It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgian Reporter shot on live TV (VIDEO)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Reporter shot on live TV (VIDEO)

www.thesun.co.uk

THIS is the dramatic moment a Georgian TV reporter is shot by a sniper on LIVE television.
News girl Tamara Urushadze suddenly disappears from view in this live report on public television in Georgia
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-8-2008 by brettcal82]

[edit on 14-8-2008 by brettcal82]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
this was lucky as hell the bullet apparently grazed her arm, lucky to be alive! she carries on telling the news!

www.thesun.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The young lady has a set of "brass ones." To continue on after even being grazed is amazing on her part.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
That sniper fired 6 rounds at the reporter. What was he or she thinking? Aren't there supposed to be standing orders to cease fire?

So much for the Russian end of the deal.

Will the Georgian's take the bait?

Or - for those more conspiracy minded - how long before we hear claims the Georgians themselves did it to create sympathy for their 'cause.'?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
i bet its a georgian propaganda set up
if she was supposed to be hit her head would have been blown off.
the whole thing looks suspicious to me.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I wonder if he was a really GOOD sniper or a really BAD one.
I'd like to know if I should laugh or sigh...I guess a sigh will do.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
i bet its a georgian propaganda set up
if she was supposed to be hit her head would have been blown off.
the whole thing looks suspicious to me.

That didn't take long.

Strange how we all care more about how we want to see things than what we see.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
well what I see is a sniper who missed badly
and it's not a bad sniper

because think of a scope lens on the sniper rifle

head... shoulder.........

if you are far enough not to be seen you can't see both
which means sniper was aiming for wherever he hit

propoganda!

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
has anyone on here had any experience with sniping would u be able to tell wether the shot heard was timed right or the distance it was fired from

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Wow what a scary situation to be in...

I am so glad that she was not injured much worse.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
You can not say it was a Russian sniper
you don't see the sniper

You can not say it was a Georgian sniper
you don't see the sniper

For all we know it was Bigfoot taking a pot shot
because we do not see the sniper

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

because think of a scope lens on the sniper rifle

head... shoulder.........

if you are far enough not to be seen you can't see both
which means sniper was aiming for wherever he hit

propoganda!

Ok.. What i see and hear is a reporter talking.. Then she grabs her arm and the camera goes crazy for a min. Then the camera comes back onto the reporter and you see a small amount of blood on her arm.

That is all i see...... I do not hear a gunshot, the wound itself is not shown that well.

Hey,... Im just pointing out what i saw... everything else is speculation

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

propoganda!

You do know there is another explanation?

The sniper could be trying to SCARE her away, either he is a very good shot, or he's a really bad shot and couldn't shoot her lol. I'm guessing more towards the first one.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilBat
you don't see the sniper

you don't see the sniper

This was either not a trained sniper, a propaganda event, or someone aiming for the cameraman who missed. As someone said before, any trained sniper would have opened her skull up like a coconut had he been trying to hit her.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic

Originally posted by EvilBat
you don't see the sniper

you don't see the sniper

This was either not a trained sniper, a propaganda event, or someone aiming for the cameraman who missed. As someone said before, any trained sniper would have opened her skull up like a coconut had he been trying to hit her.

Yes either it was a person who has rarely used a sniper before, a propaganda event etc but you missed another possibility, maybe the sniper was trying to scare her away, not kill her.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
my post was directed at the posts saying it was a russian sniper

what I'm saying is you can't say
which side because you do not see the sniper

For all we know it could be
fake blood on the wrist

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by brettcal82
has anyone on here had any experience with sniping would u be able to tell wether the shot heard was timed right or the distance it was fired from

I heard no "Gunshot" What i heard was poor audio and the reporters micraphon bouncing against things.

As for the sniper..... I can say that most likely he was a LONG shot.

If you look carefully at the start of the video the wind is blowing pretty good from the left going to the right.

Taking the wind into account .. And the 'bullet' hit her inner left arm just above her wrist area. Aiming at her Centerline of her body mass a 6-12in movement (wind carry) isn't surprising.. Especialy if you are using iron sights and are at a decent range and a poor marksmen.

The direction of the wind and where she was hit would make good evidence that someone (No proof of who) fired at her midsection and the wind moved the bullet sufficiently to the right (reporters left arm) to miss her main torso and strike her arm.

If it was a sniper he wasn't very good lmao.. More likely it was someone who saw a easy target and decided to take a shot at long range at them.

If the First "Noise" heard right after she was his is indeed the rifle report then the shooter would be at roughly 800-1200 yards away. Using 7.62 ammo. that has a FPS of 2,750.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by wolfmanjack]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic

Another possibility is that she was hit by a stray bullet, or that a gust of wind knocked the bullet off trajectory (unlikely).

I think I counted 5 shots. And the point where she was hit seems odd. What angle would cause a wound in that area?

I doubt very much if it were a professional sniper.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
People, if you dont know what you are talking about dont make a fool of yourself. Bunch of Hollywood snipers.

First, there would be no "splitting the head like a coconut" because well trained snipers aim center of mass.

Second, it would be impossible to graze someone intentionally from any distance. Even locked into a vise no weapon is that accurate.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

do you have any idea how much disinfo, lies, and propaganda has been put out in the media during this war? I wish i could just believe whatever I saw on TV like most people. unfortunatly the world is not what it appears to be most of the time, therefore i have to rely on good old fasion logic and motives.

logically any real sniper would have blown her brains out all over the camera lens. snipers dont miss. hence the term "sniper". and if they do they dont miss the second shot. one shot one kill.

motives for the russians to shoot a georgian woman reporter on live TV?
absolutely none.
i could not think of a worse action they could take to ruin already bad public opinion, other than throwing georgian babies into woodchippers on live TV. the russians are not stupid and they would not allow this to happen or sanction it.

reasons for georgians to "shoot" a georgian reporter on live TV and blame it on the russians?
extremely high. it would cause the public around the world to hate russia even more and see them as barbaric thugs. it is a georgian public relations miracle. it fits perfectly into their playbook.

Strange how we all care more about how we want to see things than what we see.

looks can be decieving. frankly if you believe everything you see on television
thats pretty sad. things can and are often manipulated for hidden purposes. this is a conspiracy site for crying out loud, think outside the "idiot box" for once.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join