It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO filmed flying around a wing of plane.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
This is interesting video of a ufo - flying saucer disc flying up to a plane in flight. I think it is interesting and would like to know what I am missing that makes it a hoax.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Interesting video, not really sure what to make of this one. I guess we'll have to leave it for the experts to figure out.

The only thing that tends to throw up flags for me is the short duration of some of these UFO videos. Why only 20 seconds long?

Either way, nice find.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Looks pretty real to me, but the window does look a bit suspect. A bubble window something I haven't seen, but on lear jets maybe? Still quite good regardless.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
ive seen this one before dont really know if it fake are not..

but it kinda looks like the lid of a pot

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
It does look like the lid of a pot but what else is it supposed to look like, a frisbee? There are reflections in the window, especially at the end that look like they might be able to date the footage. The footage looks 1970's or earlier but the lights in the reflection may say different.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
If a video is more than 4 weeks old, then it's probably already here. A quick check don't hurt anybody.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

[edit on 15-8-2008 by daniel_g]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Hey guys!

Well this is tough...
It could be a well staged hoax, I need to check the video again to look at the sky, It could just be a clue piece of cardboard and a bubble window in someones house, add a plane wing from a model plane(larger sized model plane that is) add a strange piece of metal, shaped like a "saucer".
It might take a little while to do, but it would be easy, depending on the sky, which I still need to check.

Anyways good find!
Ill post later once I check again!

Sincerely,
joshedis

p.s To the guy who posted above me, this is what appears on the posting page, I'm not sure if this counts but....

"AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts"

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

Fantastic work, be it the work of alien origin or a terrestrial 3D/film composite guru.

I'm no expert, but I'm skeptical. To me, it seems like the reflection on the inside of the plane's window is not focusing in tune with the external shot. It looks like a few different layers processed through a video editor.

The first few seconds of the video, with that establishing shot of the craft, really scream at me of it being a bit over-edited. If the video was longer, with that establishing shot put into context, then perhaps I'd have thought a lot longer about it's integrity.

If this is absolutely real, then it's a real shame the camera wasn't better quality. Cell phone, perhaps? Makes the brain wiggle thinkin' about it.

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Hiyah Stiki,

It's been done to death here on ATS, the consensus seemed to be it was a Corning wear lid to a pot

www.youtube.com...

It screams fake, hoax, at least to me.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

"AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts"

I'm sure they do, that's why instead of deleting this thread it will only get closed. If new opinios and theories get formed here before it's closed it will probably get merged - at least that's how I think this works.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
If it's fake it's very well done in terms of lighting. I see no problem off hand with the window and it appears to be two panes just like an airliner window. The minor surface defects lit by the sun seem properly in tact. The last frame shows the color of the sun on the scratches with the object behind. Even if there is CGI involved it's still a nice job.

My main objections at this point are:

Why the edit where the craft is in full view? What's with it ending before the craft disappears? Why is it so blurry? Why not just post the whole bloody thing at full speed? Would you stop recording or filming until you were sure it was over? If CGI, perhaps raytracing was taking a frustratingly long time to complete at the level of detail?

Of course it's a low-quality YouTube video. Why not provide the original for download somewhere? I won't hold my breath to see it but if it's there I welcome it.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313
Hiyah Stiki,

It's been done to death here on ATS, the consensus seemed to be it was a Corning wear lid to a pot

www.youtube.com...

Thanks for a better one. Still pretty neat but, yeah, something's up there. The better video does look like a pot lid.

Edit: Noone else was looking out the window? Wouldn't other passengers be yelling something? Wouldn't the person taping say something? I'd expect some commotion.

[edit on 8/15/2008 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Hiyah Stiki,

www.youtube.com...

They are all hoaxes aren't they? Funny, Ive been here since late last year and I haven't seen it discussed, but then again I haven't always been here.

Again, I did serch for it and didn't see it. I have watched these kind of vids for a couple few years now and hadn't seen this before by some odd chance.
I tagged this thread with airplane wing and UFO.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

Edit: Noone else was looking out the window? Wouldn't other passengers be yelling something? Wouldn't the person taping say something? I'd expect some commotion.

All I can say is that when I saw a "ufo" all I did was look at it and try to burn it into my brain. I had a digital camera a room away but I didn't want to take my eyes off of it.

[edit on 8/16/08 by stikkinikki]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Stikki,

Well heck there's so much youtube footage and not enough time in the day to see it all posted here
I just remember this well because of the Corning wear lid claim is all....seriously if you've ever owned Corning wear it would stick in your brain because that's exactly what it looks like

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I'm back!

Ok I looked at it again...and...*drum roll* I think it's an obvious fake.

For this reason. You can hear the sound of the UFO.

Now there are two reasons I this makes me think the video is a hoax.

1) (Unconfirmed) UFO supposedly, make no noise, this may only be from the ground however.

2) If we hear the sound of the UFO why can't we hear the sound of others on the plane?

Sincerely,
joshedis

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Stikki,

Well heck there's so much youtube footage and not enough time in the day to see it all posted here
I just remember this well because of the Corning wear lid claim is all....seriously if you've ever owned Corning wear it would stick in your brain because that's exactly what it looks like

I know what you are talking about but I thought I saw a glimpse of those balls underneath the saucer. I'm sorry but the scratchy window is the give away. the window is moved in front of the camera as a movie plays in the background. Wish i had just the background footage.

sorry to waste time - I got excited and carried away

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by joshedis
I'm back!

Ok I looked at it again...and...*drum roll* I think it's an obvious fake.

For this reason. You can hear the sound of the UFO.

Now there are two reasons I this makes me think the video is a hoax.

1) (Unconfirmed) UFO supposedly, make no noise, this may only be from the ground however.

2) If we hear the sound of the UFO why can't we hear the sound of others on the plane?

Sincerely,
joshedis

I do hear the sound of the plane and the passengers, Listen to it again and explain why you think it is the sound of a ufo and not the interior of the plane.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

All I can say is that when I saw a "ufo" all I did was look at it and try to burn it into my brain. I had a digital camera a room away but I didn't want to take my eyes off of it.

[edit on 8/16/08 by stikkinikki]

I can certainly understand that and I would probably do the same thing but, if I were fortunate enough to be able to film it, I would want to "burn it" onto film and wouldn't take the camera off it for a second either. You'd also get an unbroken, high quality download available to you before it ever saw YouTube.

Edit: Actually I have to correct myself there. I did see a UFO one time, ran inside, got the binoculars out and identified it. It was three lights moving in formation and there were no strobes. The view through binoculars clearly showed the silouhette of three large jets (airliners) with very bright lights turned on in close formation. A video or pictures would never have resolved it. The only question in my mind was what the heck they were up to. There is a military base in the direction they were headed though.

[edit on 8/16/2008 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Alright Stikki!

Ok now, first of all I don't hear anyone talking, there would be a huge clamor and a bunch of excited and frightened people looking at a giant disk shaped flying object outside the window...
Secondly, It is a droning buzzing sound, could be the plane... Or more likely background music...
Either way I think it's a hoax, like many things on youtube.
Sadly, the only way for me to believe it, would be to have seen it with my own two eyes.
Hoaxes are so common place in the world of UFO's you can't tell the real videos from the fakes sometimes.

Oh well... Even though the background changed it could be a green screen, I just got a video editor with the green screen option actually.

Sincerely,
joshedis

p.s I haven't actually used the editor yet.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join