It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At what point will real science interest you more?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This is interesting and something I didnt know ..Science and UFO peoples dont agree on their being life on other planets ?

To answer the question though ...when someone can come up with a definition of what real science is because really that comes down to ones own interpretation of what real science is..it just like people reading the bible people interpret it differently which is why there are so many Denominations ...same thing with Science ......wouldnt you say ?..................

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

Well I understand your point about Astronomical Research I think it's great and more time and money should be going towards it along with the study of UFO's and possible ET life. You got to consider this though, are you always being told the truth?

As for the form of the ET's the human form, yes it's debatable as to why they have our form. Here's an observation that people have made, the more intelligent the species on earth (like apes) the closer they are to our form and to walking upright. Why would it be a shock that aliens carry the same form? Gray's may not exist, but I don't think it would be odd or contradictory to science if they did.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

This is interesting and something I didnt know ..Science and UFO peoples dont agree on their being life on other planets ?

no , many scientists think there will be life on other planets they just think we're not being visited

as for real science, i'm talking about the real astronomical research that goes on today.

Will you be a star and join GalaxyZoo2 and contribute to the knowledge of mankind?. You get your name in a picture like thiswww.galaxyzoo.org... & the satisfaction of advancing mankinds knowledge of the universe.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by asmall89

Why would it be a shock that aliens carry the same form?

it wouldnt be , thats why i think theyre described that way. To make it more believable

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Now I'm not sure I believe that we are being visited by extraterrestrials per se, but I find it hard to believe so many people are lying or delusional as to having experienced nothing "out of the ordinary".

I also think a large number of astronomers, biologists, and physicists believe that it's highly likely that we are not alone in the Universe.

I heartily recommend David Grinspoon's book Lonely Planets.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by round_eyed_dog

its interesting your the 3rd person to say a good reason why they would be visiting is becuase we're likely not alone. I dont know of any scientist not even the rare earthers think we are alone in the universe.

you make the leap of existing somehwere to visiting earth very easily.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
reply to post by round_eyed_dog

its interesting your the 3rd person to say a good reason why they would be visiting is becuase we're likely not alone. I dont know of any scientist not even the rare earthers think we are alone in the universe.

you make the leap of existing somehwere to visiting earth very easily.

Did you miss the part where I said I'm not sure I believe we are being visited by extraterrestrials? Not to be rude, but you may want to read a full post before commenting on it.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

lol no of course not. i just dont think anyone is visiting earth.

What made you arrive at that conclusion? Your thread comes across as divisive (either choose nonsensical ufology or choose rational science). Since you are obviously not well read on the subject matter I'm going to give you a free pass.

1) Paul R. Hill- Read about Paul Hill here on wikipedia. Look at his career and then come back and honestly tell me this man doesn't know science. Look at the positions he held at Langley Research Center. Look at the areas he not only participated in but supervised.

2) Clyde Tombaugh- Who is Mr. Tombaugh? Well he discovered Pluto. I suppose that might be related to science and of some significance. Let's see what else... he built his first telescope, earned astronomy degrees from two different universities, worked at the White Sands Missile Range in the 1950s, and taught astronomy later in his life at New Mexico State Univ.

3) J. Allen Hynek- Ph.D. in astrophysics and former UFO skeptic. He specialized in the study of stellar evolution.

4) Hermann Oberth- Was Hermann interested in "real science?" Let's take a look! By golly he was! Hermann Julius Oberth was one of the founding fathers of rocketry and astronautics. He was a mentor to Wernher von Braun who would later develop the V-2 rocket.

5) Maurice Biot- Ph.D. in aeronautical science and the founder of the theory of poroelasticity.

I could go on, but I think you get the point. All of these men were serious scientists who believed UFOs had an out of this world origin. Whether "grey aliens" are in fact in some of these unconventional objects is a hypothesis. Yeti please read more about the subject matter before you come to this board stirring up folks and painting ufology in a bad light.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

im sorry my original post was quite offensive. i should have written it diffirently.

my personal conclusion is some aerial phenomena remain unidentified. But i dont think they are alien spaceships. I think maybe im biased becuase i had a sighting of my own. And if my sighting is typical of what other people are reporting as alien craft i would say they are wrong.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

No worries.

Care to elaborate more on your sighting? Or is there a thread for it somewhere I can look...

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

sorry no thread but i might do one for you all. Thing about my sighting was someone caught it on video camera. The story appeared in a newspaper with a still image from the camera footage. My friends agreed it was the same thing we saw.

i need to track down what newspaper it was and see if i can find it. I may even try find the cameraman and do an interview

p.s we saw an orange orb or more accurately a circle of orange light.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by yeti101]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

Most of the sightings are nocturnal lights. I like the Close Encounters of the First, Second and Third types. They are the ones that interest me. The witnesses get a good close up of a possible craft of some sort.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

do you think the stories of the abductees being anally probed are true?

p.s i edited my OP to be less offensive

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   

you think the greys are from mars? come on man EVERYONE knows theyre from zeta reticula

you need to brush up on your grey mythology

No. Let me clarify my statment.

I was making the point that if we, as human beings, wish to venture away form our home, then it stands to good reason they would have the same desire.

People have always been explorers... I think it's our nature to want to understand and learn more about our world, and beyond.

Why wouldn't that same trait be a part of the extra terrestrial's being?

I mean... it seems like the desire to explore could be linked to some survival instinct, though I have no documented basis for that. Perhaps an understanding of one's own environment would give you an edge over unfamiliar predators? Anyway... this is all conjecture, I admit, but I still don't see why they wouldn't desire to explore. That was my point.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fastwalker81

Originally posted by Stockburn
I think the myth of aliens (greys) will be around for quite some time, some people refuse the truth and that it is impossible (as we know it), to travel from any solar system to another in a short time. Look at Voyager(s) [2], they just made it to the cusp outer edge of our solar system in 30 years.

So because we cannot travel to other solar systems in short time means nobody can?

If you were to somehow go 400 years back in time and claim you could fly from Londen to New York in less then 3 hours with more then 100 people at a time you would be burned at the stake.

So true, and too bad that plane was decomm'd.
Never said nobody can. I merely stated in less or more words, you can't nor can anyone [that we know of] refute the law of physics.

Too bad you and I won't be alive to celebrate it one way or the other.

Good luck in your search,

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
So basicly every witness that has seen or been abducted by greys in the world is lying , yes abductions occur all around the world , not just in Usa like i have seen some claiming in hthis forum.
And when i say witness i am talking about people from every social status , from farmers to enginners , lawyers etc.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I am going to address your OP, OP.

I cannot imagine a time when science will interest me more than it does now. I welcome such a time with open arms, mind and spirit. I love the scientific process -- WU LI -- a chinese term.... it [roughly] translates to:

1. physics
2. beauty
3. patterns of organic energy

ahhhhhhh, I like the latter the best. Patterns. Gestalt. A perception of organization within the matrix of a system. It leads one to a conclusion, and, if properly outlined, is testable, and often (at least in my own experience) leads towards conclusions that are in juxtaposition against my own preconceptions. Thus, they tend to lead toward ideas that resonate as truth.

As to the greys and all that.... I believe they exist. I do not have any personal recollection of interaction with them. I believe they are either malevolent, or unconcerned with human welfare.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
reply to post by yeti101

The idea that we are alone is egotistical at the very least.
1. Astronomers have discovered hundreds of exoplanets revolving around stars, some with more than one. Planets are very common.
2. As instruments get more sophisticated, Earth type planets will possibly be detected.

Gliese 581c seems to be a candidate for a habitable earth-like planet around the star Gliese 581, 20.5 light-years away.

About the first place scientists point their equipment capable of such detection they find it.

It suggests they should be abundant.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

Look, some of these people really believe they seen these things. Now, I myself believe they don't exist and that there is a logical explaination to all this paranormal phenomena. Such as plasma in the atmosphere and electromagnetic fields causing hallucinations.

I have also come to the conclusion that people post wierd things on this forums as a sort of a role play fantasy to them or maybe they are just sociopaths. Who knows. But its time for people to actually educate themselves and then make an educated guess as to what happened to them. Senses and vision can be manipulated. Stress, lack of sleep, nutrient deficency and drugs can lead to hallucinations. Don't believe everything you see. Reality isn't reality, so to speak.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by round_eyed_dogNow I'm not sure I believe that we are being visited by extraterrestrials per se, but I find it hard to believe so many people are lying or delusional as to having experienced nothing "out of the ordinary".

Uhm, we have a great mass of christians claiming experiences.

I think that a lot of ppl let their emotions get in the way of logic. We are aware yes, but thus far we have been given no proof whether or not this awareness exists for a reason.

I will admit now, as I have before, that I tend toward believing there is a Creator of sorts, but I don't hold so fast to this belief that I would die for it.. I don't believe that a Creator would require such a thing given that I have no proof but possess the ability for intelligence... so I don't worry about it so much.

Same thing goes with other beings. Logically, considering what we have been shown... all the galaxies and such, I tend toward believing there is life somewhere out there, but I really do doubt now that they are visiting our planet based on the "witnesses" claims...

What is the point? What do they want and if they do want something, why wouldn't they have made it known considering that we have been around long enough to have been shown.

I definately don't subscribe to the fact that they are coming to control us or they would have easily done so already.. we are not THAT advanced that we could fight such a thing
and they are not coming to save us when well over half the ppl claiming that they are saving us from control are handing over the control of their life themselves.

It isn't so much science that leads me to this conclusion as it is logic.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by justamomma]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join