It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thai Airports Closed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Thai Airports Closed

www.bangkokpost.com

he PAD - People's Alliance for Democracy - early on Friday pushed police out of Government House in Bangkok, convinced the railway union to stop all trains nationwide, and blockaded tourist-centric airports in Phuket and Hat Yai in the South.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Sorry this is breaking news so I do not have the full info.

I live in phuket and the Thai TV news is not in English.

My girlfriend tells me they say tourists are having to climb over the airport walls to get to their flights!!

More info on the phuket forum

www.phuket-info.com...

www.bangkokpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
We have had a number of service interruptions lately. Within days. Very odd. And something to keep our eye on. I knew the Brownies would lose again tonite. And six first stringer went down with injury. In my best NY acsent...fo...get about it.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Tensions increasing.. People forget that Samak was directly involved in the 92 tammarsat massacre..

I read they found caches of weapons and ammunition in Gov house..

Lets just hope this can end without some kind of face lost aggression snap.

Comments from a local

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Holy crap
My sister is in thailand , hope to god things dont get to voilent

Il try and ring her to get updates

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I think she will be fine if she stays away from any crowds. That is a recommendation from the British Foreign Office.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Do you think maybe this is the kind of thing that should be done by the people of the US/UK?

When they know their Government is corrupt and bad for the people they take action here!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
She is in phuket and is planned to be there for the next week
Il get in contact with her later today and ask her what its like on the streets there

link   
Also note that Viktor Bout (Merchant of Death / Lord of War) is (said to be) in prison in Bangkok...

link   
Just watching live TV coverage of Phuket airport....there is a large crowd of protesters blocking access to the airport.....NO Violence!!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Dont worry I am living here in Patong, Phuket. Streets are normal! It was the same during the last coup that ousted Thaksin.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
How cool is that to have members from all around the world. Thank you for the update. Hellmut I've seen those Russian sheperds in action. They are incredibly highly trained dogs. You say jump and they pop eight feet and say. Is that good enough?

[edit on 8/29/2008 by jpm1602]

[edit on 8/29/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej chairs an urgent meeting with army top brass on Friday afternoon amid rising political tension after police clashed with anti-government protesters.

The Nation

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Some 5,000 policemen left the Government House compound at 3:30 pm Friday.

They left the compound through Gate 5.

Following their pullout, protesters moved in to occupy the area and searched through it.

The metropolitan police chief, Pol Lt Gen Asawin Kwanmuang, also ordered police outside Government House to return to their bases.

The Nation

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Power cut threatened as protests spread

Anti-government protesters on Friday threatened to shut down Mae Noh power plant, as call for an uprising has triggered raillies at southern airports and disrputed train services. A university radio station was seized and large numbers of people were believed to be heading to Government House.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Go on Thailand,get in there!!!

I wish everyone out there the very best,hope anyone who doesn't want to get caught up in this,doesn't. And i hope that those who are,don't get f'd over by those 'in charge'

This is what we need world wide. There's loads more of us than there are of them. If the people stood up and said,"OI YOU NO,GET OUT" they wouldn't be able to do an awful lot.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Protesters storming Phuket Airport

A number of protesters pushed through police barriers and stormed into the runway and the passenger building at Phuket Airport on Friday.

They committed vandalism by breaking windows at the VIP room.

The provincial governor was trying to negotiate with organisers from the local chapter of the People's Alliance for Democracy. Protesters said they were angry that the airport allowed the state carrier, Thai International Airways, to continue its flights.

The Nation

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
THAI labour union calls for its members to take leave
By The Nation
Thai International Airways' Labour Union has called for its members to take leave immediately to protest the police's use of forces against anti-government protesters on Friday.

Now this is what I call ACTION !

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Oh boy....heavy sigh. Thailand has man upped. I wonder when the usa will do the same.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
AOT confirms all flights to and from Phuket, Hat Yai, Krabi cancelled

The acting president of Airports Authority of Thailand confirmed Friday evening that all flights to and from Phuket, Hat Yai and Krabi international airports were cancelled and the airports will be closed indefinitely.

Serirat Prasutanont, the acting president of the AOT, said the airports will remain closed indefinitely until the situation changes.

The Nation

top topics

<<   2 >>

join