It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF Still Silent on Stephenville

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Well, I was wondering if ANYONE would try to put pressure on the Air Force to comment or explain the radar data collected by MUFON. It's obvious the MSM isn't going to air it or comment....but I am glad to see at least someone's doing something!!

What do you all think? It's only a small snippet of an article but I am glad the issue hasn't totally died. It's so frustrating to have a report like MUFON's and see it get NO attention whatsoever.

Anyway thought I'd share with you all this article

USAF still silent on Stephenville

It’s been five quiet and patient days now since De Void began pressing the U.S. Air Force for a response to MUFON’s report on the UFO tracked by FAA radar near Stephenville, Tex., on Jan. 8.

The unenviable man in the middle is Maj. Karl Lewis, the media chief for the 301st Fighter Wing at the Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base at Carswell Field. On Monday, Lewis said he hadn’t read the analysis, released in July, so he couldn’t address its conclusions.

De Void sent him the link at www.mufon.com... and followed up with phone calls. Lewis, who’s already been burned once by getting caught outside the information loop, said Wednesday he was kicking it upstairs for comment. On Friday, the major said he was still “hammering away” for a response.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.heraldtribune.com...&title=USAF_still_silent_on_Stephenville_

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I got curious as to who or what "De Void" was that's putting the squeeze on this USAF mouthpiece, and it appears to be the name of a column/blog written by Billy Cox.

He titles his blog/column, "The mainstream media's lonely UFO web log." He's got a whole series of columns on UFOs and I am going to show him some love and let you know if I can get a comment from him or some inside scoop

Here are the links to some of his work:

Admiral: Never looked for UFO data

A former high-ranking military intelligence official rumored to have been snubbed in his attempts to obtain sheltered UFO data insists he never even bothered to look for it.

“Never,” retired Rear Adm. Thomas R. Wilson replied Tuesday when asked if he’d ever been barred from retrieving classified material, exotic or otherwise, during his career.

Wilson, the former director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, was head of intelligence for the Joint Chiefs of Staff in 1997 when he agreed to meet at the Pentagon with advocates of UFO declassification. Among them, he confirms, was Apollo 14 astronaut Edgar Mitchell.

www.heraldtribune.com...

My e-mail to Billy:

Stephenville UFO...MUFON's report...
Saturday, August 16, 2008 12:50 AM
"Cherie"
Add sender to Contacts
To:
[email protected]

Hi Billy,

I just wanted to give you a clap on the back for at least trying to put pressure on the USAF with regards to the Stephenville/MUFON radar data. I found your blog by "googling" UFOs in general, and I was wondering what you thought of the MUFON report since you seem to be a rational voice at least keeping the interest alive for the MUFON report in your blog.

I was wondering if you had any comments or information you'd be willing to share with another audience...I am a member on a free site called abovetopsecret.com and there's a UFO section there. I posted the link to your blog concerning De Void's attempt at demanding at least some response from the USAF and since we're a forum which has avidly followed the Stephenville UFO event, we'd be honored if you'd stop by or at least e-mail back! Thanks for your time and keep up the good work.

Sincerely,

Cherie

I will let you know if I get a response

[edit on 15-8-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Hey there LA. Nice article and it's good to know that others are still putting the pressure on. That dag nab Maj. Lewis has been playing 'dumb' since the get-go. I say keep the pressure on.

What a way to take initiative in sending that email of yours.
I hope that you get a favorable response as I will be following this. This is a fascinating case, the radar returns are remarkable. I really hope that we hear more about this. I don't want this case to be swept under the rug.

Rush :coo:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

Major Karl Lewis? This isn't the Olympiics...

What do you think about a response like "Space Aliens" or "Space-time Lords would bring"??

Nobody wants to say that cause everyone knows that isn't good for their career....

Nobody likes change.

I think the transition will begin during our lifetimes but it won't be totally mainstream (cultural "fact" ) for many decades.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
What a nice guy Billy Cox is, he actually responded to the above e-mail all

Cherie -- I'm not sure what more I could add to your chatter that I haven't already posted in my blog. This is a political story. Forget about contacting the USAF; that's a lost cause. The only possible sliver of light I could see is if you and everyone interested in this subject were to jam your elected representatives' mailboxes -- or their opponents -- with queries about this stuff, along with overt references to campaign contributions based on their responsiveness to your concerns. That's it. And you've gotta be smart about it. You can't be talking about space aliens. Stick to the facts. The civilian agencies have open records policies concerning radar data on the night of Jan. 8, and the military does not. Why no transparency? What are they hiding? The Pentagon may slam the door on the taxpayers' right to know, but can it afford to piss off members of Congress? That's up to you and your audience, Cherie.

Regards, BCox

I sent him a nice thank you e-mail
Too bad we're not allowed to organize letter/e-mail writing campaigns...at least, not on ATS

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Nice try Apexer....

Flooding your representatives with emails/calls doesn't necessarily work either. We tried that here in Seattle in our battle to keep our professional basketball team.

Thanks for the update though.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
oops double post sorry!

[edit on 18-8-2008 by Scramjet76]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

Yes he sure has, isn't that the one that UFO_REALITY actually called and got on the horn? I can't remember if it was the same guy or not. Oh well, wish there was really something to accomplish here, but there's probably not.

Thanks for the kind comments

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

Yes we tired it too on several things, but I guess it's better then just sitting around whining about it eh? It makes me feel better at least so I guess it's all good!

Thanks for applauding the small effort

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

Yes it is. I have spoken with Maj. Karl Lewis about a dozen times. He knows my first and last name now when I call.

I'm trying to get more out of him since this FAA radar data has been released. In my mind it proves there was more in the air that evening than 10 F-16s.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I'm in contact with a CNN producer who is trying to see about publishing a story on CNN.com about this...stay tuned!

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
I'm in contact with a CNN producer who is trying to see about publishing a story on CNN.com about this...stay tuned!

Please make sure that they ask the Air Force why there was NO RESPONSE to an unidetified, and UNRESPONSIVE aircraft approaching the Restricted airspace near the President's ranch?

And:

-Is it current USAF policy to allow unidentified, non-responsive aircraft free and unchallenged access to restricted flight areas?

-Did the USAF (or Any agency) even try to make contact with that intruder"?

-If the USAF claims that their radar showed no unidentified air traffic in the area at the time in question, are we to therefore conclude that the military's radar assets (that includes the operators) are INFERIOR to those of the FAA? (Maybe that's why we keep blowing up civilian wedding parties in Pakistan, Iraq, and Afghanistan?)

Maybe that's why this information was originally supressed to prevent "Public panic and Distrust of the Government".

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I just spoke with Billy Cox, the author of the article posted by the OP in this thread.

We had a great 15 minute conversation about the media, and the lack of follow up Stephenville coverage. We have radar data which could be considered "evidence" which the media always says they want, but even with this new data they won't cover it!

We both said we're not going to stop demanding answers. Billy is one of the few good guys left in investigative journalism...

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Something to chew on...........

One of the Vice Presidential options for Barack Obama is Chet Edwards. Chet Edwards is a Texas Representative and his district includes the Crawford Ranch property.

Perhaps if he ends up being the VP, we can hound him for information. We should have been hounding him already a few months ago. It is his district.

edwards.house.gov...

Just thought I would point this out to those who might not be aware.

new topics

top topics

join