..

and Soon said don't do it !!!!!!!!!

I say unless it's the e machine

they (geeks) read the help files and manuals that come with software so...
I suggest you keep your experimentation to the e machine... it costs less...

Playing with system configuration and optimization comes after you learn to make and delete partitions, install an Operating system and drivers and updates and know your way around abit .

and never forget READ READ READ...

Happy learning

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by The Utopian Penguin

Nah... The emachien is still down... I have an xp disc now though and just waiting to catch up with my "expert" to walk me through it.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
You can read up on TuneUp Utilities 2008 and study it ...learning what settings it alters and such theres lots of reading there...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
mmm I used to use tuneup. I cant remember what it was like on XP but if you are a vista user it will eventualy break your OS. As in things stop working the way they should. Its kinda hard to explain but I wouldnt use it on my mahcines any more except for the reg defrag tool and the file recover tool.

edit - Like mrmonsoon should have said before, when you do the reg clean up and system cleaning tools it "cleans" files it probably shouldnt be touching. When I used it programs stoped working right after a while. And windows apps seemed to break as well.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by funky monk]

new topics

top topics

join