It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satellites track Mexico kidnap victims with chips

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Satellites track Mexico kidnap victims with chips

news.yahoo.com

QUERETARO, Mexico (Reuters) - Affluent Mexicans, terrified of soaring kidnapping rates, are spending thousands of dollars to implant tiny transmitters under their skin so satellites can help find them tied up in a safe house or stuffed in the trunk of a car.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

The company injects the crystal-encased chip, the size and shape of a grain of rice, into clients' bodies with a syringe. A transmitter in the chip then sends radio signals to a larger device carried by the client with a global positioning system in it, Xega says. A satellite can then pinpoint the location of a person in distress.

The chip implants have begun. Understandably so, considering the rash of violent kidnappings taking place in Mexico. But where does this leave the rest of us.

It was only a matter of time before the use of RFID chips to track people began to gather traction. I fear this is only the beginning of a mass tagging of general populations.

Things like this always start on a small scale.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8/21/2008 by maria_stardust]

[edit on 8/21/2008 by maria_stardust]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

A transmitter in the chip then sends radio signals to a larger device carried by the client with a global positioning system in it, Xega says.

I'm sure the kidnappers would be smart enough to take the 'large device' and toss it right away. False sense of security at this point. Although I do think its the 'beginning' that will be turned into something even worse than kidnapping, if that's possible.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR..... FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR...

Join in with the chorus folks!
The Governments are desperate for you to learn this tune off by heart!

FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR, GET YOUR CHIP!, GET YOUR CHIP!, CITIZEN GET YOU CHIP BECAUSE OF FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR......

TPTB are getting bloody boring.

This fear crap needs to stop. Theres nothing to fear more than big business disguised as world statesmen and leaders.

Fear sells as they say.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Dan Tanna]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

This is a highly disturbing trend. Once people start receiving chip implants as a means of tracking a person's whearabouts, it's the end of privacy as we know it.

This is slightly more invasive then the electronic monitoring devices that are slapped around a criminal's ankle while under house arrest. How many stories have you read concerning these criminals going to extreme lengths to remove these ankle accessories?

The truth is no one wants to be tracked day in, day out. It is an erosion of privacy. Something, by the way, we're losing a little more of each day. I know I don't look forward to having Big Brother keeping an eye on me. The fact that I live a fairly benign life doesn't have me concerned with anything that may be found in my day-to-day activities. That, for me at least, is irrelevant.

My concern is that the government may feel the need to track normal everyday citizens on such as miniscule level as to have the ability to exert complete control over an individual's movement.

There is no such thing as freedom when life is led under a microscope.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Here's one....

I wonder if this could be injected via food or drink?

Would not last long, but for officials trying to find a location of interest without actually doing surveillance, this could open up hole can of worms when tracking someone.

Alphabet agencies trying to find out info on someone could easily enough set something up at a local diner or restaurant where the 'chip' could be injected into the system.

Do the Pro's out weigh the Cons?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This doesn't surprise me in the least.

Verichip wanted to make mandatory implantation in "Guest Workers"

Guest Workers being foriegn individuals temporarily authorized to work on U.S. soil.

Verichip has also opened its' chipping to U.S. volunteers

The Jacbos family in Boca Raton, Florida volunteered in February 2002 to have RFID chips implanted in their bodies, to help them deal with emergency medical situations. Jeff Jacobs says the chip carries important medical information about his heart condition and medications, and also about his son, who is allergic to antibiotics. The chip also contains information about who to contact in case of emergency.
Link

And the Pentagon is starting brain implantation on its' soldiers, the voluntary nature of such is an aspect I question with anything 'military'.

You can say that I am watching the development of the transition to mandatory implantation...

And I think it will happen. Perhaps not everybody right off the bat, but as a gradual trend that will see people getting used to the idea and lead to believe that they need it....fear mongering is one of the most effective ways.

You, know...I wouldn't be surprised if the Chip corporations opened up a brief policy to kidnap random folk so that they could show the need for this. Nor would I think it horribly impossible that the media was just flat out lied to and convinced to emphasize the kidnappings....but that is just paranoid speculation on my part...

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Ahhh yes.. we seen this coming 10 yrs ago..

Nobody said it would happen. Called the CT'ers crazy or whatever..

In the end, we are right.... And yet crazy... interesting that..

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Oh man oh man.... I'd better get chipped ASAP... now that I know about stuff like kidnappings.... the world is becoming a scarier place every day...please save me, Big Govt.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
Ahhh yes.. we seen this coming 10 yrs ago..

Nobody said it would happen. Called the CT'ers crazy or whatever..

In the end, we are right.... And yet crazy... interesting that..

You know, that is one of the things that really gets me.

There is proof galore that the world has conspirators. MK-ULTRA, voting scandals (not just Presidential), and the gradual phasing in of the 'Mark of the Beast"...but conspiracy theorists are still thought of in a negative light.

What's up with that?

We have demonstrated that we can and have been right. Are glazed eyes and a devoted attention to High School Musical really what passes for sanity these days?

[/off topic]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
What I don't understand is why such affluent people would stay in Mexico where they are forced by criminals to give up their privacy for any semblance of safety. Why not just move to a safer country?

Is Mexico doing something to keep them there, perhaps to keep what little native capital they have inside the country?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sc2099

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Actually, most affluent Mexican families have second homes abroad. Many here in the U.S. For example, The Woodlands, Texas which is just north of Houston is home to many such families.

I am familiar with the area and personally can attest to this fact.

Here's a great little article talking about this trend:
The Woodlands is a Hot Spot for Wealthy Mexicans

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Imagine that, the people will beg for the chip, help us! protect us they will say, and that will be the end...

Instead of fearing the terrorists, they fear the criminals, every Illuminati owned country has its "bad guys" its symbol of FEAR...

we have to keep our eyes open for the signs, its in the details...

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Well, if the recipients are willing then it is ok I think. If they try and sneak it in me and that's another story.

It has the possibility to save people so at least let them experiment on likely kidnap victims and not me,

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Mexico sees something close to 75 kidnappings per month.

I see an argument about moving out of the country, and that's a really good idea - but it's the same as giving into fear of being kidnapped, isn't it?

Are you guys saying that parents shouldn't fear for their childrens' safety enough to give them a itty-biddy tracking grain, but they should give into the fear by moving out of the country?

Are you sure they are not just being cautious?

I don't understand the paranoia involved around these chips other than the connotations from dystopian (and the tired line about privacy/security) science fiction films.books that seemed to get mixed up with reality.

The whole chip paranoia thing is going to fall off the way side just like every other end of the world prediction.

Oh man oh man.... I'd better get chipped ASAP... now that I know about stuff like kidnappings.... the world is becoming a scarier place every day...please save me, Big Govt.

What does the government have to do with it? I couldn't read the article.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneEyedProphet
Imagine that, the people will beg for the chip, help us! protect us they will say, and that will be the end...

Instead of fearing the terrorists, they fear the criminals, every Illuminati owned country has its "bad guys" its symbol of FEAR...

we have to keep our eyes open for the signs, its in the details...

Sorry, but I think you are living in a fantasy land.

It sounds like they have a pretty good reason to "buy" (not beg) for the chip: their children's lives.

Do you agree or disagree? Circle one.

Anyhow, I think the direction we are heading is that "criminals" are also "terrorists" based in that they are both deviant and more or less social outcasts who try to disrupt the flow of society. It's the whole:

If all terrorists are criminals, are all criminals terrorists?

Certainly not, but eventually they will be...

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Logician Magician: You should check out the 'Deviant Behaviour' thread in the Debate Forum. One of the Fighters, Schrodingers Dog, postulated that the deviant behaviour is actually a symptom of the observer. I merely think that you would be interested...

On topic, I think as I have stated above. Once a few people start doing it and the whole stigma surrounding it is pigeonholed into convenience of living and an augmentation for safety, there won't be any problem.

Change is a gradual thing and big money knows this. Advertisers know this and they are patient...it's all about capturing the attention of the individual and desensitizing the individual. As well, so I've heard, that it takes three generations for tumankind to 'forget' the lessons of the past...

I am certain that a gradual implementation will occur and that all of us arbingers of doom will be seen as just that...to which I shake my head sadly...:shk:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The PTB doesn't need to implant chips to track where you go! You have a cell phone, don't you?? They already can! I can see why this is being done in Mexico, considering the number of kidnappings. I would also be in favor of having this done to children, considering the large number of children that go missing each year, but they would need to be removed at age 18. Lojacking kids, OK. Lojacking adults, mmm, nope!

new topics

top topics

join