It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Warehouse Jail' for Dem Convention Protesters...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

'Warehouse Jail' for Dem Convention Protesters...

cbs4denver.com

DENVER (CBS4) ― CBS4 News has learned if mass arrests happen at the Democratic Convention, those taken into custody will be jailed in a warehouse owned by the City of Denver. Investigator Rick Sallinger discovered the location and managed to get inside for a look.

The newly created lockup is on the northeast side of Denver. Protesters have already given this place a name: "Gitmo on the Platte."

Inside are dozens are metal cages. They are made out of chain link fence material and topped by rolls of barbed wire.

"This is a secured environment," Capt. Frank Gale of the Denver Sheriff's Department told CBS4. "We're concerned about how that's going to be utilized by people who will be potentially disruptive."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
This ought to be an eye opener to those who continue to think that the democrat party is the bastion of democracy. This is a glaring example of just how our first amendment rights (among others) are being striped away for the benefit of a party of corrupt, self absorbed, elitists while at the same time they try to deflect attention from themselves and toward everyone else.

cbs4denver.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Its going to be Chicago '68 all over again. Blood in the streets and lots of innocents who fall into the frey trying to get home. Thing is that there are going to be LOTS of pro-demonstrators there. The trust fund babies will be out in force I'm sure!!!

Zindo

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Didn't the Republican party do the exact same thing several years ago?

None of the two big parties are bastions of democracy.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

It will be practically empty. Republicans do not usually protest the people they do not like. Gore was exception. Besides, this is a convention an amusing one at that.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by eradown]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
It wasn't Republicans in '68 either. It didn't stop the rest of the crazies from tearing the town to shreds. The same nut cases that show up for the World Trade talks will show up for this just to use it to make they're statement.

Zindo

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
It wasn't Republicans in '68 either. It didn't stop the rest of the crazies from tearing the town to shreds. The same nut cases that show up for the World Trade talks will show up for this just to use it to make they're statement.

Zindo

I may be wrong but don't the trust fund babies who have leeched onto the democratic party mistakenly believe that Obama will do everything they want. The others all believe that Hillary is perfect. Any trust fund baby who protests this risks looking like a bigot.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by eradown]

new topics

top topics

join