It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Attack Ad Targets Hot Dogs, Citing Dubious Cancer Risk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

New Attack Ad Targets Hot Dogs, Citing Dubious Cancer Risk

www.foxnews.com

The commercial's pro-vegetarian sponsors say it's a dramatization that highlights research linking processed meats, including hot dogs, with higher odds of getting colon cancer.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I guess I'm just gobsmacked as our Brit friends say...there seems to be no end to the things they will try to link to cancer.

I realize that hot dogs are not health food and are fattening especially if you make a steady diet of them.

It just seems folks with an agenda will seemingly link just about anything with anything else they can come up with ...just to scare the hell out us.

The article says near the end that the same could be said for bologna or bacon...

here's the key...all things in moderation...

and one last observation...is no one honest anymore?...seems like EVERYTHING these days is somehow agenda driven!

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Its the way of the world today, everyone has an agenda of some type and everyone will do what they have to do get that adgenda fullfilled.
In the U.K. we get this sort of thing all the time, one day they say chocolate is bad then the next they say it is good then the next red wine was bad then it was good.
Like you said the best way is everything in moderation.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
If we listen to what they say we should all lock ourselves up in a bubble because EVERYTHING causes cancer nowadays.

They allow farmers to give their cows growth hormones and anibiotics but it's ok for us to eat the meat and drink the milk. They allow them to put cloned meat on the market without our knowledge. Hey it's ok for us to be forced to drink water saturated with flouride, but hey don't eat a couple of hot dogs because it'll kill ya !

I personally think it stinks that they used children to get their message across. Using scare tactics like that on parents ! Hey moms don't feed your kids hot dogs, or you'll be responsible for them getting colon cancer at a young age ! The advertising companies have really gotten desperate when they start using children for scare tactics ! And can you imagine the poor little kids that see that ad and start telling their parents that they can't eat hot dogs because they'll get cancer !

I agree with making the school lunches more nutrtious. But if they want to pressure the school boards then that's who they should target. Don't make some commercial using scare tactics and play it on television where it may very well be young children that are being scared.

[edit on 27/8/08 by chise61]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join