It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should i be very worried?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
With all the wars and hatred in the world should we all be scared i mean with the war in russia now happening america is joining in so is poland and more andd it looks we are going to have a nuclear war whether we like it or not now.

The threat of nuclear war does worry me abit because if one hits near where i live thats it all of that wiped out gone in a flash and its going to be uninhapitable so where ever russia decides to attack that particular country is going to suffer badly and of America will stick theyre oar in again and retaliate for them.

Im not afraid to die i just dont want to right now i mean if im meant to die so be it but it seems as though the whole world is going to start killing each other theyre is just soo much hate everywhere you go.

and with the Large hadron collider i personally think its a bad idea and i think its going to go terribly wrong and i dont think they know what theyre doing.

And our govornments are a joke aswell they dont even have a clue what theyre doing i mean i was watching the news yesterday and guess who they give a medal to ... it was a penguin

is it just me or is that funny or stupid as hell theyre the people running our countryand theyre giving medals to animals.

so should we all be very scared for our own well being or should we just not care and be ignorant.

[edit on 4/20/2008 by billyjoinedat2k8]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I am a little worried about the whole thing, but I don't think that America has the resources or troops needed to even consider attacking Russia. I'm hoping all of this can be resolved without anymore conflict. We will have to wait and see...

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustnoone1987
I am a little worried about the whole thing, but I don't think that America has the resources or troops needed to even consider attacking Russia. I'm hoping all of this can be resolved without anymore conflict. We will have to wait and see...

ye i hope that its all resolved before WW3 breaks out

and knowing America they woul attack anyway probably

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Exchange worry for anger, use the anger as a catalyst for change and perhaps collectively something can be done.

Worry does no one any good, understand the facts, asses the threats, and speak your mind on the issues.

Worry is a wasted emotion, and leads to apathy.... I hope we are better than this, we are the people, and should refuse to live in fear of corrupt evil leaders, who think of us as nothing more than potential collateral damage.

In a perfect world we would have already made necessary changes to bring peace and stability to this world, by the force of our numbers alone, yet fear and uncertainty have taken that ability from us, and left an apathetic people who will rather worry and accept things for the way they are.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by The_Alarmist2012]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Alarmist2012
Exchange worry for anger, use the anger as a catalyst for change and perhaps collectively something can be done.

Worry does no one any good, understand the facts, asses the threats, and speak your mind on the issues.

Worry is a wasted emotion, and leads to apathy.... I hope we are better than this, we are the people, and should refuse to live in fear of corrupt evil leaders, who think of us as nothing more than potential collateral damage.

im confused how is anger better than worry i certainly dont think it is

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by billyjoinedat2k8

Because anger can motivate people, fear and worry the opposite, read my post in entirety, perhaps you can better understand then.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Alarmist2012

please dont treat me like an idiot thank you.

yes it may motivate you in some cases but anger is not the solution to our problems

[edit on 4/20/2008 by billyjoinedat2k8]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
People get angry cause they can't actually do anything. You can flail your arms around, complain, and cuss all you want. But that doesn't make it any better than worry? If more people get angry then for certain you'll have more people that will worry. It's logical sense.

I'd rather not be in the crowd fighting for justice. I'll be living on my own away from this society.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I dont have a problem with me or other people getting angry im just saying its not always the answer

I'd rather not be in the crowd fighting for justice. I'll be living on my own away from this society.

ye i know what you mean id rather not be fighting either.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The reason of division in all on the earth is because there are problems.

And there are dividing of moments.

The cause and effect rule. Give me a problem, I give you a problem is what it is. That "you" could be in general and/or in specific.

Anyone who particapates in giving others problems first intentionally get retaliated against one way or the other. On small scale or large scale depending on them not being gotten on the smallest or largest scale for whatever they hide behind or whatever trick they pull.

If you cant have Sally punished for raping your boy, then you would have the law agencies punished for not doing anything. It's like one or all, a part or a whole gets dealt with when someone is given a problem. We've got a basic instinct to solve a problem from day one. What cant be solved with words can be solved with actions. That's the way the cookie crumbles. It's the law that put it in your system that ppl ought to be punished. If there was no law do you think ppl would still be punished? More or less? I'd say less because most then who would start a problem would know better than to because they lack protection of deterents and measures that intemidate their victim who would flat out handle em any way they may.

I tell you, get rid of the law, and the problem starters would be gotten to where they cant start a problem again.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by Mabus]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

It is by far better than worry.

Did you know there is such a thing as constructive anger?

Yet the red-hot emotion has a positive side, say psychologists who study anger. In studies and in clinical work, they find anger can help clarify relationship problems, clinch business deals, fuel political agendas and give people a sense of control during uncertain times. More globally, they note, it can spur an entire culture to change for the better, as witnessed by the civil rights movement of the 1960s and the earlier women's suffrage movement.

Click the link and read, it is an interesting page.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Alarmist2012

It is by far better than worry.

Did you know there is such a thing as constructive anger?

Yet the red-hot emotion has a positive side, say psychologists who study anger. In studies and in clinical work, they find anger can help clarify relationship problems, clinch business deals, fuel political agendas and give people a sense of control during uncertain times. More globally, they note, it can spur an entire culture to change for the better, as witnessed by the civil rights movement of the 1960s and the earlier women's suffrage movement.

its not always a good experience though angr 9/10 anger is a bad.

some people dont like to be angry you know.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Anger.....it is just about never good. It stops your sense of judgement.

It leads to murder...
Suicide...
Starting wars which are not needed....9/11 anybody?

Anger is not good at all, even if some scientist decides to say it is. Studies only prove things about the subjects tested, not those who arn't.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
" anger is as good as courage" i cant remember who said this famous quote. and maybe he is right but i think thats the only time when it is right.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
This much can be certain, those who pull the strings are complete control

freaks and almost everyone in a position to expose them has been paid

off. So when they feel its time to dispose of us, thats whats going to

happen and theres nothing we can do about it. So dont stress yourself out,

just know when it does happen it will happen fast.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Ye thanks for the heartwarming quote

So dont stress yourself out,

just know when it does happen it will happen fast

and wouldnt it be better if it was definitely going to happen that we all stood up and defended ourselves.

rather than just die like that.

new topics

top topics

join