It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California: Bigfoot Remains a Myth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

California: Bigfoot Remains a Myth

www.nytimes.com

Results from tests on genetic material from alleged remains of Bigfoot, made public at a news conference in Palo Alto held after the claimed discovery swept the Internet, failed to prove the existence of the mythical half-ape and half-human creature. The story was fueled by a photograph of a hairy heap, bearing a close resemblance to a shaggy full-body gorilla costume, stuffed into a container resembling a refrigerator. One of the two samples of DNA said to prove the existence of the Bigfoot came from a human and the other was 96 percent from an opossum, said Curt Nelson, a scientist at the University of Minnesota who performed the analysis.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Everyone can now relax!

Its a darn hoax!

We all expected this.......Its funny actually.

How pathetic

Way to damage the credible Bigfoot reports....

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
What does California have anything to do with the story? I read the linked page and there is no reference to California save for the title. And the story is from New York...

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
What does California have anything to do with the story?

I would have to assume that the news conference taking place in Palo Alto seems the cause for the "California:" portion of the article's title. Aside from that, it Would appear that this whole "bigfoot found in Georgia" story is little moar than another hoaxed attempt to garner attentions and perhaps even monetary gain via increaed traffic to the related websites.

Oh well... back to "In Search Of...", I guess.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
In the press interview the guys sounded genuine to me....

That means my BS meter is slowly degrading.....

Im going to have to hone my skills
(or lack there of)

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The DNA finding is interesting to me. Why? Think about it.

Part of the DNA was human. Does that necessarily preclude the possibility that BF exists? No. Why?

Personally, I believe it possible that BF may be a more primitive form of human being. Who is to say that Neanderthal man's DNA would look any different than that of a homo sapien? Do we know for certain? I haven't read anywhere that we've recovered primitive man's DNA.

Let's take a stretch here and entertain the ET types. What if BF is what we were supposed to be at this point in time if the Annunaki hadn't messed with our DNA?

Now that would be interesting.

/$.02

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
So I don't get it...did scientists get to see the body and analyze the DNA for themselves? or did the people who "found" Bigfoot send the DNA from the body? (that's what it sounds like). Laaame

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
obviously this proves everyone wrong.

Bigfoot isn't part ape and human, the study concluded he is part opossum and human.

groundbreaking...

[edit on 16/8/08 by xstealth]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth
obviously this proves everyone wrong.

Bigfoot isn't part ape and human, the study concluded he is part opossum and human.

groundbreaking...

One of the articles stated that the opossum DNA could have been from a meal the thing ate. I don't really buy that, but I think they need to cough the thing up and stop screwing around.

Humans are pretty much apes. According to DNA studies, we are not real different from the chimp and the bonobo.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Hi folks.
I havent joined yet but I read and enjoy this site every day.
Here is another Yeti investigation I just came across on yahoo.
Hope the link works...
gmy.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Just to throw this out there - if the authorities desperately wanted to disprove bigfoot, they could conjur any such DNA result they want. I mean, of course this is 99% certain to be a hoax, but if (and that's an enormous 'if') the creature they found was real, what's the likelihood the Government wouldn't ensure that the results are found negative?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

Good point!

But alas, its 100% a hoax!

Their original team is in shambles.

Nothing they said added up.

If you want my opinion. They should be thrown in jail.

Fraud is what the government calls it.

Intentional misrepresentation or concealment of information in order to deceive or mislead. It is illegal.

top topics

join