It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If 2012 is really going to happen huge floods 2/3 population dies how do we prepare and survive

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Sorry about the all capitals i just realized this after i was done tying and dint feel like retyping sorry.

our best bet would be to be in side a really tall building like the empire state building. In a submarine. On the space station or a base on the moon or and airship that can stay in the air for months like the so called us nuclear powered saucer that can stay in the air for months. Then onthy thing you would really need is a 6month - 1 years supply of food till the floods subside.

i have done alot of research on this subject and i am convinced this is going to happen. This is not like the 2000 thing. This is backed up by writing and stone tablets thousands of years old, nasa has confirmed that there is a planet x nibaru.

this is it people this is what its all be leading up to. I also hear that nibaru has a planet in its orbit that is earth #1 we we are really from i belive the illuminati are going to hightail out of here and go back and leave us to fend for our selves. And the 666 mark of beast when this event happens money will be no good all people are going to car about is natural resources we can wipe our ass with that money. And we will need a new world ourder and martial law to keep the peace after the whole world goes ape # when thy learn the truth. Starting now this will become a reality. People will quit working start staling to save themselves this when we will be begging for the nwo to protect us. This is it people buckle your seatbelt.

does anyone have any other survival tips for this event

Mod Edit: All caps removed - Jak

[edit on 20/8/08 by JAK]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseekerpeacemaker

My first tip would be to better educate yourself.

You worry about flood but think nothing of magma. Magma flows like water under the earths surface. Their is ebbs and flows and currents that also obey the sway of lunar gravity. If I were you I would more prepare myself for the Cloud of DEADLY SULFURIC ASH that will cover the earth when the event happens.

It has happened before. Mass extinctions happen on a regular basis not because of asteroids but because of our own planet doing its thing like Old Faithful in YELLOWSTONE park.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
And when did nasa accept that there was a planet x

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I also fear that there may be some validity to this 2012 prediction. However many also believed that Y2k also had it's evidence even to the point where I recall people from the powere companies were buying generators. But we all knw how Y2k went, and many people spent alot money for really just piece of mind. Now if the 2012 predictions are as global and devastating as we appear to believe, we (and by we I mean that there may also be gain from Big buisness if 2012 falls through) are really doing nothing more then creating panick. Honestly though if It's as big as many believe it is, then what can we do? Nothing, just bend over and kiss our buts good bye. In matter of fact if we only have 4 more years of existence why are we wasting our time online? whether disaster is close or not I am just going to live my life in the normal way. Besides If the world is really coming to an end in 4 years, it's a good time for a student loan right?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Honestly, in my opinion, it is a matter much simpler than that. Also, I think the bruynt of it will occur before 2012 even gets here. You are either meant to survive and see the approach of the golden age or your not. It's really that simple.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I'm going to bring my tent and sleeping bag up on the highest mountain top near by and watch the show.. Come join me, should be fun!

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
This is just my belief, but i believe everything is read by interpitation (sp?). all the predictions from the past that tend to predict the future, from what i have seen have been worded and stated in such a way that you would get something totally different out of it than i would. If it happens then it is going to happen, i personally believe, from watching something on the history channel about the myans again (sp?) that something great will happen to this world then, becasue what was stated was they predicted i belive it did say the world will end as we know it......that doesn't mean that the world will end completely. I think it will be the fall of the united states or something to that effect....... just my belief on it. and really i don't think you can prepare for the unknown you know what i mean.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
This whole idea is completely fake. The earth wont end. THERE WILL BE NO FLOOD. Its just a hoax

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
This whole idea is completely fake. The earth wont end. THERE WILL BE NO FLOOD. Its just a hoax

It's not completely fake. Global cataclysmic events are bound to happen again some day, statistically speaking we are already overdue.

If it happens at 12-21-2012 is another story.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
yay, another doom and gloom / we are all gonna die thread! Gotta get our weekly dose of these, or we might become hopeful about our future, heaven forbid.

First of all, it was a stone tablet (plural), which doesn't mean a thing. People are making wild guesswork over ONE tablet with a certain # of dots on it. There are actually, more tablets that talk about the 5 visible planets on tablets, than the one with dots. You are basing your assumptions on the flawed theory of one man, who real archaelogists and linguists have pretty much said, is guessing wildly.

Second, NASA has confirmed no such thing. In fact, they have retracted the only one thing that MIGHT have gave this idea credence.

Basing your entire premise on one stone tablet from a people who believed the stars were gods (as well as the sky and air), and thought that they were living on an island that was floating on a single sea in the center of the universe, and one IRAS image that could be absolutely anything, isn't solid enough imo, to start digging yourself a bunker. I mean, if you want to, feel free, but don't be surprised if others don't share your utter fear of the year 2012.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Well, you folks can do what you want, but i'm buying a big boat, some m/f couples of my favorite animals and moving to Nebraska.
Oh yeah, and on my way there I'm gonna grab some bulk rice, some 5 gal. water bottles, some 5 packs of bic lighters, and a whole mess of batteries.
See y'all on the flip side!

-v

Know why Noah was named Noah? It's one of those Illuminati backwards/reversie things. It's what he said while floating by all the drowning skeptics. They pleaded, "Let us on the boat. Save us!!!!" and he responded, "Ah, no."

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
When in worry
Or in doubt
Run in circles
Scream and shout

...Works for me.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
you guys are assholes im freaking 15 and you got my little sister who's SEVEN freaking out over bull thats not going to happen just like 2000 and 666 I cant believe you would think that mayans cant predict crap they lived in what i think like 900 AD to like 1100 AD stupid they didnt have huge telescopes and stuff to predict it's just a wild guess Duh Dumb asses

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Regional disasters happen all the time; just look at Texas and NO, China, the Caribbean. How will you survive something like that? I believe that is a more relevant question than how you will survive a global disaster.

Yet, some day there may be another catastrophic extinction level event. We just don't know when it will occur or how it is to happen. Nobody will be able to predict it, certainly not some stone tablet hundreds of years old. LOL That Mayan calendar stuff has been debunked anyway. The calendar doesn't end, it just turns over to the next cycle like our own calendar goes from Dec. 31 to Jan. 1. And Mayans didn't make predictions! If anyone ever tells you the Mayans predicted something then you know it's all BS.

Anyways, what are you going to do, live your whole life scared waiting for impending doom? I hope not. Don't waste your life. And don't buy into the doomsayers' hype.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Let us assume for a moment, for the sake of arguement, that your thread is factual. I don't see where being "high and dry" in a city center is a smart move. I mean, it might preserve your life for a flash of time, but what then?

I think gravitating toward a minimalist, self-sufficient lifestyle is a smart move -- growing your own mini-crops, moving towards living simply. You can still have your job and trappings of culture until that time, but why wait until the unknown event -- whatever it is -- descends before changing your lifestyle? The way I see it, the simpler and more self-sustaining I become, the very worst case is nothing happens and I merely save buckets of money.

If there comes a time -- and I believe I will see it -- where money has no value, then those who have stockpiled goods have an edge, but that won't keep them alive long-term either. Your stockpiled goods might keep your belly full while you are raising and protecting your garden.

Most places I've lived in the world (and there have been many places), there are foods that the indiginous people know about and can survive on. Often these foods are traded. Skills are bartered. I have learned how to stay alive where I lived, and have done so nearly every place I've lived.

In a survival situation, I believe that people are the greatest threat, after the causation of the situation itself. Thus protection and a like-minded group can elevate odds of survival. In the final analysis, (in my opinion), there is first survival of the event(s), and then comes the business of living..... not just surviving, but reforming a new life. What skills can you acquire or polish that will have value for a changing society?

As previous posters noted, it's somewhat of a crapshoot who will live and who will not. Cities are often targets, and the denser the population, the greater the hazard.

I don't, for example, see any value in storing fuel in mass quantities. We store enough gasoline and oil to run a chainsaw, perhaps a generator. These are short-term enhancements, and in some ways, holding on to the old ways. If TSHTF, we have to be ready to transition into a different existance, and different modes of accomplishing things. I believe that those that are already partway to that lifestyle will have an easier transition, and can play a vital role in helping a group.

But, worst case........ I don't have to buy gas-ripened, slack-skinned, pale juiceless tomatoes ever again, as long as I keep the system going. I don't have to buy calleloo, or coconuts, or citrus fruits, or peppers, onions, cucumbers, beans. There will be more. The best thing we've done in this context is carry the system to the point where it is continuous. Then, and ONLY then, do we occasionally add new fruits/vegetables.

I hope it doesn't happen, this 2012 or other cataclysmic events. Hoping won't feed me or mine. Fishing will.

Sorry for the novella..... it's been a long day of hurricane repairs, and I'm a tad punchy.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

we stop it from happening.

its all going to be caused by technology created over the past 60 years in secret by the machines.

all we must do is understand how they are going to create pseudo end times,each event such as a flood will be caused by said tech.

i hypothesise a global flood could be created by masers(microwave lasers) emmited from earth,reflected by secret mirrors in orbit and directed at the antarctic ice sheet.

this same method can be used to set of volcanic erruptions. target say ..yellowstone caldera with maser-beams reflected off orbital mirrors which would burn holes into yellowstones depths...and presto
you got magma flowing!!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Smokeing_Gun

You make the same point that many try to make when discussing 2012. The thing that you miss is that Y2K was a technological issue where the binary system would flip to 000000, hence all data would be lost, banks would shut down, supplies would halt and mass riots would ensue. The binary problem was fixed before Y2K made date to ensure that the binary codes flipped to the year and no 00. 2012 is a once every 23,000 year alignment with the center black hole of our galaxy which could do well dire destruction when the gravitational forces that keep the waters from the land recede allowing the earths water to flood the land. Molten fire could very well rain down from the heavens and up from the bowls of the earth during this alignment and shift. It is the end of an age and bears NO resemblance to y2K.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
loved what you wrote...makes so much sense...my question is what can you do now to help with the transition...what kinds of things to plant and just how to live a new life...i only ask because i like to be ready for anything even if it doesnt happen..but its always good to know and be prepaired....anyways loved what you wrote..helped me alot especially when i just learned about this today and mostly everyone i told thinks im crazy...lol...write back to me if you can..im on myspace....lesleybooty17/myspace.com...thanks...and have a good one!!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Tell me about this reaseach of urs. I see NO citations. In the relme of education no one cares about your opinion. They only want to know where you got the info.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join