It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greatest Survivors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Hi Everyone,

Just been having a think about who in your oppinions would you class as the greatest survivors of all time?

By greatest survivors, I mean people who have the greatest ability, skill, training or mindset that would gurantee, should the SHTF, they would be the ones left standing.

In my oppinion some of the greatest survivors and indeed warriors who have ever lived was the Ninja.

en.wikipedia.org...

I know that primarily they were trained in martial arts & fighting techniques but they were also trained in strategy, warfare tactics, psychology and first aid coupled this with the fact that they were also amazing athletes with great physical fitness and strength.

en.wikipedia.org...

Not only were they supremely physically conditioned but they also were taught to disengage emotion when thinking about a situation to allow clear, logical thinking to occur.

They were also taught about herbal medicine and how to live off the land, they were experts at adapting to and surviving a wide range of situations.

Their ingenuity also I feel would have helped them, they constructed a variety of different weapons and tools to help them carry out their missions. This skill would be useful in a survival scenario.

Personally, I think the Ninja were one of, if not , the greatest survivors this planet has ever seen!

What do you guys think?

[edit on 16/8/08 by Death_Kron]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The Indians would have won as well if it hadnt been for the superior technology of the aggressors.

I can also think of the Vietnamese. They managed to win despite facing huge numbers of the enemy.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Gotta agree with you there if we're talking nations as survivors.
Outgunned,outnumbered,out-techied.

You don't have to agree with their methods to appreciate what they achieved against a larger,developed Country.

As an isolation example you gotta love these guys..

"The Amazonian tribe that hid from the rest of the world – until now"
www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The Karen rebels in burma.
They have been fighting for autonomy for almost sixty years.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The Inuit (The People)

The Reindeer People

These two just off the top of my head. They eat sleep and breath Survival in a place most of us never want to go.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

The vietnamse is a great point to mention, some of the things they achieved were actually unbelieveable for example: www.mishalov.com...

It's crazy to think that an entire civilisation lived underground and endured the hardships, not to mention the insects and posionous creatures and still managed to fight a war and cause significant damage...

I know theres a scene in the film Full Metal Jacket, where a vietcong soldier sneaks under a perimeter and scares the crap out of the US forces.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

Very interesting, survivalists to the extreme, makes you wonder what sort of people are actually out there. I'm positive there are tribes that we could never even imagine, are out there living and surviving, and we don't even have a clue! Thanks for the link

top topics

join