It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puzzle #7 - little circles in squares

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Last one was easy, lets keep this ball rolling and see if we can solve this puzzle just as fast. It's kind of similar to puzzle five in that it has nine grayed out squares below the puzzle.

In the first three of the gray squares, the dots only move slightly up. In the second set the dots move slightly down and to the left. In the third set the dots move slightly down and to the right. I'm trying to figure out how many different positions those dots can have.

I count 31 different positions in this puzzle, total amount seems to be 60 possible. 26x26 square, 11x11 circle(hard to tell) so 15 up 15 diagonal 15 up 15 diagonal(4x15=60) Using the gray squares, the circles start at the left and then go up one pixel at time, once at the top they start coming down diagonally(one pixel down, one pixel left) until at the bottom right corner. Then they go straight up and then come down diagonally and end at the bottom left corner. Similar to a squared infinity pattern or two triangles pointing at each other.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by DraconianKing]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
LKFBAEN YMPTVZQN UYKIJQXKMA
TQCTMBKK BIABKNIENX AXVIOFF
FSSKNUILYM CZVZMNN

Perhaps?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I get:

B12,B11,A6,B2,A1,A5,B14
C13,D1,C4,C8,C10,C14,C5,C2
C9,C13,A11,A9,B10,C5,C12,A11,C1,B1
C8,C5,A3,C8,D1,B2,A11,A11
B2,B9,A1,B2,B11,B14,B9,B5,D2,C12
A1,C12,C10,B9,C3,B6,B6
B6,D7,D7,A11,C2,C9,A9,B12,C13,D1
A3,D14,C10,D14,D1,C2,C2

Where:

A=dot moving up right side
B=dot moving down left side
C=dot moving upper-right to lower-left
D=dot moving upper-left to lower-right

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Also, the third symbol in the second word has one less pixel of space after it. Dunno why.

PS: Great job on the last two puzzles, guys!

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
Also, the third symbol in the second word has one less pixel of space after it. Dunno why.

PS: Great job on the last two puzzles, guys!

It's probably just a mistake, well at least I hope it is. I need some rest, I'll be back later.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
2 more puzzles solved whilst I slept. Oh dear Im getting slower as I age (the grey hairs should have been an indicator hehe)

This one looks like a doozy simply because it hurt my eyes to look at for more than a few seconds. Back to the drawing board.....

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I agree many puzzles solved wow
awesome job guys!
ok wow

this one looks likes. well
wow

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Hmm, does this seem to be the cycle?

Stupid circles aren't placed exactly on pixel increments... hard to tell which one is which. Going to go get coffee...

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Hey! There are two commas.

Congratulations on solving 2 puzzles while I got my beauty sleep, guys! Excellent job!

Now, on to the circles.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Looks like transient of sun/moon.

Good job on other puzzles. You guys really should sleep though!

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Looks like second set is rotated 90 degrees clockwise.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
Hmm, does this seem to be the cycle?

Stupid circles aren't placed exactly on pixel increments... hard to tell which one is which. Going to go get coffee...

Thought so too. However it is 24x24 inside the box. The circle is 9 pixels high and wide (as far as I can tell in the inverted symbols which give me clearer picture).

So there are 15 steps from bottom right up, then 14 steps from top right to bottom left, then 14 up then 12 to bottom right (don't count the centered circle. Notice there are some centered circles in the symbols)

The antialiasing of the circles is making it difficult to tell where the pixels start and end.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Yes I think you are right -- I'm going to redo this with identical circles, instead of copying the ones from the original GIF.

There's an interesting pattern to what glyphs in the message are in what 'circle sequence', though. Here's an alphabet I made, showing what images are from the original and which don't appear in the message:

And here's the translated text using that (probably incorrect) key:

C2,C3,A6,C11,A1,A4,C1
B13,D1,B5,B9,B11,B14,B6,B3
B10,B13,A10,A8,C4,B6,B12,A10,B2,C12

B9,B6,A2,B9,D2,C11,A10,A10
C11,C5,A1,C11,C3,C1,C5,C8,D3,B12
A1,B12,B11,C5,B4,C7,C7

C7,D8,D8,A10,B3,B10,A8,C2,B13,D1
A2,D14,B11,D14,D1,B3,B3

The use of the different rows (A,B,C,D) in different words is interesting -- it may imply that the cycle shown (sequence of rows) is not in the correct order (mod 26)...

Edit: indexing

[edit on 14-8-2008 by Ian McLean]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Oh crud what if the pixel-patterns not matching up is part of the information? Adding rotation/flipping? Like, there's a difference between 'circle on the middle-left side', and 'circle on the middle-right side, flipped horizontally'? Or the diagonals, rotated 90 degrees?

Edit to add: after looking at the glyphs more, I don't think this is the case

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
As puzzle 5 was I believe that the key is the white grouping.

Each Three represent a numbering group in theory where was you can notice a significant drop in each line. Then I notice that

1) the first is in the bottom right, and the dots shift up
(bottom right shifts up only... no direction from what I see)

2) the second (group) is in the top right and shifts down and left

3) the third (group) shifts down and right

SOO. I figure the last group will start bottom left and only go straight up? maying it will go up and right but i think just up. Well i notice in the puzzle it goes slightly out... maybe. not sure

OH OH. I also see the possibility that its grouped in 4 sets maybe? Maybe more if you figure out the sequencing.

it could be grouped similarly to the other guys...

A A A A A
1 2 3 4 5

B B B B B
1 2 3 4 5

C C C C C
1 2 3 4 5

D D D D D
1 2 3 4 5

Not sure. Just make sure to figure out the white sequencing. where as A group or 1 Group starts in bottom right and so forth.

Let me know what yall come up with.

Edit to Add

The aaaa grouping thing came from IAN MCLEANbut we come from the same idea. now i see that that i understand where hes coming from.

I dont belive they go straight up in a pattern tho I beleive the significane is from each set abcd that the shifting back up down to the right and so forth represents the change back to the correct numbers or letters.

EDIT TO ADD MORE

I LOOKED AT THE PUZZLE AGAIN.

The bottom left one goes straigh up and right also. so each corner is 4 groupings then 2 additional groupings because each corner goes up or down and right or left. 4 1 and 4 2 and i think the change from the original position of the last one on the grid or in the puzzle is still relevant that its continuing in position and each change take it to the correct Number or Letter.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by rjmelter]

[edit on 14-8-2008 by rjmelter]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Heck better yet

1) Bottom right goes up

2) Top Right goes down and left

3) top left goes down and right

4) bottom right goes up
------------------------------------------
5)bottom right goes up and left

6) top right goes down

7) top left goes down

8)bottom right goes up and right

Thats one way I see the outcome.

Another is that if you keep going eventually you find that it will stop go in reversal order? Not sure

Im just trying to provide theorys i hope they help someone.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
Thought so too. However it is 24x24 inside the box. The circle is 9 pixels high and wide (as far as I can tell in the inverted symbols which give me clearer picture).

So there are 15 steps from bottom right up, then 14 steps from top right to bottom left, then 14 up then 12 to bottom right (don't count the centered circle. Notice there are some centered circles in the symbols)

Then why does the antialiasing pattern change with each 'step'? The circles aren't stepping in whole-pixel increments.

Edit to add: I've verified that all the instances of the glyphs in my previous 'translation' image are pixel-identical -- so there's no subtle distinction between different patterns of pixels at the same 'location'.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Disregard,,,,,

Miscounted.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by Kellter]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Maybe this is the way the alphabet should be?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I'm sure y'all thought about this, but I could be the alphabet forwards and backwards, but linked together.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join