It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If 2012 was to happen how would we survive it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I know quite a bit about 2012 now since ive been a member and one of the theories is that theyre going to be a pole change which is possible of happening.

but if that was to happen can we survive something like that (which i think we can personally because i believe we as humans can survive just about anything) if so how

how will we survive that if it was to happen and what should we all be doing now to prepare because lets face it its best to prepare just in case because if something does happen some of us will be prepared.

so if anyone has some survival tips of some sort please post them here

Thank you.

[edit on 4/20/2008 by billyjoinedat2k8]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Just heard. 2012 has been dis proven so many times that they have moved the date back to 2050 so ya got a while yet.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by angryamerican

Erm i guessing from your post your not the biggest believer in 2012

[edit on 4/20/2008 by billyjoinedat2k8]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Nope I am not. Ive been hearing all my life how the world was gonna end on such and such date and it never does. 2012 is no different.

I am not saying the world will not end some day. Maybe soon, but I am saying nobody knows when.

I have yet to see anything even close to evidence of the so called 2012 destruction. Ive read every post Ive seen on it, to no avail. All the pictures posted of the so called rouge planet are either fake CG or show nothing destructive. Ive heard perfectly logical and plausable reasons for the Mayan calender ending when it does but they are ridiculed.

We must be ready but we must be ready for real events, ready for what can happen and not what wont. People are wasting so much time and energy talking about 2012 that they are missing the real issues of today.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Ye thats fair enough theyre isnt enough plausible fact concerning 2012 and i dont believe in Nibiru atall imim honest i think its going to be a pole change but who knows maybe something will happen maybe it wont.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
2012 theory or not, being prepared for an emergency is just good common sense. In this day and age, anything that disrupted the power grid or transportation for more than a week or two (or both say an EMP) would throw this country back to the dark ages. Our entire food supply is centralized and food would dry up within a week or two tops.

Running to the woods or a state park (without a pre-prepared stocked shelter / cave) is not a good plan because many "not so nice" people may have the same plan and be heavily armed (take what little you have brought if anything).

You cannot prepare for every kind of emergency but a good plan for most emergencies would be an out of the way stocked shelter with at least a few weeks of food and water and a recharge kit (solar, generator, crank, whatever) for batteries for your radio / cb so you can monitor what is going on around you. Try to make this "place" within a days walk if possible.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The only way to survive a pole shift is the same way you survive any catastrophe. Learn how.

Can you build a fire with nothing but what grows around you? In the rain?
Can you build a shelter that can keep you warm/cool? Without lumber or nails?
Can you find food? Without a book?
Can you make a trap? Out of naturally-occurring materials? that works?
Can you fish? Without a rod/reel setup? Without buying bait? Without a ready supply of hooks/sinkers/floats?
Can you hide? In the open field?
Can you kill an opponent? While looking in his eyes?
Can you skin, gut, and cook an animal? A man?

When you can do these things and more, you just improved your chances by 80% that you will be one of those who will survive. The situation is irrelevant. Preparedness, not just materially, but mentally, is key.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Thanks for the post but im a little bit worried now then since i dont know how do do most of those things

but all i do have is determination seriously thats probably all i have.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
billy i think it's most important for you to have surrounded yourself with like minded people that are stable and kind and secure that wont panic, but will work together when it's time to during a catastrophe.

That's the most important thing. We can't do it alone.

-

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by billyjoinedat2k8
Don't worry... worry is fear of future. And fear is always the enemy.

Instead, learn. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on here who would help you (including me). I bet there are plenty around your area too. You'll have to seek them out, as they usually live away from society.

But don't worry. It does no good.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
when 2012 hits, don't bother going to get a new winter jacket or so on. whereas the poles probably wont switch, there are more sinistar events that will take place. it will start happening as soon as the 2012 new year begins.
you'll will wake up to your morning coffee, sit down, and turn on your local or national news. there it is; a talking head is making reference to the possibility of impending doom in a mear 11 1/2 months. the smart people (or informed) already have their ideas of what is to be: pole shift, ufos, new beginning, etc... the stupid people will become even more stupid!
think back about the last time the SHTF... eight years ago, it was fabled that all computers and computer driven systems would come to a complete halt, all because of two numbers. what the hell is going to take place when some jackass on nbc tells everyone the world might come to an end? all for ratings! abc, nbc, cnn, fox, everyone telling the uninformed mental douches that life will forever change in the coming future. OUCH!
so, what is going to happen? there will be different reactions to this: person 1 will go about their business as usual, until affected by all the other people who will have adverse reactions to this news.
person 2 will begin stockpiling, maybe even quit their job several months in advance.
person 3 will start going to church ALOT more often, reunite with others they love (loved), impregnate the said loved ones.
person 4 will go freakazoid about 3 months before dec 21st. they will take what isnt theirs, harm others with no moral governor, they will take up valuable emergency resources (police), in essence, play "grand theft auto" (video game) in real life.
what will be affected by all of this? the laws of supply and demand will be so off kilter that purchasing simple things will become cumbersome. your money will not be worth what it is today (beyond conventional terms). some people will be stockpiling cash in hopes of using it december 24th. some people will have none, but will have a third bedroom full of cambell's soup and toilet paper (logical combo). what police are left will be so stretched they won't be of much service to some old grandma getting her front door kicked in by a maniac looking for "stuff". the economy will be in a pair of twisted panties because corporations will have staffing difficulties, order filling difficulties, supply/demand issues, money control problems. who will be buying new cars in 2012?... NOBODY! might as well call that industry quits until after the scare. name something that pertains to your everyday life... it will be altered. not by the event of 2012 (most likely), but by the buildup and reaction to "earth shattering news of impeding doom"
so, when we all wake up on Dec 22 2012, what will we look forward to? over crowded prisons, a broken economy, major healthcare issues due to many unplanned pregnancies (can you say baby boom... the sequel),that crazy guy at work begging for his job back. life will be very different for several years afterward.
so, how are you gunna handle it? which person will you be? the stockpiler? the born again? the maniac? or the guy that just does what he has been doing? ill be the fifth type, ill have a small farm in the rural southeast... 3 acre garden, chickens, and plenty of dogs to keep the family company. BE PREPARED!!

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Instead of retyping the whole thing, let me just copy it to this thread:

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
We know from the geological record that this has happened before. Also, we know that land masses have moved more than the spread of pangea can account for. For example, Alaska was once tropical. That is how the oil reserves were created, they are the remnants of a tropical rainforest. If it was just the spread of Pangea, it would have been farther north, and not equatorial. The earth's crust is just floating on a liquid ocean of molten rock. My research leads me to believe that it is the magnetic component that keeps it in place. On 12/21/12 our sun will be in line with the massive black hole in the center of our galaxy. This occurs once every 26,000 years. Our sun will also be at peak sunspot activity, with massive polarization fluxuations. These events combined could very well cause the earth's crust to shift. No one is talking about the effects that the massive amount of electricity we generate has on the earth's magnetic field, but I believe this will affect where the crust moves. The United States generates over 3.6 trillion kwh of electicity per year, more than any other country in the world. These factors combined might very well cause the United States to become the new north pole! I'm not one to give too much credence to any one prophet or prophecy, but too many are coming into line with this date. The end of the Mayan Calendar cycle, the I-Ching, the prediction of this being the last Pope (I can't remember the womans name, but she was around during Edgar Cayce's time), Greek and Roman Oracles, and now the Web-Bot Project (www.peoplenomics.com). Our rational minds want to dismiss anything we can't comprehend, but that does not make such things impossible! I don't think that the tetonic plates will rise and fall, but massive earthquakes, tsunamis and volcanic eruptions will occur if this happens. It will also not happen instantly, a day or two minimum. Massive loss of life will occur, but we will survive as a species. How much of our civilization's advances will be lost is entirely up to those who believe and prepare! Denver is not a good choice to ride it out as it will be in the new artic. If this theory is correct, then Australia and Western Africa (not coastal regions due to the possible 200 foot tsunamis) will be the safest due to lack of proximity to fault lines and volcanoes and that if the crust does move the United States to the north pole, these would be near the pivot points on the globe with the least movement. Regretfully, the exact pivot points will be in the Atlantic and Pacific oceans. This hypothesis is based in science, not new age mumbo jumbo, such as the "return of planet Nabiro" crap. Let's face it, we live in a very chaotic, dynamic and violent universe. Nothing lasts forever. Change is the one constant in the universe.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

How safe do you think Alaska will be then?? Loc: Alaska

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The mayans 2012 was never the end of the world, just an end of things as they were...and a time to decide. They didn't address specifically what that was.

As the world changed from the 1st earth age and is now is the 2nd [ almost 6,000 yrs old, there will be a third. Is it the same 3rd earth age as the bible says? I don't know.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
there is something called high-tech confusion.Those who said world was going to end before they did this to cause confusion and infact world will not end instead it will change and as it changes it will leave billions of people dead and those who will survive they will have new farm lands for cultivation. It is ovious that many thinks this will not happen. During Nohas flood people were told the same about rains and no body accepted so why should accecpt that? Are not the same people who said no to noha.

When things will start to happen many of us will thing its a joke but when things get worse that when we will start running here and their but it will be too late.

2012 is about what ancient civilation faced and what they wrote and it will comes to pass very soon.
be ready

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Hey Billy,

Have You Ever Heard Of David Wilcock? Well If Not Check Out His Free Movie/Video Entitled "2012 Enigma". You Can Find It On Youtube. Also Check Out His Website www.divinecosmos.com. His Take On 2012 Isn't Your Typical Doom n Gloom As Many Others Are Predicting And He Uses Science To Back Up His Claims/Beliefs. You'll Also Learn Some Interesting Things About David As Well. Now I Know Many Will Start To Bash On Mr. Wilcock But Thats Not What This Thread Is About, And I Am Simply Trying To Help The OP Learn More About 2012.

Thank You.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
We already know the sun will be doing some major stuff come 2012. According to NASA it will whipe out our power maybe for months. And it also will start a small ice age. Now I am not to worried about me and my family surviving. I am more worried about the Nuclear plants, the Prisons ect. All of which is run on electric and computers. Someone has to be there at the Nuclear plant to turn on the generators, if they will still work. Someone will also have to go and find gas for the generators, and remember if there is no power or computers it wont be easy.

Then you have tons of escapees on the lose from the prisons. As well as the local nut house. And lets just say it does get really cold where its normally warm like in Florida, and North Carolina. Are folks gonna be able to live in that cold? How many will freeze to death? Imagine folks in big Citys like Miami? How will they survive 40 below temps? With no electric. We will be talking mass deaths right there.

And we havent even looked at a pole shift yet or anything else yet. So even if you prepare there is alot of problems that will still be out there.

new topics

top topics

join