It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting rid of the bags under your eyes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I heard that using used cold tea bags on your eyes will get rid of those horrid dark circles. In the same way that cucumbers do.

I was wondering, if I keep them on my eyes overnight when I go to sleep, will it have any negative effects?

[edit on (8/18/0808 by Hexidecimal]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Ok this will sound gross but... put a dab of Preparation H under you eyes. (rub it in of course) It is a blood vessel constrictor and will shrink the puffy-ness.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I'm surprised nobody jumped at the chance to post a youtube video of this.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by fishneedh2o

I have heard that trick before. Have you tried it? Does it really work?

I work overnights so I have a problem with circles under my eyes. I have been using l'oreal eye defense which seems to work pretty well for a day or so. I have never tried any natural treatments though.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by snowflake_obsidian

It absolutely works!! Prep H works wonders..

The tea bag will not in any way damage your eye.. but to leave it on overnight isnt necessary.I would recommend cooled chamomile tea bags. Twenty minutes ought to do the trick. ( raw potato works as well )

For dark circles i have heard almond oil helps. You can also try applying a paste of turmeric powder with pineapple juice.

I'm not obsessed.. Really.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by snowflake_obsidian

I have not tried it yet but I have heard it works wonders.

SugarJ said it works

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Seemed to work wonders for me. You'll have to do it a few times for it to take effect though.

The only side effect seemed to be that my vision was a little brighter after taking them off, but that subsided after awhile.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Wonderful. Maybe I will start making this a habit as time passes for me. I.e. Aging

haha funny

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SugarJ

Sugar, I've never heard of doing it with Chammomile, I've done it with peppermint... I guess the chammomile would probably be better though, with all its natural healing effects...

I've also used cucumber, chilled. Its not the same with warm slices :shk:

*Notes to self.

- Carrot

top topics

join