It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff's deputy opens his heart... and his wallet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Sheriff's deputy opens his heart... and his wallet

www.katu.com

MILWAUKIE, Ore. - Friday\'s intense heat brought out the giving side of a Clackamas County Sheriff\'s Deputy when he was called to the home of an elderly woman who was suffering with no air conditioning.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
This story is another example of manufactured propaganda. Seems like they hired haoxers of UFOS and bigfoot to perpetrate this story. There are pictures of him walking in and installing this air conditioner. These events are evidence that this is nothing more than a publicity stunt in a vein attempt to cover up the injustices carried out by these agents daily.

www.katu.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

On the contrary, this man saw a fellow human being in a dire state of need and acted with compassion.

I, for one, commend him for this act of kindness and generosity.

No conspiracy here. Just a human interest story.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Total puff piece to make police look good in the public eye. It's a PR stunt for sure.

I'm not impressed, after all, this cop will probably end up tasering some innocent person in the next day or so anyways.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I don't get where the propaganda and the agent thing comes from?
A sheriffs deputy and the fire department bought a little old lady an air conditioner and put it in for her, so they didn't keep getting called out to her house and to eventually to find her dead from heat exposure.
They have done things like this before its not un usual.
Some people do want to help other people, in fact many people would have done the same thing however they wouldnt know about it because they aren't in a position to get called to the lady's house.
No doubt the store when it heard what was going on heavily discounted the air conditioner.
I don't get what the big conspiracy is about this.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
If the general report with society were respectable then we wouldn't have to have any doubts. Frankly it's sad that we should for if it is a genuine good deed his less-respectable blue brothers have prevented it from being fully recognized.

Then again he has the appearance of the type that would want to beat you down for asking him why he pulled you over. He doesn't appear to know how to smile properly.

Did he fill out the proper government forms? If not he could be big doodoo.
Someone who bought a lawnmower for a government office with their own money instead of going through the beaurocracy did once.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
If the general report with society were respectable then we wouldn't have to have any doubts. Frankly it's sad that we should for if it is a genuine good deed his less-respectable blue brothers have prevented it from being fully recognized.

No, most respectable citizens will recognize this for the sincere act of generosity that it is. It is you, and others like you, who prefer to paint a stereotypical picture that all law enforcement officers are corrupt. It doesn't matter how narrow-minded this particular view happens to be. The fact remains you choose to endorse it.

Does that mean there are no corrupt officers? Of course not. There are corrupt people across all spectrums. Corrupt officers. Corrupt politicians. Corrupt citizens. But, not everyone is corrupt.

Then again he has the appearance of the type that would want to beat you down for asking him why he pulled you over. He doesn't appear to know how to smile properly.

Talk about judging a book by it's cover.
Wouldn't it be nice if we all had the ability to assess a person by their character instead of their appearance. It might take a little more effort, but is that really to much to expect?

Did he fill out the proper government forms? If not he could be big doodoo.
Someone who bought a lawnmower for a government office with their own money instead of going through the beaurocracy did once.

I fail to see how this remotely applies to this situation. The officer didn't buy anything for the government. He purchased an air conditioning unit for an elderly private citizen. Not even remotely the same thing.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I started a thread a bit ago about a cop fixing a ladies tire on a highway, another fellow chimed in with his own first account of an officer helping him out as well. Surprise surprise, they aren't all evil.
Stop generalizing.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

Lovely bit of overgeneralizing there...truely impressive. You know all the acts of every "agent" around do you? Isn't omniscence boring, though?

A man, a good man, takes a few minutes out of his day to do a good deed, and suddenly it's some nefarious plot to cover up others misdeeds? Wow, just wow. Sometimes a thing is exactly what it appears to be. This good act was exactly that...

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
See even when you see people videoing cops at demonstrations and the like.
Not all of them are violent obnoxious pigs.
Some are professional polite and don't care and just laugh and obey the law.
Ive found the same in my dealings with them.
That there seems to be a select few in every group who are just not so good people.And this transfers into there professional duties.
They really need to weed these ones out, using psych testing.
Similar they do for sensitive jobs in the military.
However the problem that lies in this is.They would never have enough recruits.
Because most people would fail the testing miserably.

top topics

join