It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are Your Favorite Movie Scenes?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Have any favorite movie scenes? What are they?

Here is five of mine.

1. Fargo - Cop/Car chase scene:

2. No Country For Old Men - Coin Toss Scene:

3. Pulp Fiction - Breakfast scene:

4. Pulp Fiction - Ending/Diner scene:

5. Saw - Final scene:

[edit on 18-8-2008 by The_Truth_Seeker]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
To say favourite would sound a bit macabre.. but indeed one of the most impressive scenes to me as I first saw it when I was very young, maybe too young to watch such scene..

I am talking about the hanging of the guy that stands on the shoulders of this other young guy in Once upon a time in the west..

As I could not find that perticular scene I am giving you the opening scene, where I find the fly 'amazing', the fly's timing is the best within this scene and there for deserves an Oscar, the director was very lucky having the fly fly around, or was it a trained fly, joke ofcourse

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Apocalypse Now - Charlie Don't Surf

Snatch - Brick Top talks about Pigs

Trainspotting - Being Scottish

Not really a scene but promo for one of the best and most under-rated Brit films

Human Traffic - The Weekend Has Landed

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Bruce Lee - Enter The Dragon

www.youtube.com...

Great fight scene and best nunchuk display ever...

Will Smith - Ali

www.youtube.com...

His first fight with sonny liston.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Not much of a movie buff, so I can't think of many without seriously thinking about it.

I like the Phoebe Cates pool scene in Fast Times At Ridgemont High. That cute smile of hers when she came out of the pool made that scene so great. No youtube video due to nudity.

I was a diehard Heavymetal Cartoon attic. I had a bootleg videotape of it when it was in the movies. Today thats nothing but back then it was very rare to get something like that.

Here is one funny scene. Funny to laugh at but not to condone!

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Without too much thought, my favourite scene in a movie would have to be the elevator scene from The Departed. The most shameless killing of a main character i have ever seen, no lead up, no afterwards to dwell on the moment, nothing. Just BANG! and a main character is gone. Brilliance.

If you have not seen this movie go right now to the video store and hire it, oh and don't watch this YouTube video either or it will ruin it for you.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Three more of my favorite scenes.

Full Metal Jacket - Jelly Doughnut scene:

Goodfellas - I'm Funny How? scene:

Jackie Borwn - You Shot Melaine? scene:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Hmm my favorites aren't necessarily from Movies.. I have a few from my favorite shows...I got lots more, but its tricky to find them... Here are some funny ones.

The X-Files "Jose Chung's from Outer Space"

Friends - The Bagpipes lol..Ross tries to play them..

- Carrot

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I can't post vids from work.. so I'll just name my fav scenes..

Not in any particular order....

1. Stripes, during training - they're running the obstacle course, Ox (John Candy) comes running through the woods and takes off over the hill into the tree line, with his arms over his head, yelling ahhhhhhhhhhhh - always cracks me up.

2. Top Gun, Maverick (Tom Cruise) on the carrier - goose is dead, the final battle has taken place and he throws Goose's dog tags into the ocean. I just liked that scene for some reason.

3. Boogie Nights, Dirk, Scotty and the other guy, goes to the drug dealers house to sell him dope... the kid is lighting fire crackers one after the other, the drug dealer is playing "mix" tapes that he made, jamming.. to Sister Christian, the guys are getting freaked out, etc... intense funny scene.

4. Tombstone, Way too many scenes to mention, but one of them when Doc Holiday (Val Kilmer) is very drunk and Ike is losing at cards, Doc says, "maybe poker isn't your game, I know, let's have a spelling contest"... great scene.

5. Road House, Dalton is out back the Double Deuce getting his butt whipped, when Wade Garrett (Sam Elliott) rides up in front, looks up at the name of the bar and says "double douche".... goes out back and joins the fight... can't put the text here, great scene though.

6. Air Force One - at the end of the movie, the big Transport has recovered the presidents family and the President is hanging from the back of the plane on the line, on the speaker phone at the White House, the Vice President says, "do you have the President" and the Pilot comes back and says "Liberty Two Four is changing call signs - Liberty Two Four is now Air Force One! "

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I can't post vids from work.. so I'll just name my fav scenes..

I go to alot of libraries and there is this one that run completely on flash memory. It flickers and studders when a youtube video is played. Their computers are pure crap.

That post took me like 10 min to find view and post! I was really board at the moment!

Flash computers can't even handle the flash ads on websites. It bogs the system down.

I'm gonna post some fav clips later! I like comedies so that is what I'll post!

Oh yeah I just thought of one.

No youtube video.

The scene in Analyse that when Robert Deniro is singing and dancing saying, "I'm so pretty, so pretty!"

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Where to start?!

Mad Max - Last of the V8's

Bladerunner - I've seen things

Me Myself and Irene - Cotton mouth

I could go on but I wont :p

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
V for Vendetta - Ending

The Natural - The Final Homerun

Scarface- Ending

rocky 4- drago vs rocky

300-This Is Sparta

The Chinese connection-Bruce Lee VS japanese school

Henry V- Speech

Tombstone- Wyatt Earp Slap

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Black_Fox]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Another one of my favorites is from The Big Lebowski were the Dude and Walter are interrogating Larry.

Couldn't find the actual full scene on Youtube but found this:

This is the last part of the scene:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I posted videos of my favourite film intro and a scene that I like over on this thread .

Cheers xpert11 .

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I cant post a youtube scene from work so I will just decribe them...I study rhetoric so I am definintly a "quotes" guy

1. V for Vendetta...opening introduction for V...
"But on this most auspicious of nights, permit me then, in lieu of the more commonplace sobriquet, to suggest the character of this dramatis persona."

...Sorry that tickles me...its like having sex with words.

2. Final battle scene between Smith and Neo in The Matrix..

"...Illusions, Mr. Anderson. Vagaries of perception. The temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence that is without meaning or purpose. And all of them as artificial as the Matrix itself, although only a human mind could invent something as insipid as love."

3. Kingdom of Heaven when Orlando Bloom and the King meet for the first time.

"remember that, even when those who move you be kings or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God you cannot say "but I was told by others to do thus" or that "virtue was not convinient at the time. This will not suffice."

4. Castaway when Tom Hanks is telling his friend about being on the island.

"I've lost her all over again. I'm so sad that I don't have Kelly. But I'm so grateful that she was with me on that island. And I know what I have to do now. I gotta keep breathing. Because tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"

5. Forrest gump...when he is saying goodbye to Jenny under the tree...it makes me cry everytime I watch it.

I could seriously go on and on...

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Perfectenemy05

This is my favorite scene, first contact with others....

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
This is my favorite scene, the ending of close encounters of the third kind, movie by Spielberg...

[edit on 7-12-2008 by teklordz]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Any scene from Amelie

The last bit of Cinema Paradiso:

Kickass Matrix fight:

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Jackie Brown - Beaumont Scene

new topics

top topics