It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cows sleep North South. Should You?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
According to this article cows both graze and sleep aligning themselves north south along the magnetic plane. The article also states that there is some evidence that those who sleep east west have much shorter REM sleep cycles. I don't knoew if there is anything to this, but i know i switched my bed to east west a few years back and have had sleep troubles ever since. Couch is North south and I do just fine on that.

Cows sleep north south

[edit on 25-8-2008 by disgustedbyhumanity]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
The cattle my grandfather raised never ate north to south, neither did they sleep in that pattern. They generally slept together, facing any wich way.
When it came to grazing, they just kinda ate, they'd wander over places they'd get more food at or, keep wandering from one field to another.
Not saying this article is bogus, but me personally, I havn't observed it. If they made observations in a much larger field than my grandfathers farm, or set up some sort of variable controled expierement, then I guess my observations don't count as much.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Interesting, though I doubt that all cows sleep north to south.

I'm guessing the next thread you start will be about cows that sleep standing up, granting the anxiously waiting cow tippers an opportunity to give 'em a push?

But on a serious note, a co-worker and I had a conversation recently about sleeping north and south, as apposed to any other direction. Could sleeping this way affect our sleep patterns or dreams, or could it just cause us to wake up in a different mood? I remember skimming through a website recently that mentioned the differences.

I'm interested, thats for sure!

-Dev

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I've always slept east to west, in order to align myself with the rotation of the earth. But who knows.....

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I sleep like a log that has been lying there for years east & west. My fathers cows ate in all directions but I did notice the bull liked to mate when the cows were facing north & south.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Just reporting back. It's been about a week since I moved my bed around. I actually do feel more refreshed and I have seen a definite increase in deam activity. The dreams have been so vivid that they have woken me a few times in the middle of the night, which is highly unusual for me. There may be something to this.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
From my experience, my dreams are more vivid and I remember more of them when I sleep N/S than when I sleep E/W.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Herdsmen and hunters have long known that cattle and sheep tend to face the same direction when grazing....

I decided to do a quick and dirty survey of pictures found on Google Images of cows at pasture that are apparently stationary and, while I can't determine which direction the cows are oriented, in most cases, most of the cows in a given pasture do appear to be oriented in roughly the same direction.

It's hardly scientific, but it does correlate with the findings noted in the article.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Grazing livestock, are on the move and being a herd they go in the same direction.

Strong winds, rain will make them stand /lay with their tails to the wind.

The bedding marks that I've seen on deer is the same, any and all directions.

Roper

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Roper

I actually took that into account when I examined the pictures. I didn't say the exercise was scientific, but I did try to control for some variables and take note of cows lounging around and whatnot.

Anyone could do what I did in about twenty minutes.

It'd be interesting to see what others conclude.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
This is very interesting.
Never in a million years would I have thought of this.
I'm going to move my bed n/s to see if it works for me.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I had to go to town tonight and one of my pastures can be seen for the hi-way, well the momma cows were laying in a circle all scattered out.

I'll start paying more attention as to how cattle point themselves when at rest.

Roper

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I don't know about sleeping but all cows definitely don't exclusively graze north-south. Google up some images on cow herds and you'll see that there are plenty that show cows aligning themselves 90 degrees to each other. That means some must graze north-south, others east-west.

But I'll give the north-south sleeping a try tonight and see what happens

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by disgustedbyhumanity
According to this article cows both graze and sleep aligning themselves north south along the magnetic plane. The article also states that there is some evidence that those who sleep east west have much shorter REM sleep cycles. I don't knoew if there is anything to this, but i know i switched my bed to east west a few years back and have had sleep troubles ever since. Couch is North south and I do just fine on that.

Cows sleep north south

[edit on 25-8-2008 by disgustedbyhumanity]

Cows align themselves according too the direction of the wind and the ferocity of it.

Where I live the most common direction of the wind is either from the north, or from the south.

Anyhow, cows do what cows do regardless.

I sleep East (head) to West and belive that you get a better sleep by sleeping South (head) to North, I would change my current orientation but I heard or read somewhere that it's a bad thing too sleep with your feet pointing towards a door.

Cheers, Fox.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I remember reading once in a book written by Robert Monroe that Out of body experiences are most likely to happen while sleeping North/south.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I've always liked what this site has to say about such things.

www.leyman.demon.co.uk...

Gets a person thinking. Start messing around with divining rods and really get confused (I speak from experience)
Yeah, they work somehow and I would have been the last to think that.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
i would imagine that if its magnetic polarity that has something to do with it, then most american cows wouldnt comply with this theory, as i would think that the powerful electromagnetic fields of power lines probably disrupt their natural orientation. Just one hypothesis

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I'm still thinking about this and watching.

Did/can fences be seen on GE? You see this AM I was checking some cows that were turned out on a new pasture and most were against the N/S fence.

Roper

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The Hindu sages discovered that when a person sleeps with their head towards north, south, east or west they attract various conditions into their life. They taught that lying north and south brings peace, comfort and long life. East and west, the opposite.

Studies by Dr. Fere in 1905 and also studies by William Duchatel and Rene Warcollier have concluded this is based on fact. The latter took it further stating work should always be done from east to west. Movements from north to south are wasting effort. Conclusion, turn beds to north south and workshop tables east west. I suppose this also means computers east west.

The next house I buy will have all this taken into consideration.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I do recall being told that in Zen it is best to have the head of the bed facing North. I have tried it and it does seem to make a differance.

I'm a little speculative, I'll be honest, but there did seem to be a differance. Try it youself. See how it feels.

As far as cows, I honestly don't know. Never raised/taken care of them...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join